Why wife (fiance) hold the key...

jimnycricket65

Reaction score
Handicap
GHIN 14.7
Why do they have the power to let us golf or not golf? I never thought I'd be in this predicament and it upsets me that in have to get permission /be allowed to golf

The father of the bride said to my buddy, the groom, before the wedding: "Just remember, happy wife, happy life."

Mine doesnt, "let" me do anything. I tell her Im going to play golf, she tells me, "have fun" and thats that. Personally, I wouldnt be in a relationship with a woman who I had to ask for permission to do everything and the first time she told me I couldnt go play golf and didnt have a really good reason why would be the last time.
Life is too short and theres too many beautiful women in this world to let one make you miserable.

Choose to play golf when it suits the family not when it suits you and you'll be just fine. Giving herself plenty of notice when your gonna play helps

I sympathize, my girlfriend hates golf She thinks its a game that only fat rich people play. We had a long distance relationship for 3 years when she went to England to uni, so she hates it when I choose to play golf over seeing her. However, we recently went on a night away at a fancy hotel that had a course, range and pitching/ putting green, we went out and she really enjoyed it. I don't expect her to be joining a club, but she has been OK with me golfing. She is starting to realize it is my way of letting steam off and how happy it makes me.

Mine doesnt, "let" me do anything. I tell her Im going to play golf, she tells me, "have fun" and thats that. Personally, I wouldnt be in a relationship with a woman who I had to ask for permission to do everything and the first time she told me I couldnt go play golf and didnt have a really good reason why would be the last time.
Life is too short and theres too many beautiful women in this world to let one make you miserable.

Well said... Couldn't agree more.

If it's not hurting the budget and nothing is planned i go no need to ask grow a set..

I don't view it as my wife having control. I view it as respecting the relationship and just running it up the tower. I can play when ever I want. But leaving her with both kids every weekend just makes me a bad husband and father. So out of respect to her and our relationship, I ask. It goes a long way plus it's the right thing to do, in my house anyway.

I don't view it as my wife having control. I view it as respecting the relationship and just running it up the tower. I can play when ever I want. But leaving her with both kids every weekend just makes me a bad husband and father. So out of respect to her and our relationship, I ask. It goes a long way plus it's the right thing to do, in my house anyway.

Well said Freddie.

A relationship is a two way street. When there's kids, it's a highway with a s**t load of exits. You have to consider how to get everyone on and off at the right exits, and also, someone needs to hold the wheel.

I've been in the same relationship for about 13 years, I've always considered my self as the loose cannon and my wife to be the sensible and more cautious one. If I had my way every time I'd be a broke, hangover, fat and unhappy man on a golf course. Now I'm a financially semi-ok, healthy, happy father going on a golf course when ever I have time to do it, and I go home to my amazing family every day.

Of course, one has to consider options if the other person in the relationship considers it to be a one way street, and thinks you are going in the wrong way.

Freddie, well put indeed.

I've been married a good number if years now and learned thru trial and error...mostly error but the mutual respect is key to making it work in my home. My wife respects just how important golf is to me and most weekends she asks whether Im playing golf. It there is something she wants or needs done I usually don't play until later. She actually helps me enjoy my game even more knowing that her needs are taken of as well. As for her hobbies I am mindful of the time she needs to devote to them.

I agree Freddie it is a mutual appreciation of what's important to each that keeps my home humming. I don't remember the the last time we had a major disagreement. Having said that it will probably be today. LOL.

TapAhoy!

Absolutely correct. Just as I would expect my wife to discuss with me if she was going to do something that costs money and takes 4 or so hours.

A relationship is a two way street. When there's kids, it's a highway with a s**t load of exits. You have to consider how to get everyone on and off at the right exits, and also, someone needs to hold the wheel.

I've been in the same relationship for about 13 years, I've always considered my self as the loose cannon and my wife to be the sensible and more cautious one. If I had my way every time I'd be a broke, hangover, fat and unhappy man on a golf course. Now I'm a financially semi-ok, healthy, happy father going on a golf course when ever I have time to do it, and I go home to my amazing family every day.

Of course, one has to consider options if the other person in the relationship considers it to be a one way street, and thinks you are going in the wrong way.

Freddie, well put indeed.

I love this, well said.

This is why I usually look for a post from Mr. Kong. Perfectly said.

well said Freddie, I couldnt agree more.

*Family friendly forum, blu*

Because it's the grown up thing to do. Especially with kiddos.

Also, if I don't ask permission, it may make her angry. And if she's angry, then there will be no maritals later.

Freddie put it perfectly. I play a lot of golf (a whole lot) and my wife doesn't mind at all. She actually encourages me to go out sometimes. We don't have any kids yet either. I will always let her know when I'm going out just to make sure she doesn't have anything else she needs me to do. If there is something she needs me to do and there is no other time for me to do it, I'll skip golf. I'm sure things will change when we have kids.

*Family friendly forum, blu*

Because it's the grown up thing to do. Especially with kiddos.

Also, if I don't ask permission, it may make her angry. And if she's angry, then there will be no maritals later.

That's usually the main reason for asking!

UH. yep. Here ya go. Well said Freddie, couldnt have worded it better myself.

I showed Jenn how to play. She now loves golf and completely understands why I am obsessed with it. Therefore I rarely have any issues with getting out to play or even buying something

I am not married yet but I wouldn't say that I have to ask for permission to golf but I give plenty of notice so that if she wants to do something with her friends she can have time to plan it. We are getting married in June and while I doubt that will change things much but when we have kids things will change but it is too be expected. In a relationship it is all about give and take also being reasonable.

Ellen doesn't care when I go as long as it doesn't break plans with her. We are getting married this Saturday and I don't see it changing.

Lynne and I have been married so long that both of us are retired, she just tells me when she wants me to set aside time so she is sure I have not planned any golf. As retirees she just assumes that I am playing golf that day if the weather permits. Works pretty well for us. I am heading to the links in a few minutes, see ya.

Nobody's bigger than the team. We rarely prevent each other from following our passions, but you have to make sure the time and expense works.

My wife loves to golf, so she understands how much fun it is. :D

Back