Need a low spinning golf driver!

Baby Paws

Reaction score
Handicap
Currently using a Adams Fast 12ls , but looking for something more low spin then that or maybe a different shaft to my fubuki shaft?

Bridgestone J40 is a very low spin head. Not the easiest to find and try though. Very classic looking head.

There are quite a few out there. The Callaway RAZR Fit, Cleveland classic are a couple that come to mind. If you are looking for a shaft with lower spin there are a ton of options out there. Just a few are the Miyazaki B.Asha, AD Di series, and the list goes on and on. Best option is to go get fit and find something that works for you.

I actually agree with Cookie. Of all the MANY heads I played this past year the J40 absolutely DEFINES the words low spin in my experience (twice I might add).

With the Cleveland Classic 290 I had a helluva time trying to get my spin above 2000.

Ping Anser with the Ahina shaft. In my fitting it had about half the spin of the 12LS and the 913D. I love it!

I would recommend a fitting. I would say a shaft could help about as much as the head.

Bridgestone J40 is a very low spin head. Not the easiest to find and try though. Very classic looking head.

I actually agree with Cookie. Of all the MANY heads I played this past year the J40 absolutely DEFINES the words low spin in my experience (twice I might add).

I would agree with both of them....I have hit the Razr Fit and the Classic, but the J40 is even more low spinning than both of them

Ping i20 and Anser are both low spin heads, some of the stock shafts are low spin as well.

+1 on Ping Anser

Cleveland Classic
Bridgestone J40

Cleveland Classic
Bridgestone J40

+1 to these, I have been fortunate enough to try out quite a few drivers this year and these 2 have minimized my "power fade" much better than most others I tried out.

Cleveland Classic for sure.

TapAhoy!

Well a few others beat me to it. but the J40 is a good low spinning head and that sucker is long!

i hit the classic and it had too high of spin for me personally, so i went withthe titleist 910d3. so spin penetrating flight just an awesome club

driver help?

driver help?

Low spinning driver but with high launch?

The holy grail of drivers?

Bridgestone J40 and Cleveland classic come to mind. Otherwise, with a proper fit and swing mechanics, I would imagine most drivers will be low spin high launch, or otherwise provide ideal launch conditions.

Blu is right. Those two definitely fit the ball. Others could work with proper fitting without a doubt, but as standard, few fit as well as those two in my opinion.

J40 for sure, from personal experience. If I wasn't such a TM junky I would have never traded it in for credit on my SF 2.0

Merged with an earlier thread you started.

I haven't hit it myself yet but I've read a lot of great things about the J40 driver. Definitely give that one a try!

Back