Stewart Cink leaves Nike - joins TaylorMade

#Cookie

Grinder
Reaction score
Handicap
Saw this pic posted by Stewart this morning on Twitter. Nike contract expired at midnight, perhaps? This was actually a well kept secret.

x2_10500bab

Interesting. I believe Nike announces some of their new staff today, so this makes sense. Didn't see it coming though.

Looks like he is set up and ready to go. This was pretty quiet. Never heard or saw mention of this switch in manufactures.

Cool.

I know that a lot if companies seem to be rolling out staff for the next 10 or 11 days. Ready to see who else has changed.

R11S in the bag...

Maybe they couldn't continue his contract because Rory gets the whole budget for the next 10 years ;)

I definitely didn't see this coming.

Also that's an interesting color scheme on that bag. I expected more yellow with all the marketing lately.

This one does surprise me. He seemed to be happy with his deal at Nike.

This is how it should happen. Hoping SC finds some decent form again in 2013.

This is how it should happen. Hoping SC finds some decent form again in 2013.

Agreed. With respect to both companies involved.

Good for Cink! I like that bag too.

Interesting... Dont really see Cink as a TM Staffer.

Hope this gets him the start he needs for 2013. Hope to see him on the leader boards again soon.

Interesting... Dont really see Cink as a TM Staffer.

I kinda do. To me they are similar to Nike. I kind of see Nike and TM as flashy with their equipment and style. Not saying that he is that- but his companies have that in common.

I think it was a good move for Nike, SC hadn't really brought anything to the table for a while. Hopefully he'll play well with the TM gear and he can return to the winners circle soon.

I kinda do. To me they are similar to Nike. I kind of see Nike and TM as flashy with their equipment and style. Not saying that he is that- but his companies have that in common.
I see what you are saying. I'm a Cink fan, have always liked him. Will be different seeing him staffed by TM.

Haha the white driver is slightly flashy. The bright red driver is slightly flashy as well. I don't see them similar at all. I like the Nike brand, specifically their VR line. I do not like TM. At all

At least he has some taste and drives a Toyota.

Not sure he is a guy that really moves a lot of product but I am sure he will help the #1 on tour numbers for them.

I see what you are saying. I'm a Cink fan, have always liked him. Will be different seeing him staffed by TM.

Oh yes. I agree. It will be different. I just sort of see the companies ideas as similar.

I kind of figured Cink would be one of the guys out at Nike. It's an "Eh" signing for TM, IMO. He reps his sponsors well and if he is contending (which he hasn't done much of the past 2 or 3 years), he's a good guy to be draped over. So that makes him and Glover as confirmed Nike to TM departures.

Haha the white driver is slightly flashy. The bright red driver is slightly flashy as well. I don't see them similar at all. I like the Nike brand, specifically their VR line. I do not like TM. At all

Oh yeah- I don't think their products are necessarily similar, but ideas and marketing ploys.

I kind of figured Cink would be one of the guys out at Nike. It's an "Eh" signing for TM, IMO. He reps his sponsors well and if he is contending (which he hasn't done much of the past 2 or 3 years), he's a good guy to be draped over. So that makes him and Glover as confirmed Nike to TM departures.

Glover is out too? I missed that. Good point as him being the odd man out at Nike.

He still plays? Hadnt heard anything from him since Tom Watson handed him the British with a balky 8 irons swing on the 72nd hole.

Back