Wilson Staff D-100 Iron Preview

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
The next generation of D Irons from Wilson Staff delivers ultimate performance-enhancing technology for players who want lightweight, easy-to-swing distance and forgiveness:

Large, Thin, Unsupported Face: 7% thinner iron face delivers faster ball speeds and unsurpassed distance.

Higher MOI: Exoskeleton technology coupled with an undercut cavity allows 35% more mass to be moved to the sole, heel and toe areas for extreme perimeter weighting and forgiveness.

Progressive Head Design: Optimized head proportions throughout the iron set deliver ideal launch angles, ball speeds and spin rates for each loft.

2082597.jpg

I like the red around the w/s shield. It almost looks like its highlighting the back of the sweet pot. Screaming hit me here. Looks good.

I like the looks of these. Honestly havent hit many Wilson anything in my day, but certainly would like to try these irons out as there were some solid impressions made by those on here who have tried out previous lines.

Have you seen these, Josh?

I can't tell, but the club where we can't see the number doesn't appear to have an overly thick top line.

• Admin
Have you seen these, Josh?

I can't tell, but the club where we can't see the number doesn't appear to have an overly thick top line.

Not in hand. If they fall in line with the previous versions, the sole and top line would be fairly substantial.

I think they look decent. Just reading the description has me interested as they claim to offer basically everything that I look for in an iron with the perimeter weighting and forgiveness.

They look pretty good. Not a fan of the red

I actually think I prefer the look of these to the di11. Hope they perform as good as they did.

I actually think I prefer the look of these to the di11. Hope they perform as good as they did.

It just looks like the red was an afterthought. Like they were done and some 8 year old said it needs more color and threw some red in there.

It just looks like the red was an afterthought. Like they were done and some 8 year old said it needs more color and threw some red in there.

I have a feeling that has more to do with the poor picture. I said the same thing when I first saw this picture.

Not sold on them at the moment. Of course I have always preferred W/S forged offerings better then their cast ones. But thats just me. They dont look hideous just not something I am that thrilled about.

I have a feeling that has more to do with the poor picture. I said the same thing when I first saw this picture.

Maybe I'm nitpicking. I mean they didn't even stay in the lines lol!

Not a bad looking iron IMO from those pics, would like to see some more. Wouldnt rule them out by any means.

Nothing that screams I must have them, but I do have a soft spot for W/S. Would like to give them a try soon.

Reminds me a bit of a chrome Ci-11. I like lightweight. Will be interested to see what shafts are coming stock in these.

Not a huge fan of the way that red is just thrown on there too. But I will reserve final judgment until I see some in-hand photos.

These look pretty good the sole doesn't look too massive but that could be the picture. It'll be interesting to see the reviews on these.

Wilson IMO is extremely underratted. They have a storied past and I believe they still put out very high quality equipment, they just dont have the tour exposure that they used to. Interested to hear more about these in the near future.

Wilson IMO is extremely underratted. They have a storied past and I believe they still put out very high quality equipment, they just dont have the tour exposure that they used to. Interested to hear more about these in the near future.

Good thoughts mrmcgovs. I actually believe they are overrated. But hey, everyone thinks differently about tons of brands

Good thoughts mrmcgovs. I actually believe they are overrated. But hey, everyone thinks differently about tons of brands

I bet your in the minority with that thought

TapaTalk from the iPhone

The red does look like they just added it to make it less bland but I have never tried w/s irons and wouldn't be supposed to give these a few taps and see what they got. I've heard the underrated stories on this brand and the only way to find out is hit them.

I have not played a Wilson Staff iron since the late 1970 era. Not sure why either because they make quality products and I have known guys bagging Wilson loving them. The one thing I'm not sure about is the thin faced technology that Wilson and other companies may be leaning towards. Will this produce a more clicky and harsh feel on mishits? It will interesting to follow up on these.

This looks like a slimmer Di11 to me...looking forward to in hand pics, and hopefully taking a few swings. I've liked the Di11s and currently game the Ci11s, so I'll be hopefully giving these a hit at the outing...

Back