Callaway X-Hot Fairway Wood Preview Thread

Well, sadly, Callaway has finally done something I'm not impressed with..

I love the look of pretty much all of their new offerings. I've had a chance to hit one piece and loved it. I am sure the performance of this will speak for itself..

But those top line graphics absolutely SCREAM to the club I've used all summer. The R11 3w. Not impressed by that at all. I felt like they were paving the way for something different.
As I've said before, the look of the club doesn't hit the ball. You have consumed way too much Chipotle and it's clouding your vision. The club is a stunner...repeat after me...the club is a stunner. The muted gray with the tracker beam graphics. NOICE!!!

Not the R1 buddy.. The R11..

Spoiler
TAYR11FWALT.jpg
Im with Dan on this one. While I do like the look of this one, it's as if I have seen it before...

As I've said before, the look of the club doesn't hit the ball. You have consumed way too much Chipotle and it's clouding your vision. The club is a stunner...repeat after me...the club is a stunner. The muted gray with the tracker beam graphics. NOICE!!!

hah, like I said, the performance will likely speak for itself and I look forward to that, I was just really disappointed to see a club and think immediately to another manufacturer. I thought Callaway was doing a great job thinking outside of the box, I just don't get that feeling here. Just trying to be honest about it.

I agree, it is a beauty. I like the white version of this club as well.

I agree with the first part of this, but the gray on top with the matte finish reminds me a little bit of the mashie and the best part of that finish is there is never any glare, so count me as a fan.
It could grow on me and I'm not going to know till I see it in person, and of course see some numbers, but I was one of the few that didn't like the old school mashie (I know, don't go get a rope) and actually like the polished driver heads. No judgement till I see it up close and in person!

Well looky what we have here. Is that my sexy new #treewood I see!!! From what I'm reading on the twitter machine these fairway woods are TO LONG yup that's right TO LONG. Gary Player said it's the best 3 wood he has ever used

Ugly. Way to many different colors. Hate how they are copying the RBZs "longest fway wood blah blah" and Cleveland's "longer from any lie". Be original, Callaway is spiraling into a TM which is good for sales, but I hate.

Hmm... Not sure about the color but I'll save judgement for seeing it in person. What I do like is all the loft options. Can't wait to hear the feedback on this one.

Ugly. Way to many different colors. Hate how they are copying the RBZs "longest fway wood blah blah" and Cleveland's "longer from any lie". Be original, Callaway is spiraling into a TM which is good for sales, but I hate.

More Callaway hate? Did TM copyright the "longest" claim or something?

Hasn't it always been about length in the wood department?? What is new for them to do? This is the most accurate club you will ever hit? This is the prettiest club you'll ever hit? It's always been about length with the Driver/woods and Callaway is getting back into the game that is being played. I think many people, including me, are saying.........Finally!

I agree, it is a beauty. I like the white version of this club as well.

Performance over paint! I did not like any of the white stuff.

It could grow on me and I'm not going to know till I see it in person, and of course see some numbers, but I was one of the few that didn't like the old school mashie (I know, don't go get a rope) and actually like the polished driver heads. No judgement till I see it up close and in person!

Hahaha...no rope necessary Nate. Everyone has the right to an opinon and honestly, I really like a shiny polished driver head too. I was just pointing out that it is what it reminded me of, and as awesome as the FW mashies were I think I would have immediate confidence standing over this. Plus they improved on the mashie look with an alignment aid.

I am intrigued. Can’t wait to hear what people who have hit it for a while think about it.

But what if that statement is true?

We will have some video coming up in the next day or two with sound tests and early thoughts.

Looking forward to this one. They certainly have my attention, some BIG claims lay here.

I'm unsure, agree with Canadan, it reminds me of TM... I like the matte grey crown, but can do without the other graphics. After the hype of the sole of these, I honestly didn't expect to see a visual reminder of the "other guys". But I will take some passes with it and see how it feels and performs,

I have decided that this will be my 3W instead of the Adams 1H. I am really looking forward to this review

We will have some video coming up in the next day or two with sound tests and early thoughts.

Looking forward to this.

I have decided that this will be my 3W instead of the Adams 1H. I am really looking forward to this review
I thought I was like a pre-teen girl at a Justin Beiber concert over the 3W, but I am at least able to wait to hit it and see reviews first. I think this decision makes you like a full fledged teenager at that Beiber concert :)

I thought I was like a pre-teen girl at a Justin Beiber concert over the 3W, but I am at least able to wait to hit it and see reviews first. I think this decision makes you like a full fledged teenager at that Beiber concert :)

Haha I have the Cally Bieber Fever!!

I'm unsure, agree with Canadan, it reminds me of TM... I like the matte grey crown, but can do without the other graphics. After the hype of the sole of these, I honestly didn't expect to see a visual reminder of the "other guys". But I will take some passes with it and see how it feels and performs,

Guys - I know this is my first post but I've been reading around a few forums with great interest on the new FWs and drivers from Callaway. I think you guys need to be aware that the PRO version of the X Hot FWs, hybrids and driver have NO graphics on the crown. So you will be appeased :)

Guys - I know this is my first post but I've been reading around a few forums with great interest on the new FWs and drivers from Callaway. I think you guys need to be aware that the PRO version of the X Hot FWs, hybrids and driver have NO graphics on the crown. So you will be appeased :)

Welcome to THP, and we've seen previews of them. So you're right, those should be good!

Back