Official College Football Thread (Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
3 in 4 years. Dynasty much?

Now that college football is over I can yell at people in the cast v forged thread

Someone posted on another sports board "Now I know why the Irish drink" too funny.

Now that college football is over I can yell at people in the cast v forged thread

There will always be a new SS thread too dude.

Fine by me. I'm still trying to measure my swing speed. I can't seem to find a monitor that exceeds Saban mph, though.

Johnny Football once settled the forged vs cast debate with a mouthpiece.

Wow... That made no sense but hey, we're national champions!

I am not one to gloat so all I'll say is "Roll Tide".

College football is better when Notre Dame is relevant, so I'm glad that they are again, and I hope they stay that way. Brian Kelly is a great guy, and the perfect coach for that program.

Thank you Don. You show much more restraint then my so called "friends" on FB right now.

College football is better when Notre Dame is relevant, so I'm glad that they are again, and I hope they stay that way. Brian Kelly is a great guy, and the perfect coach for that program.

Great post. Good winner here.

Congrats to all Alabama fans. This is really tough for me to write but you deserve it. Living 5 minutes from nd all my life you could say I'm a huge fan. Tonight I feel like I have been left at the alter. Now more so then ever I feel as if a championship is so far out of reach. Anyways congrats on a great game.

sent from my calculator...........60065

The legends continue on Twitter @LegendofManziel

Nice blu, WTG.

Congrats to all Alabama fans. This is really tough for me to write but you deserve it. Living 5 minutes from nd all my life you could say I'm a huge fan. Tonight I feel like I have been left at the alter. Now more so then ever I feel as if a championship is so far out of reach. Anyways congrats on a great game.

Classy fans right here. Congrats to both your teams for great seasons.

Congrats to the CT Fans, you spanked my ND boys good. But wait till next year!

Class act buddy!

It's so easy to get caught up in the moment and have strong emotions about your home team. Great move in showing back up and saying what you did :clapp:

I think Bama should put in some reserves now. It's no use rubbing faces into the dirt so let some young bucks get some playing time.

My only complaint on that win was that Saban should have put in the subs at the start of the 4th Quarter. And they probably should have stopped throwing deep. But it was still an impressive victory....and I can't wait for the 4 team playoff.

I disagree. It's not his job to keep the score down, it's the opponent's defense job to keep the score down.

Slicing for show and chunking for dough, because I spend too much time Tapatalking from my iPad.

My only complaint on that win was that Saban should have put in the subs at the start of the 4th Quarter. And they probably should have stopped throwing deep. But it was still an impressive victory....and I can't wait for the 4 team playoff.

I don't think there is going to be much more certainty from a four-team playoff. You'll get three games that mean something instead of one, which will make for better television. But, the selection process is still ultimately decided by popularity instead of merit. You really need to expand the playoff pool to at least eight, probably 16, teams before you can really say there is a champion.

To make a comparison with the NFL, if the voters decided go got into the playoffs, the Giants and Cowboys would certainly get in, and the Colts and Seahawks would have a tougher time. It is simply too unreliable to use a subjective selection process to determine an objective finding.

Untitled-16_zps3944c6cf.png

I disagree. It's not his job to keep the score down, it's the opponent's defense job to keep the score down.

Slicing for show and chunking for dough, because I spend too much time Tapatalking from my iPad.

I still believe in sportsmanship, and giving your subs an opportunity when its available. It is a minor point from last night though.....I think ND was humiliated either way, so that easing off the gas would not have done much to ease their pain.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back