Nike VRS Covert Driver Preview

Hart. From what I have seen. I was gettin the best results with the loft all the way up to 11.5. I currently play at 9.5. Don't be afraid to start high and go down. This seems like a lower launching driver.

Yeah man it sounds like that from all the reviews I have seen too. Very interesting, and could work really well for me actually. With my SS and launch, I need a very low spin low launch driver so in the end it might turn out to be a solid match for my swing. I will def start high and work down, 'preciate the call out.

Yeah man it sounds like that from all the reviews I have seen too. Very interesting, and could work really well for me actually. With my SS and launch, I need a very low spin low launch driver so in the end it might turn out to be a solid match for my swing. I will def start high and work down, 'preciate the call out.

If Rory has a 120+ mph driver swing and had to improve his loft, then we should expect the same thing.

Just bought a brand new tour version and got it for a very nice price brand new and is getting shipped soon to me and I hope as always with my buying blind it is something to have fun with for awhile and tinker with different shafts! i wasnt driving 2 hours away to hit one and it only be indoors! I will say I was looking at Nike Golf and there line up as to what all their players on tour use and the ones who do use the covert do not use the tour version including Rory! I am a little worried about the reasoning for that as I like the tour look better with the black finished face and red paint on the fice lines but if it does not perform as well that will be a bummer...I got it at such a good price I am sure I could try it out and get back out of it what I spent and try the regular covert then but I have my eye on the new G25! i think that is one sleek looking driver! Not really interested in the extreme anymore after seeing it and would rather wait til their next offering to try something from them!

I agree in liking the Tour version better even though I didn't hit it as well, hope it works out for you!

Just bought a brand new tour version and got it for a very nice price brand new and is getting shipped soon to me and I hope as always with my buying blind it is something to have fun with for awhile and tinker with different shafts! i wasnt driving 2 hours away to hit one and it only be indoors! I will say I was looking at Nike Golf and there line up as to what all their players on tour use and the ones who do use the covert do not use the tour version including Rory! I am a little worried about the reasoning for that as I like the tour look better with the black finished face and red paint on the fice lines but if it does not perform as well that will be a bummer...I got it at such a good price I am sure I could try it out and get back out of it what I spent and try the regular covert then but I have my eye on the new G25! i think that is one sleek looking driver! Not really interested in the extreme anymore after seeing it and would rather wait til their next offering to try something from them!

FWIW, Rory used the 910 D2 instead of the ever popular on tour D3 when he was with Titleist.

I was able to hit the covert this past weekend in both varieties. I have to say I couldn't tell much difference in the shafts, but obviously the tour model's head seemed significantly smaller than the non-tour. My current driver is a Ping G20 and I have to say I liked the covert, but I was having a problem hitting the middle of the club. Every ball I hit I was hitting on the inside heel of the sweet spot. No matter where I stood I couldn't get one in the middle. On my Ping G20 I put it right in the sweet spot the majority of the time. That being said.... Inside heel was still send the ball right down the middle, but falling short of 300yds. For as offcenter as I was hitting the ball I couldn't believe it was staying within 10 yds of center at that distance. Pretty impressed, but not being able to hit the sweet spot was ticking me off. I am going to go back soon and try it out again.

I was able to hit the covert this past weekend in both varieties. I have to say I couldn't tell much difference in the shafts, but obviously the tour model's head seemed significantly smaller than the non-tour. My current driver is a Ping G20 and I have to say I liked the covert, but I was having a problem hitting the middle of the club. Every ball I hit I was hitting on the inside heel of the sweet spot. No matter where I stood I couldn't get one in the middle. On my Ping G20 I put it right in the sweet spot the majority of the time. That being said.... Inside heel was still send the ball right down the middle, but falling short of 300yds. For as offcenter as I was hitting the ball I couldn't believe it was staying within 10 yds of center at that distance. Pretty impressed, but not being able to hit the sweet spot was ticking me off. I am going to go back soon and try it out again.

The Covert does feel like a head heavy club. Which will give you a much different sensation than the G20. I'm surprised that you were not consistently hitting the sweet spot. I am more impressed that you were surprised that offcenter strikes were falling short of 300.

Hart. From what I have seen. I was gettin the best results with the loft all the way up to 11.5. I currently play at 9.5. Don't be afraid to start high and go down. This seems like a lower launching driver.

Blu was this with the tour version or both? I wasn't able to mess with the lofts and was hitting the 9.5 loft. May have to get in there when they are not so busy and try the higher lofts.

I'm ready to hit this one at Dick's! I'm gonna take my Fit in and see which one comes out on top!

I hit the Covert Tour today and have to say I was expecting more. Granted I would probably fit much better in the regular Covert, but the Tour was all they had a demo of. I took 6 swings and I couldn't find the center of the face with a gps. One shot was decent right on the sweet spot and it didn't seem to generate a lot of ball speed. Not sure if it's the shaft or head, but the combo def. didn't work for me. I look forward to trying the regular Covert in the future.

Blu was this with the tour version or both? I wasn't able to mess with the lofts and was hitting the 9.5 loft. May have to get in there when they are not so busy and try the higher lofts.

I haven't had a chance to tinker with the Tour's loft and find a good shaft with it. I think maybe the Fuel with a higher loft ( like 12.5*) in the tour head is what I would use.

But for me, I was seeing the best results with the performance head set at 11.5* Right. I was hitting that thing as straight as an arrow on the simulator with plenty of distance. I have also seen some increased swing speed with these. I think the heavier head has allowed me to really torque the club through the zone.

I believe Rory actually uses the tour version. I watched the Abu dhabi and can definitely tell his covert had a black face and black sole. Unless he modified his Performance model to look like the tour. Who could blame him, the black on red is sweet.

The Covert does feel like a head heavy club. Which will give you a much different sensation than the G20. I'm surprised that you were not consistently hitting the sweet spot. I am more impressed that you were surprised that offcenter strikes were falling short of 300.

I was more surprised that they were making it to close to that yardage and straight'ish. My G20 off center hits aren't that forgiving.

Sent from my iPad Mini using Tapatalk HD

I was more surprised that they were making it to close to that yardage and straight'ish. My G20 off center hits aren't that forgiving.

Sent from my iPad Mini using Tapatalk HD

That's a good thig right? Hahah. More forgiving has sometimes meant less performance. I am not sure that's the case with this one. At least for me. And apparently you as well

Got to hit this today at demo day and must admit I was very suprised. Full disclosure- I was going into it planning on hating this driver, thinking it would feel cheep and have a terrible sound at contact. I was pleasently suprised by this driver. The red crown wasn't loud and annoying, you barely notice the swoosh. I was able to have a Nike fitter on the range with me look at my shots and change the loft and lie angles to fit my swing. The Tour version has a little bit of a lower CG and the fitter said even the pros are playing a slightly higher loft. I currently have the 9* Cleveland Classic but they bumped me up to a 10.5* setting. It had a very nice launch angle, aggressive....The ball climbs, it doesnt shoot up high. Annnnd it actually sounded good. Overall it went from something that I could care less about in 2013 to a serious driver in the market in my eyes.

Hi I have ordered the tour version and I'm now getting worried after all the reviews about the tour model. I am currently using a Taylormade R11 and hit this well. So as the TM has a 420cc head and the Nike is 430cc the Nike should look bigger or at least the same size. I went for the tour version as I like deep faced drivers better. So has anyone that has tested the Covert Tour version also had an original R11 and if so could you give me any comparisons.

Hi I have ordered the tour version and I'm now getting worried after all the reviews about the tour model. I am currently using a Taylormade R11 and hit this well. So as the TM has a 420cc head and the Nike is 430cc the Nike should look bigger or at least the same size. I went for the tour version as I like deep faced drivers better. So has anyone that has tested the Covert Tour version also had an original R11 and if so could you give me any comparisons.

Probably not a lot to worry about. A lot of people were making a stink about the lack of forgiveness in the R11. I didn't find it that bad. Not a G20 by any means, but not like the blade iron of drivers.

I hit this today at Golfsmith and I am REALLY considering selling my Bridgestone J40 430 to get it. I didn't hit the Tour model and would probably get that. This driver is amazing. Except for that grand canyon in the back it's almost the perfect driver. It had the 7M3 shaft in it. Sadly it was a S-flex and I was overpowering it a little but not a whole lot.

Acutally, the TM R11 has a 440cc head. I had that, but went to the R11s and felt it may be more forgiving given the 460cc head.

Have yet to see the Covert in my golf shop, so it's a bit harder to visually compare the two sizes. So if I can tee off with a 3 wood comfortably, is the Tour version a likelier choice? Instinct still tells me I should try both of them out first, but I'm excited to start practicing a new driver for the start of the season.

Have yet to see the Covert in my golf shop, so it's a bit harder to visually compare the two sizes. So if I can tee off with a 3 wood comfortably, is the Tour version a likelier choice? Instinct still tells me I should try both of them out first, but I'm excited to start practicing a new driver for the start of the season.

Always trust your instincts.

The tour version would be a better choice if you like to work the ball off of the tee. Otherwise, the standard had the same performance on center strikes. I would still try both, but I have yet to find a huge benefit for the tour version.

Hi has anyone that has hit both the tour and the performance models actually compared the 2 face depths I am wondering if the tour version is really that much deeper in the face or are they nearly the same because the performance model is that much bigger and wider in the face. I am still getting this driver but I'm considering changing my order to the performance model.

Back