Callaway X-Hot & X-Hot Pro Driver Preview Thread

Good write up Nate Dogg, those are some super interesting thoughts. Odd that the numbers for launch and spin are similar for you with both heads (if I read that correctly?). What shafts did you have in each? I felt like a lot of earlier thoughts had guys getting numbers of different ends of the spectrum with the two heads.

I for one will be following along with your decision to see which one ultimately wins out and makes it into your MC bag,

Believe me, I was waiting to see the numbers so it would help in the decision. My spin may have been slightly lower with the HOT.

Nate Really Great write up...... i agree 100% with everything you said in there..... i really was amazed at how much lighter this driver was than the Xtreme i mean it felt like i was swinging it so much faster after swinging the Xtreme i really can't wait for the Pro to come out on the 15th i need an upgraded shaft the Project X shafts they had were way to whippy for me and i was pull hooking every shot i took with it but i really Love the look of the clubhead at address its much more my style head shape for what i normally like to use.... I am interested to see how much i like the Pro model and what other shaft options i can try out to see if i can get something that works for me..... i was amazed at how well the speed frame face felt and it felt like the ball was jumping off the face like a rocket.... and i def liked the feeling off the face on this one maybe even more so than the Xtreme but its hard to give this club justice when the shaft was just so bad for me personally. but i had to give it at least a few swings today..... I can def see this being a really really good club for a lot of golfers after hitting it today and i now know that all the hype about it in the past few weeks is well deserved. all i know is the 15th can't come soon enough. i might even have to sneak a black tie into one and see how that feels and what numbers i get.

Good stuff Nate! I talked to Jman today as he was driving g home from the airport and he couldn't stop talking about how much talk the X Hot driver was getting at the PGA Show. I have only hit the Pro and it wasn't my specs at all at 8.5 degree and X stiff shaft so I have nothing to go on yet but they are in and I am hitting it next week for sure. I am so excited to have a Callaway driver shoot out to find my gamer.

Good stuff Nate! I talked to Jman today as he was driving g home from the airport and he couldn't stop talking about how much talk the X Hot driver was getting at the PGA Show. I have only hit the Pro and it wasn't my specs at all at 8.5 degree and X stiff shaft so I have nothing to go on yet but they are in and I am hitting it next week for sure. I am so excited to have a Callaway driver shoot out to find my gamer.

where did you hit the XHP? my guy said it wasn't being released till the 15th of February.

I hit the XHP at the PGA SS today. Like the head but the shaft spun the ball way too much for me. The rep ended up giving me the Xtreme with a lower launch and spin shaft. Like with any driver, with the right shaft the driver could be boss.

The XH had too much of a draw bias for me where the added spin turned it the XH into a hook machine.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Great thoughts Nate.

I got a couple swings with the XHot, 9.5 deg stiff in a non-functioning simulator at Golfsmith this afternoon. I do have to agree that this driver has a unique sound, kinda loud, but deeper. Maybe it's typical of the titanium driver that most don't produce anymore. It really does feel like the ball is exploding off that face though. Have no idea where or how far the ball was going, so the test will be repeated at a later date but was definitely interesting.

It is going to be fun watching the Callaway staffers make their driver choice. Sounds like they have 2 great options to choose from.

where did you hit the XHP? my guy said it wasn't being released till the 15th of February.
They had one sitting in the demo area of my local golf shop. The place is a Callaway Fitting Studio so I guess that's why? IDK for sure.

Hit this yesterday at the GG event. Was time pressed a little as there was a fair amount of folks there waiting to hit stuff. Only gained a handful of yards over my classic with this driver, but I didn't get enough time to get super comfortable. Actually took me a little bit to find the sweetspot. Once I did though, it felt awesome. Could definitely tell when you stripe one with this driver. Dispersion was a wash with the X-Hot compared to my Classic. Had more straight drives with the Classic, but I think that's just because I'm more comfortable with it. Want to get some more time with it before I make any decision about it. It was definitely a little longer, but don't know if it was $300 longer. Planning on getting out either this afternoon or this week to hit this, and others, some more.

Walked into the store today and was expecting to buy. Had a bunch of stuff to trade in. I liked the feel of it. Hit it pretty well. It definitely has a little something something going on. Putting this up against the G25, RFX, Adams LS, and a few others and this was the winner. Ball pops off the face and you feel like you are hitting it very well. Misses off the toe are felt but the distance loss is not terrible. My dispersion was pretty good as well.

I like how it looks at address. This is not a deep faced driver and that is a bonus in my book. The graphics did not bother me at all. In fact I cant say that I even noticed them. Absolutely love the matte color on this. Gorgeous looking club. Shaft felt OK but nothing special. I was getting decent distance for me on good hits. Right around 220 carry and 240 total on good hits. For some reason that seems to be the max distance I get when I hit indoors. With the trade in bonus they were giving today plus the shafts I already have with this tip, I was purchasing. But then I hit 1 more driver.....

Walked into the store today and was expecting to buy. Had a bunch of stuff to trade in. I liked the feel of it. Hit it pretty well. It definitely has a little something something going on. Putting this up against the G25, RFX, Adams LS, and a few others and this was the winner. Ball pops off the face and you feel like you are hitting it very well. Misses off the toe are felt but the distance loss is not terrible. My dispersion was pretty good as well.

I like how it looks at address. This is not a deep faced driver and that is a bonus in my book. The graphics did not bother me at all. In fact I cant say that I even noticed them. Absolutely love the matte color on this. Gorgeous looking club. Shaft felt OK but nothing special. I was getting decent distance for me on good hits. Right around 220 carry and 240 total on good hits. For some reason that seems to be the max distance I get when I hit indoors. With the trade in bonus they were giving today plus the shafts I already have with this tip, I was purchasing. But then I hit 1 more driver.....
Don't leave us hanging Chunky!!!!

C'mon chunky! Teaser!

Hmm... To be continued... Off to find the other thread.

I really love the looks of these series...the matte finish is stunning....I need to hit this beast ASAP

Sorry if this is a silly question. Looking at the project X shafts in these, the standard R flex is more of a mid ball flight correct? I am leaning toward going to the Light Flex as it has a low kickpoint. Here is the part I am unsure of. When I look at the specs on the Callaway site, they have it as "draw" weight configuration where as the Xhot Pro is neutral. Can some explain the difference?

When I look at the specs on the Callaway site, they have it as "draw" weight configuration where as the Xhot Pro is neutral. Can some explain the difference?

Dev - It's probably that the internal weighting is a bit more toward or in the heel end of the clubhead which would promote more of a draw. Similar concept to the Razr Fit or Fit Extreme with the movable weights, but in the case of the XHot, there are no movable weights, so you're buying a specific configuration of weighting.

Dev - It's probably that the internal weighting is a bit more toward or in the heel end of the clubhead which would promote more of a draw. Similar concept to the Razr Fit or Fit Extreme with the movable weights, but in the case of the XHot, there are no movable weights, so you're buying a specific configuration of weighting.

Thanks. Thats what I was afraid of.

I need to go hit this thing again, wasnt given a fair shake with it, was hitting them thin, so I bailed on it.

Stuck between a rock and hard place on this one. The Pro only comes in 9.5 degree in LH and the shaft just wouldnt work with my swing but the draw bias on the Xhot doesnt suit my game well either. Dont want to spend the extra $100 for the Xtreme either. Gonna have to get this thing on a LM ASAP.

I'll be hitting up the golf shop this week for a little X Hot action over lunch time. I'll be honest, my first session with the Xtreme went damn well so the bar has been set high, can't wait to see if the X Hot can stack up.

Nate, those were some great initial thoughts. I am hoping to get out and hit these this week. Keep your fingers crossed that the local shops have gotten in some LH for me boys.

Hit the XHOT 10.5 Driver yesterday out on the range. Played with it for a bit with a couple of shafts. Head is noticeably lighter than my RAZR FIT. I hit it pretty well with a good grouping of shots but I don't care much for the tinny sound off the face. I could do without the graphics on the head as well but that's not a game changer. Nice club.

I walked into Golf Town today and hit everything thy would let me! R1, RBZ 2, Covert, and all were launching really low (8.7* when set to 10.5*). Then I asked about the XHot and the pro said they have it to demo in the fitting cart, so he put the 10.5* head on the trinity shaft in stiff from the Extreme an I went to work... Still low 9- 10* launch angles. He watched me for a few minutes, walked away and came back with another head, swapped it out and have me a few swing pointers... And viola!!! 13.5* head on the trinity shaft was giving me a launch around 14-16* with spin rates in the low 3k carrying out to around 240!! And I was wearing my dress shoes from work so no traction, the ball flight was a baby draw, a true thing of beauty!! I can't wait for tax return money to go play around with the fitting cart and swap out some shafts to get the spin numbers down slightly. I'm sold! The Cleveland classic is going up for sale soon.

On my iPhone T.. T.. Tapatalking away!

Has anyone hit the PRO version of the X Hot?? Or has it been released yet?? My local golf shop says they'll have them on Valentines day...

Back