blugold

Autobots, ROLL OUT!
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
It's that time of the year, again. The 2013 Golf Digest Hot List is close to being fully released in publication. I am sure we will have opinions on the list, or what isn't on the list.

Let the discussion, and venting, begin.

For all the excitement, good and bad, it brings, it's not really on my radar. We've known about everything they will feature for a long time anyway. I have nothing against it. Just don't really care about it.

Something to read while tending to natures business. Thats about all its worth to me.

I actually enjoy the hot list. Sure it is nothing new to us, but, it's golf. I find it interesting every year.

Before THP, I swore by that list's results. But since I view equipment differently, I see a lot of flaws. It is supposed to be an objective list that uses subjective criteria.

There is very little rhyme or reason to the results. Other than, big OEM, good results. Very rarely does a small manufacturer, that specializes in only one product, ever make the list. SCOR and Seemore both made it last year. But I find it very hard to believe that there weren't others that warranted mention.

It's good bathroom reading material but thats pretty much where it stays to me. It's unreal how THP has changed my outlook on golf and golf equipment. Just the wide variety of handicaps and personalities here really gives you a good sense of the marketplace and what may work best for you and what probably wont work for you. It really is amazing.

Golf Digest has the driver catagory up on their site right now. I laughed at the results.

I'm always interested in it and read it, but take the results with a grain of salt. I thought there were offerings that should have been on the list last year, that wasn't.

I'm pretty sure the Bridgeston J40 irons won't make the cut and what a pity :confused2:

Yeah; I suppose I am fairly indifferent about this list.

I'm pretty sure the Bridgeston J40 irons won't make the cut and what a pity :confused2:

If Bridgestone was a different OEM, they would get Gold Medals and catagory leader notices for year old products.

Hell, did the J40 wedges make it? And they were a damn good wedge (from a guy that hates having wedges in his hands).

I actually enjoy the hot list. Sure it is nothing new to us, but, it's golf. I find it interesting every year.

Agreed. I like to read it to see what they thought.

If Bridgestone was a different OEM, they would get Gold Medals and catagory leader notices for year old products.

Isn't availability a criteria? If it is, it should keep most Bridgestone stuff off the Hot List IMO. Incredibly difficult to find a place to demo them and no LH options.

Always an interesting read, although pretty predictable that the usual names will always be up there. I don't really mind since, i feel most educated golfers try for themselves before buying anything.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

I used to rely on that list for what I was gonna try out. Now I base my want to hit list from what I hear from the members here.

I'll read the list for fun but won't put much weight in it.

Isn't availability a criteria? If it is, it should keep most Bridgestone stuff off the Hot List IMO. Incredibly difficult to find a place to demo them and no LH options.

Demand is a catagory. But never has "availability" been considered. At least to my recollection.

I see a lot of flaws. It is supposed to be an objective list that uses subjective criteria.

There is very little rhyme or reason to the results. Other than, big OEM, good results.

Golf Digest has the driver catagory up on their site right now. I laughed at the results.

I didn't laugh, but when I saw that the first part of the list was up, via Stina Sternberg's triumphant tweet about it, I looked and scoffed at it, as I probably could have given those results on my own without ever swinging one of those drivers.

What are there, like nine gold drivers? Hell, you can just pick any one off the rack then, if that's the case. And Adams and Wilson get silvers. Well, maybe, but we'll see. Seems odd though since they're not top OEMs.

I was going to comment back to Stina but figured others probably already had.

Did they J40 irons make it last year?

Hell, did the J40 wedges make it? And they were a damn good wedge (from a guy that hates having wedges in his hands).

I don't know Jeff but it will be interesting!

Demand is a catagory. But never has "availability" been considered. At least to my recollection.

I think it should be. Replace demand with availability.

Apparently to Golf Digest, "Innovation" just means adjustability.

It has a lot of accurate reviews but there is a lot of equipment that does not even get reviewed and also I have wondered if companies pay for their rating! I have atleast 2 drivers on this years hot list already and that is the Razr xtreme and 913.....and their description on it is pretty accurate to the T for both drivers!

Demand is such a silly category. The demand is somewhat artificially generated by the hot list. If the Hot list rated Tour Edge Exotics driver #1, the demand would go WAY up.

It has a lot of accurate reviews but there is a lot of equipment that does not even get reviewed and also I have wondered if companies pay for their rating! I have atleast 2 drivers on this years hot list already and that is the Razr xtreme and 913.....and their description on it is pretty accurate to the T for both drivers!

No. They do not.

Back