The Happy Happy Joy Joy Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Blugold, is that a PBR you use to chase a Bloody?

Blugold, is that a PBR you use to chase a Bloody?

If I remember right, it was a leinenkugel's honeyweis.

Great pic Blu.

Okay it's the long weekend. Beer, rum, hockey, walking dead, pizza and ummm oh yeah wife alright I'm ready for this.

Several years back, the wife and I had more debt than I care to admit. We went on the Dave Ramsey plan and basically knocked out everything except the mortgage in 2 years.

Now, the focus is on getting our 45 year old ranch style home a facelift. Got new triple pane windows a few years back, I installed hardwood floors, and then yesterday we had the A/C unit & furnace replaced.

Got a nice annual bonus from work this morning and it completed our "emergency fund" which is a nice stash of cash in case anything happens. The next step is gutting the kitchen, taking out a wall and installing a kitchen/living area that we can enjoy for a long time. Only got a grand saved towards the kitchen as of this morning but hoping that a year from now that the remodel is a realistic possibility!!

Just a nice HHJJ going from unnecessary paycheck to paycheck struggling to actually having "comfort" and no stress with the family financials!!

Several years back, the wife and I had more debt than I care to admit. We went on the Dave Ramsey plan and basically knocked out everything except the mortgage in 2 years.

Now, the focus is on getting our 45 year old ranch style home a facelift. Got new triple pane windows a few years back, I installed hardwood floors, and then yesterday we had the A/C unit & furnace replaced.

Got a nice annual bonus from work this morning and it completed our "emergency fund" which is a nice stash of cash in case anything happens. The next step is gutting the kitchen, taking out a wall and installing a kitchen/living area that we can enjoy for a long time. Only got a grand saved towards the kitchen as of this morning but hoping that a year from now that the remodel is a realistic possibility!!

Just a nice HHJJ going from unnecessary paycheck to paycheck struggling to actually having "comfort" and no stress with the family financials!!

Great stuff Cookie! Sounds like you got that train chugging down the right track these days :thumb:

Glad to hear it cookie. That is awesome!

Always nice to have a little extra cash in the bank for those emergency situations. Or of course when the Cowboys play the Giants. I will put you down for a $1 bet for each game next season? :alien:

Wise decision making there cookie, our life became so much better when we committed to paying off debt and actually not stressing over stretching paychecks. Great HHJJ buddy.

Thanks guys! It's been a long time coming and not always fun saving for an "emergency fund". We both enjoy shopping but now that extra funds are going towards the kitchen remodel, the wife is a little inclined to shop a little less. :angel:

Thanks guys! It's been a long time coming and not always fun saving for an "emergency fund". We both enjoy shopping but now that extra funds are going towards the kitchen remodel, the wife is a little inclined to shop a little less. :angel:

So that means you will be inclined to shop less for golf stuff ?

So that means you will be inclined to shop less for golf stuff ?

Just bargain shopping! Already bought one putter this morning and just made an offer on another. Got my bonus, I can spoil myself a little. Haha

I am very lucky though as I will be at 3 invitationals this year plus the outing and MC. Extremely fortunate to be able to do all of that.

Way to go Cookie! We are doing the Dave Ramsey plan right now, about a year into it, still aways to go, but making huge strides. Paying for mistakes we made as newlyweds. Best of luck going forward man!

I should have the RBZ Stage 2 FW today to begin testing! What a great treat for a Friday!

Way to go Cookie! We are doing the Dave Ramsey plan right now, about a year into it, still aways to go, but making huge strides. Paying for mistakes we made as newlyweds. Best of luck going forward man!

Thanks bud and you too!! It feels so darn good paying off all that crap and knowing you are setting yourself up for future success. WORTH the sacrifices 10000000%!

Thanks bud and you too!! It feels so darn good paying off all that crap and knowing you are setting yourself up for future success. WORTH the sacrifices 10000000%!

No doubt, the rate we are going, its going to take a few years, but keeping the big picture in mind helps stay motivated to stick with the plan

Nice work, Cookie!

Just bargain shopping! Already bought one putter this morning and just made an offer on another. Got my bonus, I can spoil myself a little. Haha

I am very lucky though as I will be at 3 invitationals this year plus the outing and MC. Extremely fortunate to be able to do all of that.

Yes you are entitled to spoil yourself a bit. I wish I was fortunate enough to be at 3 invitationals but it'll probably just be one.

Well, I have been loving life lately, I am in such a better place than I was a a year and a half ago, up to a month ago. I have a lady friend I have been talking to, and the best part is, she likes to golf!

Congrats Cookie! I just paid off my car and I know the feeling. It's tough but it's so great to have more money to blow on golf stuff I don't need :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back