Cleveland 588 TT Irons Preview Thread

Tough decisions to be made between these and the Altitudes.

Oh wait - combo set!! Brilliant idea I may add.

What about the MTs? I know you'd like a combo set but why the Altitudes instead of the MTs? They seem to be right in between the Altitudes and the TTs.

What about the MTs? I know you'd like a combo set but why the Altitudes instead of the MTs? They seem to be right in between the Altitudes and the TTs.

I've been gaming the 5 and 6 iron MT. Absolutely loved them. No fear with pulling a longer iron when gaming these.

I've been gaming the 5 and 6 iron MT. Absolutely loved them. No fear with pulling a longer iron when gaming these.

love having confidence with the longer irons.

Dead straight man I wasn't offline hardly at all, the dispersion was tight, these things are for real.
I can't imagine the distance I will see after finishing up my lessons, could be crazy
This is good to hear, it'll give some people some serious confidence

The more I hit these, the more I think they have everything I love in an iron.
This is saying a lot, i know how you feel about your current irons

Tough decisions to be made between these and the Altitudes.

Oh wait - combo set!! Brilliant idea I may add.
This is a good position to be in

love having confidence with the longer irons.

Agreed, once I go below 7 I get nervous, being able to rely on a 5&6 is huge....maybe even enough to warrant a 4

Are you considering that setup for the MC? Or would you go 4 or 5-PW (or whatever) TT? Maybe we should take this to another thread, but what are your thoughts/reasons for one over the other?

I was more referring to what JB was saying he was liking the most thus far.

For me, this is two fold:

1) find clubs that work well for me
2) represent Cleveland as much as possible

With that said, I want to have as many different aspects of the new line as possible in my bag. I think I can achieve that and have clubs that work very well for me incorporating: driver, FW, hybrids, ALT, MT, & TT

Like the idea of slightly lower trajectory in the 9, PW, & DW that the TT's can offer. I already hit the ball high enough typically in those clubs so not concerned with line drive screamers.

Sorry for getting a bit off topic with the MC stuff but hard not to when talking combo sets!

You guys have me salivating over these. I am really eager to give them a try and see how they stack up.

I got to take a few swings with the TT & MT 8i yesterday and they were both great.

I want to hit them more but at the moment I think the MT's are better for my game but I could very well end up in a combo set as well

Are you considering that setup for the MC? Or would you go 4 or 5-PW (or whatever) TT? Maybe we should take this to another thread, but what are your thoughts/reasons for one over the other?
Jconn, just now seeing this, sorry for the Chunkyresponse;

I need to spend some time with the 5/6 TT irons, but from playing the MT irons the past few weeks in the 5/6 slot, I am comfortable with them and they fit me well in the long iron spot. I would probably go with 5/6 MT, and 7-PW TT

I got to take a few swings with the TT & MT 8i yesterday and they were both great.

I want to hit them more but at the moment I think the MT's are better for my game but I could very well end up in a combo set as well

What sort of combo set are you pondering?

Jconn, just now seeing this, sorry for the Chunkyresponse;

I need to spend some time with the 5/6 TT irons, but from playing the MT irons the past few weeks in the 5/6 slot, I am comfortable with them and they fit me well in the long iron spot. I would probably go with 5/6 MT, and 7-PW TT

No worries at all man. That's pretty awesome that you've had that much success and that much experience with these clubs already. Gotta be a good feeling. I know you are typically a stock/standard guy, but will you be getting fit for these (shafts/lie/length/etc)? Sorry for all of the questions I'm just genuinely curious and am excited about MC options/choices.

No worries at all man. That's pretty awesome that you've had that much success and that much experience with these clubs already. Gotta be a good feeling. I know you are typically a stock/standard guy, but will you be getting fit for these (shafts/lie/length/etc)? Sorry for all of the questions I'm just genuinely curious and am excited about MC options/choices.
Yes, I plan on being fit for my irons this year. Like you said, I have long been a off the shelf golfer, but I cant wait to get custom fit for these bad boys.

I went and hit one of these today on the practice range before I started my round because of all the talk I've been hearing.

I must be missing something because I didn't really find anything about them very pleasing. Personal opinion of course but they just didn't feel that great. Something weird about the balance and feel. All I was seeing was a high flight that didn't seem to penatrate at all. Reminded me of my one short session with a set of K15's a while back.
Care to elaborate anymore? I am interested to hear your thoughts.

Right on man. I loved me some 5 hybrid action last year.

Yes, I plan on being fit for my irons this year. Like you said, I have long been a off the shelf golfer, but I cant wait to get custom fit for these bad boys.

These felt awesome off of the shelf, cant imagine once properly fit the damage that can be done

If I do a combo I'm looking at 6-8 MT and 9 pw DW in TT

Also considering a 4h and 5h and MTs the rest of the way down
I think you would like that setup, could be really solid for you D.

0/3 on stops to check out this line while traveling the last few days. I wanted to hit the MT and TT side by side, but no such luck. They had the 588 RTX CB, but nothing else from the 2013 line. Actually 2 places still had some Mashie hybrids and FL fairways still.

0/3 on stops to check out this line while traveling the last few days. I wanted to hit the MT and TT side by side, but no such luck. They had the 588 RTX CB, but nothing else from the 2013 line. Actually 2 places still had some Mashie hybrids and FL fairways still.

When you get back home, Miamisburg Golf Galaxy has them all

I think you would like that setup, could be really solid for you D.

There are going to be some cool bag set ups with everyones being different. I'm excited to see not only how us Cleveland guys go but everyone else as well.

With some changing around the past few days and trying different setups with the new 588 line, the TTs reminded me again on the course why they will be in my MC bag. WIll have a full writeup soon.

So, I was kind of surprised to read that these have a bit more offset than my i20's, wasn't expecting that. Not a lot, not a huge deal, but interesting to me.

So, I was kind of surprised to read that these have a bit more offset than my i20's, wasn't expecting that. Not a lot, not a huge deal, but interesting to me.

IIRC, even the Altitudes have less offset than these.

Back