Status
Not open for further replies.
Stay classy Josh Hamilton...stay classy:

http://espn.go.com/dallas/mlb/story...ays-dallas-forth-worth-not-true-baseball-town

Former Texas Rangers outfielder Josh Hamilton said the Dallas-Fort Worth area is not a true baseball town, in an interview with the DFW CBS television station on Sunday. "There are true baseball fans in Texas, but it's not a true baseball town," said Hamilton, who while with the Rangers was booed during the AL wild-card loss to Baltimore at the end of last season.

Hamilton, who signed a five-year $125 million deal with the Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim this offseason, said that Dallas has "always been a football town."
"They're supportive," Hamilton said about the fans, "but they also got a little spoiled at the same time pretty quickly."
Hamilton added: "You think about three to four years ago (before two straight World Series appearances in 2010 and 2011). It's like, come on man, are you happier there again?"

Rangers manager Ron Washington didn't want to say too much about Hamilton's comments.

"I'm not answering anything that Josh said," Washington said. "That's Josh. Josh is an Angel. That's Josh's opinion. My opinion is there were 3.5 million fans that came through the turnstiles. That answers it right there."

Go Red Sox!

In all fairness to Hamilton DFW is not at all a baseball town. They can get butts in the seats when they are good.. But most Ranger "fans" didnt think about seeing a game 6-7 years ago

TapaTalk from the iPhone

In all fairness to Hamilton DFW is not at all a baseball town. They can get butts in the seats when they are good.. But most Ranger "fans" didnt think about seeing a game 6-7 years ago

TapaTalk from the iPhone

Nothing I hate more than an athlete that the fans loved and cheered for and spent money to go see, taking parting shots after leaving. Just shut up. Say, 'I enjoyed my time with the Rangers" and be done with it. Or just shut up.

Nothing I hate more than an athlete that the fans loved and cheered for and spent money to go see, taking parting shots after leaving. Just shut up. Say, 'I enjoyed my time with the Rangers" and be done with it. Or just shut up.

I agree. He moved on, why does he still feel the need to pile on?

I normally would completely agree, but the fans there were pretty terrible when he was on his way out. Still not a good move on his part, but I understand where he is coming from.

I normally would completely agree, but the fans there were pretty terrible when he was on his way out. Still not a good move on his part, but I understand where he is coming from.

He had his demons and the fans there supported him through it all. I guess the old adage, if you have nothing nice to say, don't say anything at all doesn't apply for professional athletes.

Indians season opener sold out in 6 minutes....crazy

Indians season opener sold out in 6 minutes....crazy

Give it 20 games before they start not showing up. People really think Swisher is going to make a difference? He is mediocre at best when he doesnt have guys like Cano, Texeira etc protecting him.

That's pretty wild. It definitely is a Wild thing.

yeah, im sure half will be on ebay or are already on there

plus it doesnt hurt its against the Yankees

He had his demons and the fans there supported him through it all. I guess the old adage, if you have nothing nice to say, don't say anything at all doesn't apply for professional athletes.

Or to fans. Josh gave a pretty fantastic performance and faded at the end of last year. The boos and criticism he heard were pretty severe as the team foundered.

Got me my new Angels hat for the year and tickets to the April 20th game against Detroit, can't wait!!

Apparently Justin Upton hit a freaking bomb in the Spring Training game today.

Quite the inning it was in too!

Heyward went yard. J Upton went yard. BJ Upton hit a double, stole second, then stole home on a wild pitch.

I want to see more of this!!

Apparently Justin Upton hit a freaking bomb in the Spring Training game today.

Quite the inning it was in too!

Heyward went yard. J Upton went yard. BJ Upton hit a double, stole second, then stole home on a wild pitch.

I want to see more of this!!

That outfield has a lot of potential to be incredibly dangerous this season. I bet we see more innings like that from the Braves.

That outfield has a lot of potential to be incredibly dangerous this season. I bet we see more innings like that from the Braves.
I hope so, dude. It will be nice to get some production out of the Outfield for a change. It's been a while since we have had an outfield that was worth a crap at the plate.

I hope so, dude. It will be nice to get some production out of the Outfield for a change. It's been a while since we have had an outfield that was worth a crap at the plate.

Yeah and that's fixing to change this year. The Braves will be good. I think they'll win the division personally. Either that or the Mets will come out of nowhere to steal it.

I even I couldn't say that without laughing.

Yeah and that's fixing to change this year. The Braves will be good. I think they'll win the division personally. Either that or the Mets will come out of nowhere to steal it.

I even I couldn't say that without laughing.
Haha, dude... The Mets, man... I enjoy that rivalry so I wish they werent so crappy. Nationals are freaking loaded though.

One word. #windians

Oh man. Indians play the Braves this year. 8/27, 8/28, 8/29. In ATL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back