2013 THP Invitational Series #1 - Texas - Sponsored By Callaway Golf

All I know is, the course doesn't have 2 feet of snow on it. It's a winner in my book! BRING ON DALLAS!

I've played one round this year with dormant grass and 30° temps, I guess I can handle dormant grass and temps in the 70s.

That course is gonna drive a few people crazy if the wind starts blowing again. Especially hole 8. Have fun with that if the wind's into and the pin is on the right.

Water on 18 is about 215 to carry. As long as it's not into the wind you shouldn't have issues carrying it. There's always the second fairway as a bailout as well.

That course is gonna drive a few people crazy if the wind starts blowing again. Especially hole 8. Have fun with that if the wind's into and the pin is on the right.

Water on 18 is about 215 to carry. As long as it's not into the wind you shouldn't have issues carrying it. There's always the second fairway as a bailout as well.

If the wind is blowing like it was yesterday, they have to watch out for the bunker in the middle as well. Remember mine and seths bombs? The safe play like you said is the left fairway.

I'm curious, is it a trade secret how the pairings are determined for these or has it been said somewhere?

PM sent. Ready to get this started.

If the wind is blowing like it was yesterday, they have to watch out for the bunker in the middle as well. Remember mine and seths bombs? The safe play like you said is the left fairway.
I challenged it as well..........I lost.

People are going to enjoy this course, I really do think they will. If we see just a "normal" windiness, it'll be a lot of fun.

All I know is that me and my partner are getting that trophy and title.

I'm curious, is it a trade secret how the pairings are determined for these or has it been said somewhere?

By handicap like the other invitationals

Or roll it right of that bunker. Whoever designed that course isn't a nice person.

I can't wait to hear the scores roll in from this one

Or roll it right of that bunker. Whoever designed that course isn't a nice person.

I can't wait to hear the scores roll in from this one

I tried, but once that ball got above the tree line, the wind got a hold of it and carried it to the bunker.

All I know is that me and my partner are getting that trophy and title.

That makes sense. GG already PM'ed me asking for my permission to name the invitational trophy after me. We already dominated, game over. Good work Partn'r.

By handicap like the other invitationals

Not necessarily as it is not required to have a handicap or to give a score estimate for the event. I am sure they have an idea of people's ability, but it appears it is more of guessing game for them than that, Partn'r.

Here is the course's description of the treacherous 8th hole that was playing dead into a 25-30 MPH wind yesterday. Par is a great score on this hole, bogey was a great score yesterday and I guarantee you that we will see multiple players with triple or worse during the Invitational. Requires 3 well executed shots for a legit look at par.

-------

Hole #8. The demanding par-five 575-yard Hole #8 plays into the prevailing wind. A creek, which crosses the middle of the fairway, generally can't be reached on the downhill tee shot without a north wind. The creek also meanders down the left side of the uphill second shot, while trees, native grasses and the driving range are on the right.

Since the landing area gets smaller, players will want to get as close as possible to the uphill green for their approach shots. A steep bank which drops into a pond guards the front of the green, while a cluster of trees and native grasses is on the right.

The severe slopes behind the green, reminiscent of the "punch bowl style" of early American designers, may allow the ball to roll back onto the putting surface. Reaching the putting surface of the challenging par-five eighth hole is only half of the battle – two large berms divide the slick green into three sections.

The green is divided into three sections by two large berms. Land in the wrong section and you'll face a tough roller-coaster putt - and be glad to three-putt.

Responded to GG's e-mail now just waiting to see who the poor SOB is who gets stuck with me as their partner

Here is the course's description of the treacherous 8th hole that was playing dead into a 25-30 MPH wind yesterday. Par is a great score on this hole, bogey was a great score yesterday and I guarantee you that we will see multiple players with triple or worse during the Invitational. Requires 3 well executed shots for a legit look at par.

-------

Hole #8. The demanding par-five 575-yard Hole #8 plays into the prevailing wind. A creek, which crosses the middle of the fairway, generally can't be reached on the downhill tee shot without a north wind. The creek also meanders down the left side of the uphill second shot, while trees, native grasses and the driving range are on the right.

Since the landing area gets smaller, players will want to get as close as possible to the uphill green for their approach shots. A steep bank which drops into a pond guards the front of the green, while a cluster of trees and native grasses is on the right.

The severe slopes behind the green, reminiscent of the "punch bowl style" of early American designers, may allow the ball to roll back onto the putting surface. Reaching the putting surface of the challenging par-five eighth hole is only half of the battle – two large berms divide the slick green into three sections.

The green is divided into three sections by two large berms. Land in the wrong section and you'll face a tough roller-coaster putt - and be glad to three-putt.

When we played 8 back in December, it wasn't even windy, and that was a beast of a hole. I think that hole could be the difference between a win and not for someone. It could really be a big time blowup hole

If this course has water I will find it off the tee. Make sure my handicap is adjusted accordingly, +10 to my existing. :beat-up:

If this course has water I will find it off the tee. Make sure my handicap is adjusted accordingly, +10 to my existing. :beat-up:

Only 7 holes with visible water on the side or to cross over....less than half, ha!

You're leaving Sunday right?

Let's drink Dallas out of beer Saturday night.

Yep, Sunday at 5AM or so, our flight leaves at 6:30 IIRC.

I'm down. There has to be SOME shenanigans that goes on, right?

I can see it now, Jake knocking on the Motel6 room door, "No I swear Dr. Miles, I'll take GOOD care of him"...

Heaven help us all. We are to be unleashed on Dallas.

So freaking excited to get to play in this and see everyone. Nothing like playing golf with THP'ers, then you turn it up with the Cally boys? Insanity.

Hmm, I was looking forward to meeting the two of you in Lost Wages in September. Sounds like you might not be out of jail by then. :alien:

I am looking forward to hearing how the first invitational of 2013 turns out. I believe that Kobey had a great idea when he suggested that participants keep us updated via tapatalk.

9 days from now at this very time I will be passing through airport security on my way to the terminal for my flight to Dallas

Have another round scheduled for Friday afternoon then probably some range time this weekend for the final nail in everyone's coffin come the following week! That is except for my lucky partners of course..............

Bring on TEAM CALLAWAY HQ!!!

Have another round scheduled for Friday afternoon then probably some range time this weekend for the final nail in everyone's coffin come the following week! That is except for my lucky partners of course..............

Bring on TEAM CALLAWAY HQ!!!

Every time for the last couple of weeks the snow melts off we get hit with another round of it. Scheduled a tee time for Sunday and just heard on the news that we're going to get another 8-12" of snow

We received another light dusting of snow last night. ARGH! Dallas can't get here soon enough!

Every time for the last couple of weeks the snow melts off we get hit with another round of it. Scheduled a tee time for Sunday and just heard on the news that we're going to get another 8-12" of snow

I.........do not have that problem. Just sayin.... :)

Back