Hello from Kansas!

Agent Jay

Grandaddy Alumni
Reaction score
Handicap
Hey guys (and gals)! How's it going? Just thought I'd jump on here and introduce myself. You see my handle...that's me!
Vaughn, James Vaughn :hello: :rockon:

Well I'm not sure what all I should or want to put on here...so I'll go basic and generic. Once you get to know me better, I'll open up some more. Best to leave them guessing, is what I hear.

So I/m married, have to little girls (5 and 3). I live in the middle of Kansas where there is not really awesome course around....other than some course you may have heard of in Hutchinson called "Prairie Dunes". To answer your next question...no I haven't played it yet, but I'm working on it. I'd have to go almost to Wichita to hit a "good" course that's not a 9 hole track OR less than 6600 yards from the tips for 18. Soooooo there is that.

I grew up across the street from my local 9 hole track. Played varsity golf for 3 our ot 4 years in high school. Played two years in college, then transfered to KSU where I didn't make the walk on tryouts. Not for lack of trying though...Colbert Hills is a tough course from the tips. Shot a two day total 150, but that wasn't good enough.

After K-State I was an Asst Pro at a near by local muni course for just about 2 years. Then they cut the budget, and my position...so life moves on. While I was there (not married yet) I was carrying a 1.3 handicap. Since then, I haven't played enough to carry a handicap, but I'd guess that I'm more of a 4 or 5 now. I have my days and my shots, but very little time for practice on or around the green and range. I guess that's what happens when you want to see your kids grow up and you work usually 6 days a week....and your wife sort of ******* when you want to play on Sunday. (Don't tell her I said that!)

Anyway...I look foward to getting to know you all. I hope that I can offer my take on somethings, and learn some stuff from you all too.

See you on the threads!

James

Welcome to the forum James, nice intro!

:wavey: :welcome:

Welcome and enjoy!

Welcome to THP, James!

Welcome to the THP! Best site around to talk some golf or anything else that strikes your interest.

Welcome James, Now she can complain your on here :bicker:

Welcome to THP glad you joined

Welcome to the site!

Welcome to THP

Welcome to THP.

~Joseph~
via Tapatalk

Welcome to thp

Welcome James! Love the name as it's mine as well. You'll love here at THP. Enjoy your stay!

Welcome to THP!

Nice intro, James. Welcome and happy THPeeing.

:welcome: nice intro James.

Welcome.

Welcome to THP!

Welcome aboard. Glad to have you

Welcome!

welcome to THP glad to see you're on #teamcallaway

Welcome to THP........Mr. Vaughn.

Back