New Game Golf system

I couldn't resist. In for this. Looking forward to some sort of THP group. Will definitely put my thoughts down in here about it. GMac likes it? It has to be awesome!

LOL! Nice Chunky! We will be great testers for this thing and put it through the ringer. I really am hoping it is good selfishly.

I thought the same thing about GMac when I saw the video. My man crush for him has grown over this last year and if he said it's good then gosh darn it, it has to be!

Lets do this Nate! I love gadgets and this looks freaking awesome. Possible MC practice round broadcast online via Game Golf? Could be cool

This looks awesome! Hope it's as good as advertised.

This IS the next big tracking opportunity...RFID makes it so easy. Wish I could have jumped in on this! Sent them an email hoping to gain access to this.

EDIT: Thanks Eric, wasn't looking at the investment option's. Could have saved $20 if I had been paying attention.

Last edited:
I'm highly interested in the product. There are just so many options to choose from.

Sorry for the delay in responding. We have been bombarded with questions about GAME GOLF since launching yesterday. The basic subscription after the first 12 months will be free. The premium subscription will be $50 per year

Looks interesting - will be very keen to hear others feedback on this once it's fully launched!

GAME GOLF here again. We include 18 club tags with the device. They are labeled for the most common clubs in your bag but they are also completely flexible. You can out them in any club and then set up the club in the software to ensure that the shot data is associated with the right club. Ease of use with max flexibility is our goal.
All tracking, viewing of your game and statistics will be available in the free subscription.

GAME GOLF team here. Its great to see the discussion about the product. For ease of use and broad acceptance we really believe that on-course selection in an app doesn't work. The "tap and go" interaction is so easy and becomes second nature in your game. Our goal is for the product to stay out of the way when you play but record the game. There are options to deal with all of those scenarios in review after the round. Data upload is via mobile phone or USB to laptop.

I couldn't resist. In for this. Looking forward to some sort of THP group. Will definitely put my thoughts down in here about it. GMac likes it? It has to be awesome!

Im looking forward to your thoughts. I have my own at the moment that I will keep to myself until proper testing is done (THP does not have a device). I am not a fan of subscribe for premium subs though as you know. If that is the case, subsidize the cost of the unit like cell phones do.

Lets do this Nate! I love gadgets and this looks freaking awesome. Possible MC practice round broadcast online via Game Golf? Could be cool

I thought you might jump on this. I think the social part of it could be huge.

Im looking forward to your thoughts. I have my own at the moment that I will keep to myself until proper testing is done (THP does not have a device). I am not a fan of subscribe for premium subs though as you know. If that is the case, subsidize the cost of the unit like cell phones do.

I know you are not. And quite honestly I am becoming less of a fan. Not to bring another company into this thread but you warned me to shop around prior to hopping on a certain GPS OEM. I didn't listen and now I feel like I was sold a bill of goods. The difference in this instance however is the social aspect. I don't have a ton of dudes in my immediate area that I can get out and play a round with. I love to play and trash talk a little and just have fun. This SEEMS like it can bring some form of that with a group of guys that are not in my area. We shall see. I'm a sucker for these contraptions. Plus I like to see my round unfold the way I see this showing it. Looks like a blast.

I thought you might jump on this. I think the social part of it could be huge.

I think so as well. I think a THP group can be a ton of fun. We shall see. I love gadgets man. I could go to the range and have 6 or 7 things strapped to me at any given point lol

I know you are not. And quite honestly I am becoming less of a fan. Not to bring another company into this thread but you warned me to shop around prior to hopping on a certain GPS OEM. I didn't listen and now I feel like I was sold a bill of goods. The difference in this instance however is the social aspect. I don't have a ton of dudes in my immediate area that I can get out and play a round with. I love to play and trash talk a little and just have fun. This SEEMS like it can bring some form of that with a group of guys that are not in my area. We shall see. I'm a sucker for these contraptions. Plus I like to see my round unfold the way I see this showing it. Looks like a blast.

I like your reasoning and think similarly. If it works as we see today, I will definitely have one for both the social aspect and stats features, etc.

We shall see though...,,

I think time will tell on the social aspect, because you need users and subscribers to fulfill that. They have players behind it in some form which will help, but I still stand by my thoughts on yearly fees. I dont have a problem paying them, if it subsidizes the cost of the unit, but dont sell me the unit and the fees with no discount when other devices out there do similar things (generalization).

Really looking to your thoughts buddy.

Looks cool, I want to try it

This seems really interesting. I can't wait to hear what Chunky thinks. Maybe we could make it a team thing... Test it out that way. Hmm... That's an idea.

This seems really interesting. I can't wait to hear what Chunky thinks. Maybe we could make it a team thing... Test it out that way. Hmm... That's an idea.

I like where this is headed BF. Just don't think that I'm going from a towel as my gift to you dudes to this lol

Tis looks pretty awesome. I'm on the fence as to buy it or not. Probably going to wait for a few reviews first. Keeping stats is something I do early in the year but by the 3rd or 4th round I forget and never do it again.

i really thought about jumping on board on this but i had a paid subscription for a GPS and stopped paying and using the device.... i'm interested to see whats included in the basic package thats free.... if thats enough for my needs and i like the reviews i'd def snag one even for the higher price. it does look cool though.

What makes me leery of the whole thing is that it looks to me like they are asking for "investors" since all of this money they are raising is to get it into production. They don't even have the product they are selling yet.

But you all who are jumping on this are not true investors since you won't be seeing any profit from this. Maybe this is the new way of doing things, but I have never heard of buying before there is even a product. We have had pre-orders from THP that in my opinion is completely different than this, since we don't know anything about these people.

Usually all of the excitement about a product happens AFTER THP gets the product and publishes a review on it. The whole thread and everything by GAMEGOLF seems like a sales pitch to me, which is different than what I am used to seeing here.

Just my thoughts.

What makes me leery of the whole thing is that it looks to me like they are asking for "investors" since all of this money they are raising is to get it into production. They don't even have the product they are selling yet.

But you all who are jumping on this are not true investors since you won't be seeing any profit from this. Maybe this is the new way of doing things, but I have never heard of buying before there is even a product. We have had pre-orders from THP that in my opinion is completely different than this, since we don't know anything about these people.

Usually all of the excitement about a product happens AFTER THP gets the product and publishes a review on it. The whole thread and everything by GAMEGOLF seems like a sales pitch to me, which is different than what I am used to seeing here.

Just my thoughts.

I have to agree, I think having something not in production and trying to raise money to make it happen inevitably leads to some sort of delay too.

This is the new Kickstarter model. Have an idea and throw it out there for funding. Bit of a risk but I at the very least see a video with a seeming working model with some pretty big names hawking it. What can go wrong lol?

Just my thoughts.
That crossed my mind too smalls. The buyers would also be acting as beta testers. As it sounded like they really wanted user feedback.

The crowdfunding model is fairly sound, having invested in a number of tech projects there is a cool feeling helping fund a great project and being the first to use it. The risks are generally minimal. I am sure guys like Graeme and Lee wouldn't toss their names behind it unless they believed in it as well. If it was Daly hawking this, I would be skeptical.

Back