2013 Morgan Cup - The Ultimate Amateur Golf Event

Status
Not open for further replies.
To be honest, I'm not trying to add anything. If I try to get cute in certain situations, things go downhill quick. I just want solid contact and straight, flush shots.

To be honest, I'm not trying to add anything. If I try to get cute in certain situations, things go downhill quick. I just want solid contact and straight, flush shots.
Same here, I guess I focus on good clean contact, but that's about it, when my creativity gets the best of me I can't perform!!!

And this is why I don't score better hhahhaah. I always think I can pull something off.

Chunky, the only dude I know that hits a beautiful draw, but wants to play a fade.

Freddie that would be an awesome thread for the entire forum IMO. I'm trying to add a fade to my shot selection

that was the match changer too. And for the love of golf please stop trying to hit a fade.

Chunky, the only dude I know that hits a beautiful draw, but wants to play a fade.

he's crazy. Remember we interviewed him about why he wants a fade in the middle of the round? After he pounded a perfect draw down the middle.

sheepishly raising hand over here as well....

he's crazy. Remember we interviewed him about why he wants a fade in the middle of the round? After he pounded a perfect draw down the middle.
That's the exact instance I was referring too.

your right, I will not. A fade over a draw. You guys are nutso!

They will never understand Ary

I love this about you. You hear it from everybody including two tour players on why this change is not right for you at this time and you push forward. I hope it does not bury you in the process, but you are like the little engine that could. Despite going in 20 different directions, back to square one and this swing that you want to emulate. Tiger diehards sure are funny. :D

I wish I could hit a draw but that will never happen - at least not off the tee...

I love this about you. You hear it from everybody including two tour players on why this change is not right for you at this time and you push forward. I hope it does not bury you in the process, but you are like the little engine that could. Despite going in 20 different directions, back to square one and this swing that you want to emulate. Tiger diehards sure are funny. :D
I have played with this little fella MANY times. Ealry into my meeting him and playing with him, he played a lovely draw. I think it was you I told. Its frustrating to play with him because he just hits this beautiful draw into the fairway EVERYTIME! Then he wants to make a change

I have played with this little fella MANY times. Ealry into my meeting him and playing with him, he played a lovely draw. I think it was you I told. Its frustrating to play with him because he just hits this beautiful draw into the fairway EVERYTIME! Then he wants to make a change

#truth

I can relate chunky, I can play both shots and always migrate back to the fade.

I'm not trying to add.any new shots. I would like to start hitting theed ball higher on chips.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2

Maybe it's cause "you can talk to a fade, but a hook won't listen".

Tons of good questions on here today!

I will take as much time as Callaway gives me with the equipment be that 3 months or 3 days. I will adapt!

Not really adding a new shot Freddie, just trying to make everything just a little better, esp. the short game.

Not trying to add new shots either. Gonna work alot on iron play and chipping and putting. Driver is solid. I think I would need the most time with the putter. But I don't think that will be an issue since we are already ordering them.

I will be working on adding a lower trajectory shot, but other than that I just plan on working on my putting. I have been happy with where my game is and just plan on continuing to make sure no bad habits creep into my swing. I will be doing this by taking a couple lessons a month just work on any areas I might have questions about at the time. This worked great for me last year and I played the most consistent golf of my life. I finally swallowed my pride and realized I couldn't fix everything myself when I started having a few bad rounds.

I will be working on adding a lower trajectory shot, but other than that I just plan on working on my putting. I have been happy with where my game is and just plan on continuing to make sure no bad habits creep into my swing. I will be doing this by taking a couple lessons a month just work on any areas I might have questions about at the time. This worked great for me last year and I played the most consistent golf of my life. I finally swallowed my pride and realized I couldn't fix everything myself when I started having a few bad rounds.

I have this problem right there. I'm trying to talk myself into a few lessons. But I'm so affraid they will want to change everything about my game and that's scary!

A question or food for thought to all the staffers. With the equipment pondering becoming less and the equipment choices starting to take form. What is your expectations for getting comfortable with the new bags? How many rounds or how much time do you feel it will take to get it all dialed in?

Great question!

I expect to get solid with my bag quite fast, maybe the putter will need some time since it's a bit different from my current putter. With the irons I believe I will get my groove on fast. The driver could need a round or two to get familiar with, I suppose it could come down to the shaft...When the whole set is in the bag, I'd say 5 rounds and I'm dialed in.

Those of you that are higher handicappers (nearer the 18 cap), what if anything are you planning on changing before the MC to help get a little lower as far as course management, short game control, putting or anything else? This is something I'm planning on working on this year so I'd like to see what strategies others have and how they work for them. If some details are top secret, you can put them in a spoiler and tell the other teams not to look.

I'm not that close to a 18 handicap, but I intend to putt all my effort to my short game control and putting. I can miss all the fairways and still be on the green for par or a birdie, butt if I can't make it on or near the green it's been all for nothing.

4.5 months away from the greatest amateur event on the planet. I don't know about you guys but I am pumped!!!

Is anyone trying to add a new shot to their game? Or is everyone just fine tuning their current dance partner?

I really want to add a kind of flat 50 yard shot that has a ton of spin. Not really a chunk and run but a controlled shot that is more than a pitch but less than a full shot that stops pretty quick. I can do it on occasion and when I can its deadly. I really focus on hitting super down on the ball, almost trying to bury it in the ground. It looks weird but amazingly effective when I do it right.

Same as WCBM! Also the whole 50-80 yards range is a though one for me, need to shape up my game in that area.

Oh..Freddie, I'm totally pumped!!

Those of you that are higher handicappers (nearer the 18 cap), what if anything are you planning on changing before the MC to help get a little lower as far as course management, short game control, putting or anything else? This is something I'm planning on working on this year so I'd like to see what strategies others have and how they work for them. If some details are top secret, you can put them in a spoiler and tell the other teams not to look.

Short game, short game, and more short game.

I've heard more than one pro say if you played tee-to-100-yards with Tiger and then Tiger played 100-yards-in, you would break 80. If Tiger played from tee-to-100 yards and then you played from 100-in, chances are you wouldn't come close to breaking 80. While a somewhat silly example, I think there's a lot of truth to it.

I'm going to spend 80% of my time on short game.

good questions in here today i was out getting my game in shape for texas... really looking forward to hitting some of my sponsors clubs down there.... i dunno how long its gonna take me to get comfortable with my clubs. i know i will put in all the time thats needed to be comfortable with all of my clubs in myrtle and under pressure. i practice and play enough that as long as i get my clubs within a month of July i should have plenty of time to be comfortable with everything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back