2013 THP Invitational Series #1 - Texas - Sponsored By Callaway Golf

I'm going Colt Knost. He is in the Tampa field but I guess we shall see.

I hope Harry wouldn't recruit somebody and have to count on them missing a cut to attend.

Hey Jeff, I changed my mind. I don't wanna go to Texas on Friday.

I WANNA GO NOW!!

Of course he would have a contingency plan...........like I said, it's just a thought.

I'm thinking local player on the Web.com tour. They don't have an event this week. But, the one local kid I was thinking of, JJ Killeen, is not listed. He may have changed clubs this year.

Mark Brooks is local. But, he in the Field for the Toshiba.

The below are not playing in the Tampa Bay
Colsaerts
Els
Gates (Texas kid, A&M Grad)
Mickelson (he does crazy stuff...like show up on golf courses while the camera is rolling)
Gonzales
Jacbosen
Kirk
Watkins

I'm thinking local player on the Web.com tour. They don't have an event this week. But, the one local kid I was thinking of, JJ Killeen, is not listed. He may have changed clubs this year.

Colsaerts
Els
Mickelson (he does crazy stuff...like show up on golf courses while the camera is rolling)
Gonzales
Jacbosen
Kirk
Watkins
Now there is a ponder list!!!! Either way, for them to go this long on not telling us who #4 is has just got to have people thinking BIG.

I am thinking a big name as well. Former or current tour player of some sort.

on my way out the door to meet ducmike for lunch, try not to blow up the thread while I'm gone

Colsaerts
Els
Gonzales
Jacbosen
Kirk
Watkins
Wow that's quite the list dude. How cool would it be if any ​of those people showed up?!

Think I'll be putting my :bomb: patches on the ole Callaway bag tonight for good measure. Want those Cally guys to know we mean business!

Think I'll be putting my :bomb: patches on the ole Callaway bag tonight for good measure. Want those Cally guys to know we mean business!

I need me some bomb patches

i dunno if thats gonna do it they prob have about 15 on their bags already not earned but did you see the pics from Harrys desk with like 198 bomb patches on it. i'm wouldn't be surprised if they showed up with XBOMB Patch pattern pants.

Colsaerts
Els
Gonzales
Jacbosen
Kirk
Watkins

Straight from Watkins' PGA page. Gotta love the Tucker Max reference.

"Favorite book is I Hope They Serve Beer in Hell."

i dunno if thats gonna do it they prob have about 15 on their bags already not earned but did you see the pics from Harrys desk with like 198 bomb patches on it. i'm wouldn't be surprised if they showed up with XBOMB Patch pattern pants.

I'd rock those!

Wow that's quite the list dude. How cool would it be if any ​of those people showed up?!

Extremely cool. I am going into it with no expectations, just a possibility. Was talking to the course this morning and told them we "may" have a pro staffer from Callaway show up.

All this talk about how crazy Harry is about XBombs made me think of this:

[video=youtube;lwrZHu-d-vY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lwrZHu-d-vY[/video]

Love coming in here and seeing more surprises. Wonder if a big name shows up since we won't know the 4th Callaway guy.

I am thinking this as well...they have been quiet about it for too long for it to be another #zoocrew member

I doubt it will be a big name Tour Player. That would be too hard to pull off at a public course. You never know who is going to show up once word gets out. Could turn into a circus.

How are final scores going to be determined?

If I had to guess, I would imagine that teams were put together with an average team handicap in mind. That could involve pairing a high handicap with a low handicap or two average handicaps. On course results will vary greatly especially where high handicaps are concerned. Will teams be getting a portion of their handicap deducted from final scores or something?

How are final scores going to be determined?

If I had to guess, I would imagine that teams were put together with an average team handicap in mind. That could involve pairing a high handicap with a low handicap or two average handicaps. On course results will vary greatly especially where high handicaps are concerned. Will teams be getting a portion of their handicap deducted from final scores or something?

I dont believe that has been the case in events past. I think it is the addition of the two players scores is the team score. Lowest one wins

I dont believe that has been the case in events past. I think it is the addition of the two players scores is the team score. Lowest one wins

this is how it was in Myrtle... just combined score.... i also think its possible for a pro to come out for a round of golf especially if they keep it quiet till the day of.

Back