Recap - 2013 THP Texas Invitational by Callaway Golf

Last of my pictures...these are from Saturday's event:

Was up before sunrise and on the road to get TexasHacker and head down to the course!
001-2_zps02cf8da3.jpg

The Callaway crew was there and was ready to go! Harry, Chad, Matt and ScottyG
009-3_zps34231836.jpg

Half of Team Callaway for the 2013 Morgan Cup!
016-2_zpsbdfe97ab.jpg

Guys gathering around to watch the 1st group tee off! bhilton was 1st to go and he piped it right down the middle!! Nice!
017-1_zps6d2699ec.jpg

THP'ers JeffReid, Jesse and Buck
014-1_zps62a75ddd.jpg

Cookie eyeing his 2nd shot on the 2nd hole...it was a good one!
020-1_zpsb3a08bf9.jpg

JB, Morgan and Freddie waiting at the 1st hole
012-3_zpsac0d4e8f.jpg

The Callaway Goodies for the day
002-4_zpse16762ec.jpg

Rob, well, Rob was a bunker or 2, a water hazard or 2 and a putt or 2 from really shooting a good score that day! :D I'm gonna remember some funny sayings that Rob had on the course that day which cracked me up. Rob is one cool CA dude!

Nailed it Nate. 2, 2 and 2 as I left a good six shots out there that would have had me under 80. It was tough trying to keep up with you shooting the lights out.

It was awesome playing with you guys and its nice to be back in California where the grass REALLY IS greener!

Dang, looks like you guys had an awesome time! Gets me very pumped to make my first THP outing in September.

Great write up and great photos. Looks like everybody had a great time, and how cool of Callaway to make the trip!

Congrats to the winner and much love to Callaway. I really enjoyed reading this thread this evening and am excited to read about future Invitationals, friends from around the country connecting and the continuing evolution of the best site on the internet: THP.

On a red eye to Orlando right now and just having time to catch up on the thread. First of all, I (we) cannot thank JB and GolferEffinGal enough for giving us the opportunity to sponsor an event like this. It was truly one of a kind and Callaway is very honored to have been a part of it.

Nate, Cookie, Freddie, and everyone else who was there (and even those who weren't) - thanks for making us feel so welcome. You are all what make up this great community and that's why it's among the very best in the entire world. I'm sure JB and Gal are appreciative of that and so are we. The fact that after a 6.5 hour round, almost everyone still stayed around and came to watch us finish the last three holes was pretty special.

If you weren't there, be expecting to hear some stuff from the guys who were in the next few days. Everyone got to play a new golf ball that we are announcing soon and from what we could gather, the general consensus was incredibly positive.

Cheers to starting off the year on a good note. Zoo Crew now has bragging rights until December! Better set up a practice net in that basement, boys. Or the #Grandaddy is gonna eat you alive!

On a red eye to Orlando right now and just having time to catch up on the thread. First of all, I (we) cannot thank JB and GolferEffinGal enough for giving us the opportunity to sponsor an event like this. It was truly one of a kind and Callaway is very honored to have been a part of it.

Nate, Cookie, Freddie, and everyone else who was there (and even those who weren't) - thanks for making us feel so welcome. You are all what make up this great community and that's why it's among the very best in the entire world. I'm sure JB and Gal are appreciative of that and so are we. The fact that after a 6.5 hour round, almost everyone still stayed around and came to watch us finish the last three holes was pretty special.

If you weren't there, be expecting to hear some stuff from the guys who were in the next few days. Everyone got to play a new golf ball that we are announcing soon and from what we could gather, the general consensus was incredibly positive.

Cheers to starting off the year on a good note. Zoo Crew now has bragging rights until December! Better set up a practice net in that basement, boys. Or the #Grandaddy is gonna eat you alive!

Thanks for the recap Chad, and thank you for being humble about the win :alien:

Really looking forward to hearing some of the feedback on this mystery ball!

Some great recaps. Sounds like a grand time was had by all.

Looking forward to hearing about this new golf ball.

Be sure to post a pic of Miss Elizabeth in your cubicle.

You guys were great. Thanks for coming.

Awesome recaps and can't wait to give the new Cally ball a ride!

Awesome job guys and congrats to the new H.O.F. members. Hope I get there someday. Can,t wait for connecticutt

Looks like everyone had a real crack. Would so dearly love to be able to come across and participate in one of these at some point.

Thanks for all the support and joining us, I know it meant a lot for all us hackers to have the industry leaders take the time to meet and hang out with us.
As far as your bragging rights are concerned, we were simply lulling the Zoo Crew into a false sense of security. I can see the stunned looks in Decemeber when THP turns in their cards, you boys won't know what hit you. Don't knock the hustle.

One day Mav, one day!

I posted this in the invitational thread but I think it bears repeating:

Many thanks to J B and Morgan for setting this up, thanks to Callaway for sponsoring the event, thanks to #zoocrew for the lesson in humility and to Cookie and Nate for all their hard work. Finally thanks to all the guys I was paired with this weekend for some truly great times

I always love reading the recap threads because they are continuous proof of what we all know: if you put THP members together, a great time will be had by all.

Very curious about this new ball and whatever else you guys saw and heard this weekend. Saw Harry hinting a bit on Twitter too.

Gonna have to wait a few more days to hear about it, Hashtag and Harry made us pinkie swear not to let the cat out of the bag too soon

Gonna have to wait a few more days to hear about it, Hashtag and Harry made us pinkie swear not to let the cat out of the bag too soon

It's probably a reduced distance ball they're going to make team THP play in december.

Very curious about this new ball and whatever else you guys saw and heard this weekend. Saw Harry hinting a bit on Twitter too.

There's probably more than a couple scattered across two Texas courses. I hope people are finding them today and going, "WTF?!? What is this?"

We really do appreciate all you guys coming out Chad, it's pretty special that Callaway braintrust took the weekend before you head to Bay Hill to hang out with a bunch of internet golfers in Dallas...we all appreciate it more than you could know!

Better hide Miss Elizabeth from Harry or she is liable to come up missing....hehe

There's probably more than a couple scattered across two Texas courses. I hope people are finding them today and going, "WTF?!? What is this?"

I would guess there are a few dozen in the woods at Tangle Ridge....and that's just from me and Sharkhat :alien:

HEY FELLAS!

Don't have a ton of time but would like to throw some thoughts out there.

First of all, this event wouldn't have been around if it wasn't for Josh and Morgan, wouldn't have been so flawless if it was for Nookie, and wouldn't have been kickass if it wasn't for Callaway and the boys. Huge thanks to these people and I can't say it enough. Thanks... Thanks!

Jake is the man for driving my cheap ass down and back, even though I had to pay him back. There were so many people I got to hang out with and get to know that it truly felt like a bunch of dude that knew eachother forever. Great stuff and glad to be a part of that. I am also a legit navigator, in case anyone was wondering.

Friday I had the opportunity to play with TBT, Hotled, and Wes Tex (supposed to the TexasHacker but he got scared and Wes Tex was better company anyway.. BOOM! TASED. Kidding, wish you would have made it Friday TH.) These 3 were a blast to play with and we were able to get a good feel for the course (and I got a good feel for sun, hadn't seen it for 6 months :D). Dinner later on was a good time and of course the HOTEL 6 was kickin Friday night. Great dudes I hope to tee it up again with in the future.

The event Saturday was epic. Callaway HOOKED us up with some swag and gear and they were an absolute blast to get to know and hang out with. I even caught them playing Ice Ice Baby in the cart at the 5 group pile-up on hole 5, therefore; I approve. Playing with my boy JMan, getting to know my partner Zenger, and also getting to know Matthew was a blast. It didn't feel like a 6.5 hour round since we were having a great time, only felt like 6 :D. Boom, roasted!. Even though this was the invitational, the score was irrelevant to all us since we were having such a great time out there, which is exactly how it should be! Great dudes I hope to tee it up again with in the future.

Nookie had a spot lined up for ALL of us Saturday night for dinner (which I am sure wasn't easy, so thanks again boys even though they didn't have Guinness on Patty's day...) We found out who won (CONGRATS BOYS, WELL DESERVED), found out the #zoocrew is legit, and it was just an overall nice ending to a great day. Night ended back at the HOTEL 6 with a few beers and old friends having a great time. Unfortunately we missed Snoop D-O-DoubleG at the pool party but he left a note for us so it's all good. (Knuckles Snoop).

HEY FELLAS! Amazing weekend and thanks to all who made it what it was! (I said "great" 7 times and meant everyone.).

Back