Atlanta Golf - Late March

Oh this is so painful...I'll be passing along the GA coast on my way to Lauderdale on Saturday. Can't make it, but would have loved to.

That's a shame Nate! That would have been a game changer.

Dan, I expect greatness. No excuse will get past me!

hahahaha!! I'll be hunting for it all day. I've got high hopes we can see some out of Ken and Seth.

You both need to be around par or I will be severely disappointed.

Severely.

Disappointed.

hahahaha!! I'll be hunting for it all day. I've got high hopes we can see some out of Ken and Seth.

I can only guarantee this. I will aim at every flagstick on the course. Go Big or Go Home.

You both need to be around par or I will be severely disappointed.

Severely.

Disappointed.

I'll do my absolute best. Why isn't your name in that par talk? Sandbagging hard for Ohio? NOT NEEDED SIR!

Oh this is so painful...I'll be passing along the GA coast on my way to Lauderdale on Saturday. Can't make it, but would have loved to.

Dang JN, that would have been too cool for you to show up :thumb: :blob:

Thanks Ken! I told KellyBo that I was going to play a draw all day and live or die by it. I hit the ball much more solid when I play the right to left shot. Two things will help me the most. Tee shots in the fairways and being able to two putt the majority of the time. There is no way for me to not three putt these greens at least a couple of times. The good thing is my opponent will have the same difficulty as I will. I just have to play the course smart and not worry about what he's doing.

Good plan! Play your game, stay in your comfort zone and enjoy the round. Best of luck

I'll do my absolute best. Why isn't your name in that par talk? Sandbagging hard for Ohio? NOT NEEDED SIR!

I'm only staying quiet because I've barely broken 85 since the calendar turned to 2013. Lots of rust on this game, although I feel it coming around. Certainly by 4/27 I'll be ready to go.

I'm only staying quiet because I've barely broken 85 since the calendar turned to 2013. Lots of rust on this game, although I feel it coming around. Certainly by 4/27 I'll be ready to go.

pffft... This will make non-frozen round number 1ish for this guy!!!

Forget it. We're all shooting par. Is the greenside bunker too far away for gimmes?

pffft... This will make non-frozen round number 1ish for this guy!!!

Forget it. We're all shooting par. Is the greenside bunker too far away for gimmes?

haha putt em out guys :alien:. It will be interesting to see how many of you can avoid 3 putting on this course :wink:. I missed one recently from two foot out, and it cost me several bucks playing in our weekly blitz with the seniors. I made a bogey instead of a par, missing 3rd place by one stroke. :banghead:.

Gosh, I'm starting to choke already. How can I find my game in just 3 days. And hell, it snowed here in the mountains last night and this morning and I've been stuck inside all day. The last time I played MCC it kicked my butt real good. Oh, I know. I can pull out my SKLZ putting mat and practice my putting stroke. Maybe I won't 3-putt everything Saturday.

Gosh, I'm starting to choke already. How can I find my game in just 3 days. And hell, it snowed here in the mountains last night and this morning and I've been stuck inside all day. The last time I played MCC it kicked my butt real good. Oh, I know. I can pull out my SKLZ putting mat and practice my putting stroke. Maybe I won't 3-putt everything Saturday.

I've been working with the Big Moss this week. Hoping to see some putting results. We'll see -- at least I think I'm putting it online now, maybe.

haha putt em out guys :alien:. It will be interesting to see how many of you can avoid 3 putting on this course :wink:. I missed one recently from two foot out, and it cost me several bucks playing in our weekly blitz with the seniors. I made a bogey instead of a par, missing 3rd place by one stroke. :banghead:.

Man, you seniors play for keeps!!! We may be on course all day long! :good:

Thanks Ken! I told KellyBo that I was going to play a draw all day and live or die by it. I hit the ball much more solid when I play the right to left shot. Two things will help me the most. Tee shots in the fairways and being able to two putt the majority of the time. There is no way for me to not three putt these greens at least a couple of times. The good thing is my opponent will have the same difficulty as I will. I just have to play the course smart and not worry about what he's doing.

It doesn't get much better. Win or lose, you are playing the game you love. I have a feeling, the lawyer can't talk his way into a win in this one. OG FTW. :clapp:

The greens will be pressed and rolled especially for you guys, which will make them a tad faster and the pins will be in some interesting places :bulgy-eyes:

The greens will be pressed and rolled especially for you guys, which will make them a tad faster and the pins will be in some interesting places :bulgy-eyes:

Oh my Lord! That thought is just frightening! As for the pins, there aren't many safe places on those greens to put them.

Oh my Lord! That thought is just frightening! As for the pins, there aren't many safe places on those greens to put them.

I'll never forget the shock in T0AD's eyes on hole #18. He hit an excellent chip which appeared to be headed towards the pin. It stopped briefly, a gust of wind came up which apparently nudged his ball and it started rolling backwards, then off the green and it ended up 30 yards back down the fairway.

What about the HIO I almost had but the wind grabbed it and rolled it back about 30 feet.

The greens are only fast in some spots. Other spots seem slow. I have left plenty short from fear.

What about the HIO I almost had but the wind grabbed it and rolled it back about 30 feet.

The greens are only fast in some spots. Other spots seem slow. I have left plenty short from fear.

It really depends on where the pin placements are. The shot Kelly almost aced on hole number eight, was no more than a foot from the pin. It had stopped completely and as we were riding across the pond on #8, we could see the ball start moving ever so slightly and it finally ended up near the front edge of the green :D

It really depends on where the pin placements are. The shot Kelly almost aced on hole number eight, was no more than a foot from the pin. It had stopped completely and as we were riding across the pond on #8, we could see the ball start moving ever so slightly and it finally ended up near the front edge of the green :D

Ah, excellent. I won't need to worry about a hole-in-one on #8...

Ah, excellent. I won't need to worry about a hole-in-one on #8...

Oh you can still make one partner! Just hit it beyond the hole and spin it back into the cup :thumb:.

Our # 12 hole is a perfect opportunity for someone who hits their shots from right to left. Even if you miss the green, the ball will bounce left and if the pin is on the front, you have a really good chance to ace one.

Hopefully we won't have 20-30 mph wind gusts Sat so go for it!

I'll never forget the shock in T0AD's eyes on hole #18. He hit an excellent chip which appeared to be headed towards the pin. It stopped briefly, a gust of wind came up which apparently nudged his ball and it started rolling backwards, then off the green and it ended up 30 yards back down the fairway.

I've never seen T0AD so angry in my whole life as when he hit that great shot and then we all stood watching it trickle down the sloop, pick up speed, and truck down the fairway.

Folks who haven't played MCC yet are in for some fun times on Saturday!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've never seen T0AD so angry in my whole life as when he hit that great shot and then we all stood watching it trickle down the sloop, pick up speed, and truck down the fairway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This looks like T0AD's reaction after the greens kept teasing him and finally on #18 he'd had enough :D

I'm so jealous of all you guys! I can't wait until I can tee it up with the ATL group again!

I'm so jealous of all you guys! I can't wait until I can tee it up with the ATL group again!

We are going to miss having you down for this weekend good buddy!

Since the harsh cold & windy weather has left Monroe, Ga. I'm heading out today for my first round in several days :blob:. It will still be chilly today however nothing like the wind and cold we have had for the last several days. I got to prep for my match play round this Friday. Putting practice for at least an hour pre & post rounds leading up to this weekend :thumb:.

That really was a good, delicate, touch shot that just happened to stop right on top of the ridge. :angry:

5 yards out turning into 30 yards out ain't my cup of Monroe moonshine.

Back