Callaway X-Hot & X-Hot Pro Driver Preview Thread

Golf store swapped it out no problem. Very solid customer service and it's all taken care of now!

That's good, nothing worse than buying a new driver and then being without it right away.

My 10.5* Xhot showed up last week and I've had a couple rounds with it. With all my grip and swing changes, I've lost a lot of distance off the tee. Something just isn't working anymore. I can't say if this is longer or shorter than my Razr Fit withthe stock shaft or with the B Ahsa, but I will say that when I hit it, it feels better/hotter to me off the face than the RF. I'm thinking if I can fix my swing, this club may get its own spot in the bag instead of sharing a hole with the 5w as a backup.

I hit this one today (non-pro) in 9.5* with the PXv stiff shaft. It actually gave me really good launch spin numbers (14.9*/3000 rpm), but I wasn't getting very high ball speeds for whatever reason. I was swinging about 100 mph on the nose and was only seeing ball speeds of about 130. If I could get the smash factor up, this would be a really solid driver for me.

Finally hit this thing pretty good today(10.5* non-pro). Swapped the B Asha back into it for the 18 TahoeDust and I squeezed in after work. Was still having slice problems early on, but by the end of the round I had started to straighten it out and get some my distance back. Tee shot on 18 was on a rope out to 271yds. After weeks of topping out at 220, it was good to really send one. Still feels better off the face than the Razr Fit to me, even on mishits low, high and inside.

Second round in the books with my XH and I'm beginning to think I've found a winner. Drier conditions today so I got a chance to see some roll out. This was a big factor in my decision-making process, matching it with the Black Tie to try and get my spin numbers down. Cooler weather today, so there are still some yards out there, but I like the direction I'm heading with this one.

The thing I keep coming back to is the feel of this speed frame face. It's almost as if you can feel the compression and ball just exploding off of it.

Not only that, but the forgiveness is there to boot. I managed to find the center of the face quite well today, but I did manage one low in the heel on a par 5. It started low and left but just as designed, produced a nice little fade with some good run on it. No noticeable distance loss (I didn't even think to measure) as I was laying nearly side by side with one of my playing partners who hits a very similar distance to myself.

I did only hit 5/9 fws with it today, but that was certainly user error. Three were long center contact pulls as I got a little lazy in the swing, one early, two late, that did lead to 4 strokes of my +10 round. The other was a little too aggressive line on a dogleg right and lead to another bogey.

Through two rounds that puts me at 15/21, which I'd take near 75% all day long. Still a little cold and early to make a call on distance gains. The first round was a course I frequent and know very well but it was windy and soaked. Today was a course I've only played three times, the last being three years ago. As I get through the next few weeks hoping to get some warm, dry conditions and hit up a few of my more regular tracks to see how the distance compares.

How sweet is this?

BGXigsYCMAEE039.jpg:large

That is pretty sweet Cookie! Was that a post from someone on twitter? Harry? I remember seeing it somewhere, just can't place it with who?

Speaking of.....I think I have something coming to my attention tomorrow!

That is pretty sweet Cookie! Was that a post from someone on twitter? Harry? I remember seeing it somewhere, just can't place it with who?

Speaking of.....I think I have something coming to my attention tomorrow!

It was from @DavidDusek, head cover belongs to Luke List.

Just curious, can you crank the 10.5 up to a 11.5 loft or down to a 9.5?

Just curious, can you crank the 10.5 up to a 11.5 loft or down to a 9.5?

If you closed it, it'd be 11.5 but also 1.5 degrees closed, if open you'd hit 9.5 but it would be 2.5 degrees open.

If you closed it, it'd be 11.5 but also 1.5 degrees closed, if open you'd hit 9.5 but it would be 2.5 degrees open.

Soooo if you bought the 11.5 the face is pretty much square huh?

Anytime good sir! Always here to help.

Just one more question as I'm not going to read back through the entire thread. Do you guys find this a high spin driver head/shaft combo? I'm talking about the stock shaft as I know you are playing the white tie.

Just one more question as I'm not going to read back through the entire thread. Do you guys find this a high spin driver head/shaft combo? I'm talking about the stock shaft as I know you are playing the white tie.

It is the higher spin of the three drivers in the lineup, no doubt OG. In the end go find and hit this sucker and see how the stock setup works out for you!

Nate, AWESOME!

Nate the feeling i have towards you right now isn't a good one :angry: Look at that pretty face, no Nate not yours :D

Callaway have the best looking drivers this year

Had a range session today, working mostly on the new driver. Played around with the settings a bit today. I've been playing it neutral, 9.5 XH in the 7m3 stiff. In an attempt to get a little more launch I set it to the closed position. I had figured I would see pulls galore but to my surprise I saw a very similar straight to slight fade with a higher launch. It was hard to judge the distance as I was hitting slightly into the sun for most of the session, but it seemed to carry further, bounce, and roll out near the same as best I could see. I was really liking the launch I was seeing and it was a nice high penetrating flight, no ballooning whatsoever, something I've struggled with in the past pre-Black Tie.

Towards the end of the session, after being thrilled yet again with my results and officially calling an end to the "break-in period" I hit a few and tried working the ball. Still some work in that area for the draw, but I managed to hit small to big fades with no effort, imagining a few holes I'll be playing this weekend. I did manage to hit a few 3-4 yard draws(insert chuckle). Knew coming in this shaft was borderline for me and turning it over may be a chore, so it looks as if straight is my new draw and fade is my new straight. With the distance, and more importantly dispersion I'm getting, I'll take it!

Had a short range warmup and quick 9 with my new XHOT standard 10.5 in R/flex.

It feels a bit lighter than my 910d2 was. After the first few swings to get warmed up this sucker really started to perform.
I loved the feel and sound. A couple of people even turned to look and see what the heck I was hitting.
My normal drives before the XHOT were 225-235 and if I really sweet spotted one I would see 250-265.

Since changing my swing and switching drivers, something has just clicked I was seeing 245-260 on a majority of swings and a few that I just flat out nailed and they rolled off the back of the range which is a first for me.
Dispersion was awesome for my crappy ability. I did toe one and it actually stayed pretty darn straight.

Played a quick 9 and I hit 7 fairways with it and was dancing on all the par 4s in two. It really shortened the course for me. Can't wait to get the 3 wood!

So Callaway Staffers, has your ponder mode gone into over drive on these?

I love it, how cool would it be if they did an animal version with the X gloves and all!

Cookie, loved the pic. Icey, I think you are on to something here. That would be bada$$!

Back