The Official Rant of the Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
My buddy went in for his stress test after having a mild heart attack. Well he will be having surgery in the morning. He's been my friend for almost 25 years and I'm not sure he will be around after tonight

Sorry to hear this Xarraan, my thoughts and prayers are heading his way.

My buddy went in for his stress test after having a mild heart attack. Well he will be having surgery in the morning. He's been my friend for almost 25 years and I'm not sure he will be around after tonight

Thoughts and lots of positive energy to you both.

Thanks guys.

Xarraan, lots of positive thoughts and energy going your way as well.

Late getting to the thread, Freddie. Really sorry to hear about your MRI results.

I will say that I am amazed at what doctors can do outside of surgery to treat spinal/nerve issues. Good luck, my friend.

I hope everything works out for your friend, Xarraan.

Thoughts and prayers going out to you Freddie, Xarraan, and your friend.

Xaraan first off m thoughts and prayers for your buddy. I am sorry you have to go through this.

Freddie give me a call or shoot me a PM if you ever need to talk about this. I'm sorry you have to go through what you are going to go through. It's not fun. But I'm proof positive that you can get through this and out the other side.

As for my rant, I have never been this uncomfortable in my life. It feels like my head and chest are going to explode due to pressure and my heart feels like its skipping every other beat. It's a maddening feeling and very scary as well. Called to get an appointment and they said I should be OK to wait until Tuesday as that was the first day I could carve some time out from work. A little disconcerting to be told that it should be OK to wait. I'm only 42! I can't possibly have heart problems

Xaraan first off m thoughts and prayers for your buddy. I am sorry you have to go through this.

Freddie give me a call or shoot me a PM if you ever need to talk about this. I'm sorry you have to go through what you are going to go through. It's not fun. But I'm proof positive that you can get through this and out the other side.

As for my rant, I have never been this uncomfortable in my life. It feels like my head and chest are going to explode due to pressure and my heart feels like its skipping every other beat. It's a maddening feeling and very scary as well. Called to get an appointment and they said I should be OK to wait until Tuesday as that was the first day I could carve some time out from work. A little disconcerting to be told that it should be OK to wait. I'm only 42! I can't possibly have heart problems

Anxiety attacks can often feel like heart attacks. Trust me, I used to have them horribly bad, until I wound up in a hospital room and wearing a heart monitor for a few months. Stress in life and work can certainly help bring these on. Hope everything checks out ok.

Chunkylover I hope it's nothing serious heart issues are no joke.

~Joseph~
via Tapatalk

Hope everything is alright man.

On another note, this should take priority over work. What if Tuesday is too long to wait? I will not continue rambling but I think you see the point and know this buddy.

Man, late reading all this but thoughts and prayers to Freddie, Xarren an Chunky.

My rant is mild compared to my fellow THPers who are all in my thoughts but I need to put it out there.

I put in for the boys golf job, the kids want me to have the job, the former coach wants me to have the job, parents have even chimed in to the ad wanting me to have the job. Surprise, they are hiring a coach (more than likely it looks like this guy) for the boys basketball job who does golf where he's coming from, and when I say "does golf" I mean goes in the clubhouse and reads and admits to it. This is a program with multiple titles and kids who are passionate about the game, I've been playing with the 1-4 bags about three times a week and have honestly done a lot of good. The problem is I want it SO badly now and when I get passed up I won't be keeping my mouth shut about it. It will be huge mistake, call me arrogant or "entitled" for that, but l know the good I could do with these kids.

That's really unfortunate Jman. This a budget thing by having one person coach multiple sports?

That's really unfortunate Jman. This a budget thing by having one person coach multiple sports?

No, HS sports are a business, this is a "to get the coach we want we will offer multiple stipends to bump his salary" move that is crazy common...no matter their experience, especially when it comes to sports like golf.

No, HS sports are a business, this is a "to get the coach we want we will offer multiple stipends to bump his salary" move that is crazy common...no matter their experience, especially when it comes to sports like golf.

If they are truly a business, why are they not going after someone with proper experience, etc? Or is this business in the sense of basketball and they will also give him golf so they can give him more money? Sounds like they give a damn less about golf.

If they are truly a business, why are they not going after someone with proper experience, etc? Or is this business in the sense of basketball and they will also give him golf so they can give him more money? Sounds like they give a damn less about golf.

You got it right there, it's about upping the salary to make the guy want to come with an "easy" spring sport. I'm not going to be quiet about it either, even the current coach is pissed.

I too am late reading all of this but Freddie, Xarren and Ken, my thoughts are for each of you.

My rant is mild compared to my fellow THPers who are all in my thoughts but I need to put it out there.

I put in for the boys golf job, the kids want me to have the job, the former coach wants me to have the job, parents have even chimed in to the ad wanting me to have the job. Surprise, they are hiring a coach (more than likely it looks like this guy) for the boys basketball job who does golf where he's coming from, and when I say "does golf" I mean goes in the clubhouse and reads and admits to it. This is a program with multiple titles and kids who are passionate about the game, I've been playing with the 1-4 bags about three times a week and have honestly done a lot of good. The problem is I want it SO badly now and when I get passed up I won't be keeping my mouth shut about it. It will be huge mistake, call me arrogant or "entitled" for that, but l know the good I could do with these kids.

That stinks Jman, just stinks.

That is utter horsepoo buddy. I could sit here and tell you, "It's their loss" or "Try not to worry about it" but it wouldn't mean anything. You should absolutely stand up for yourself and let them know how much you not only want but deserve the job. It is way more than golf, you are a terrific guy and a role model for these kids and they already respect and look up to you. In a world of so much negativity, these kids need a person to look up to.

Jman, I know it's not much of a consolation coming from me, but I think you deserve that job. Your passion about the game is only rivaled by your passion for working with kids that you teach. Pairing those two together would not only be a great benefit to the kids on the Golf team, but to you and the entire school as well. Good luck with it all bro.

I really hope you don't get passed up, Jman. I'm sure you would be an awesome golf coach.

Jman that is truly disappointing. I think whatever you do its sounds like you'll have a lot of support from the community.

~Joseph~
via Tapatalk

Stay positive Jman! I hope it all works out for you man.

It is absurd they are telling you to wait until Tuesday. If you feel at risk get yourself to an urgent care clinic or an ER.

To piggy back on JeffReed's comments, a few years back I was in a particularly stressful place with my job. I wasn't consciously aware of it at the time, I just started noticing intermittent sharp stabbing like pains in the left side of my chest. I went to a cardiologist who put me through a full battery of stress and other exams. At the end she told me she didn't know what it was but it wasn't a heart attack, disease or damage. It was the stress. I think guys in particular can just take on more and more and believe we can just deal with it, but this is a sign from our bodies that it is actually too much. Good for you for listening to your body. And again, if you experience something more acute don't wait until Tuesday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back