2013 Morgan Cup - The Ultimate Amateur Golf Event

Status
Not open for further replies.
After my first two 9-hole rounds of the year this weekend my prep has officially begun! I feel like it is off to a great start too. Definitely a little rust to work off but not nearly what I thought I would have. My irons are still working great and my driver improved from the first round to the second. Just a little touch up on the short game and things should be back to full speed in no time. So glad the weather is starting to turn. Looks like tomorrow and Tuesday will be cold and possible snow but then it will warm right back up again. Looking forward to heading to Chicago in a week also and giving some new courses a try, I think that will be a great test as to where my game is playing away from my home course.

Anything you are leaning towards Freddie based on what you have hit?

Sorry for delay Dev. Based on three solid sessions with each club I have to say the Xhot pro has the lead.

I liked the Xtreme with the black tie in 11.5 loft. It's kinda my fall back. The fairway finder.

The Xhot with the black tie was deep but I couldn't for the life of me work it right to left with any consistency.

The Xhot pro with a certain shaft was just to deep of a bomber to ignore. We have 6 shafts and the two stock available to us, thank you Callaway. I'll be swinging everyone tomorrow at 1030 (I will document if allowed in video) and I will take the combo with the best numbers.

I've read up and talked to a few people on some of the options and I am
Leaving toward two shafts. We will have to see which head performs the best. If its the Xtreme, I will go udesign and let the forum pick my design.

Whats a boonie hat? Like a bucket cap?

Yea... like this ( right off the website )

booniehat.jpg

Sorry for delay Dev. Based on three solid sessions with each club I have to say the Xhot pro has the lead.

I liked the Xtreme with the black tie in 11.5 loft. It's kinda my fall back. The fairway finder.

The Xhot with the black tie was deep but I couldn't for the life of me work it right to left with any consistency.

The Xhot pro with a certain shaft was just to deep of a bomber to ignore. We have 6 shafts and the two stock available to us, thank you Callaway. I'll be swinging everyone tomorrow at 1030 (I will document if allowed in video) and I will take the combo with the best numbers.

Leaving toward two shafts. We will have to see which head performs the best. If its the Xtreme, I will go udesign and let the forum pick my design.

Cant wait to see what you end up with Freddie... Hope you get to video it...that would be cool.

Cant wait to see what you end up with Freddie... Hope you get to video it...that would be cool.

That is my plan, trying to make this process as transparent as possible. I have always moved I to clubs based on feel. This will be based on numbers. I have to think the numbers at The Annika Academy will pretty close to pure.
I had some made therapy on my neck and right arm over the last two days so I should be swinging well.

That is my plan, trying to make this process as transparent as possible. I have always moved I to clubs based on feel. This will be based on numbers. I have to think the numbers at The Annika Academy will pretty close to pure.
I had some made therapy on my neck and right arm over the last two days so I should be swinging well.

I'm excited for you bro. Call me when you're done if you have time. I love talking club pondering and gear with you!

I'm excited for you bro. Call me when you're done if you have time. I love talking club pondering and gear with you!

First call Capt. I expect The AA to have some serious 'make a good player' stuff on hand.

Love seeing all the excitement in here. The MC is now officially at the top of my bucket list.

After my first two 9-hole rounds of the year this weekend my prep has officially begun! I feel like it is off to a great start too. Definitely a little rust to work off but not nearly what I thought I would have. My irons are still working great and my driver improved from the first round to the second. Just a little touch up on the short game and things should be back to full speed in no time. So glad the weather is starting to turn. Looks like tomorrow and Tuesday will be cold and possible snow but then it will warm right back up again. Looking forward to heading to Chicago in a week also and giving some new courses a try, I think that will be a great test as to where my game is playing away from my home course.

That's awesome to hear Bradd. You have such a smooth swing I do not see you losing much over the winter and I know you will be right back to top form in no time. I actually played my first 18 this weekend too. Driver was great for the front nine and then fell apart a little on the back, but my irons were solid all day. One miss out on the toe and 2 slight pulls and that was it. No fat shots(which is my issue) and just not as dialed in as I was with distances right now but still solid all day.

Really interested in your thoughts Freddie.

Pretty cool to hear of a few guys going through fittings to get those Morgan Cup equipment specs. Freddie hitting up the Annika Academy is just amazing given her involvement with the 2013 Morgan Cup.

Anxious to hear the outcome of those and looking forward to one of my own. Less than 4 months away....I like the way things are shaping up and am damn proud to be a Cleveland Golf staffer kicking it in style in my Cross Golf apparel!

I wonder if we are allowed to tell people what we ordered from Callaway today :alien:

in talking things over with Nerfny on the course Friday and Saturday, one thing I did last year was waited to start lessons. I didn't start them until the end of June. This year I hope to get some started much earlier to get in the flow of things. Less then 4 months to go, there is going to be a lot of excitement around here between the Invitationals, the outing, #grandaddy contests. It's going to go super fast.

I wonder if we are allowed to tell people what we ordered from Callaway today :alien:

Absolutely! Post it in the appropriate equipment thread so we can discuss and lush over it!

in talking things over with Nerfny on the course Friday and Saturday, one thing I did last year was waited to start lessons. I didn't start them until the end of June. This year I hope to get some started much earlier to get in the flow of things. Less then 4 months to go, there is going to be a lot of excitement around here between the Invitationals, the outing, #grandaddy contests. It's going to go super fast.

Can't believe that I actually decided to go through with a change after a lesson on Saturday. Time is tight but we shall see!

Can't believe that I actually decided to go through with a change after a lesson on Saturday. Time is tight but we shall see!

I know you will put in the work and commit to it though.

I know you will put in the work and commit to it though.

Absolutely, if anything is WORTH it - it is THIS event. So damn anxious to have fun on media day again and feel those butterflies on Saturday morning. Never experienced anything like that in my life until that point.

Nice dude! Glad you're back at it!!

Looks good Kelly!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Next week we will have an announcement about participants' attendees and how to get them registered. This year working with the course, each person planning on attending the event (non-participant) will have to be registered.

Thanks everybody.

I would love to have the full fitting opportunity like you all have gotten. Plus all the amazing equipment from your OEM. MC2013 staffers are getting the works this year:)

Next week we will have an announcement about participants' attendees and how to get them registered. This year working with the course, each person planning on attending the event (non-participant) will have to be registered.

Thanks everybody.

i hope they have to wear all-access backstage laminates because we're effing rockstars!

i hope they have to wear all-access backstage laminates because we're effing rockstars!

You will know who they are. They will all be holding the signs that read like this:

Q
U
I
E
T

I would love to have the full fitting opportunity like you all have gotten. Plus all the amazing equipment from your OEM. MC2013 staffers are getting the works this year:)

You can buddy. I am sure there is a local pro around that can give you a full fitting, and to the best of my knowledge any fittings we have done this year were not complimentary. (Please correct me if I am wrong guys)

You got that right Tyno!

You can buddy. I am sure there is a local pro around that can give you a full fitting, and to the best of my knowledge any fittings we have done this year were not complimentary. (Please correct me if I am wrong guys)

Oh I know haha:) I just haven't gotten it done. So you had to pay for your fitting? If so I had no clue on that part.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back