2013 Morgan Cup - The Ultimate Amateur Golf Event

Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone needs to inform Gary Van Sickle of SI that THP has now had 72 guys get the kind of treatment that he's spotlighting in the article below. I post this as proof of how revolutionary this event was and still is. Well done to JB and GG for being ahead of the curve yet again.

http://www.golf.com/tour-and-news/1...tour-treatment-mizuno?sct=hp_bf6_a5&eref=sihp
Am I remembering this correctly that it initially appeared that an OEM went rogue with the idea as if it were their own after declining to participate in the MC (because of timing issues, I believe)? Now we see this was a promotion off another golf website? Not cool.

So how is everyone going to get there clubs? What I mean by that is are you supposed to get fitted for every club deemed playable by your sponsor and then send your specs to your tour rep?

It depends on the OEM, the player etc. I got fitted in Finland, and at that point most of the Cobra clubs were not available, so I just looked in to shafts and possible lofts. We got the word to order our Cobra drivers two weeks ago. I put my order in and, now I'm hoping that the shaft I picked is available.

So how is everyone going to get there clubs? What I mean by that is are you supposed to get fitted for every club deemed playable by your sponsor and then send your specs to your tour rep?

We were told by our tour rep that Bridgestone wanted us to get fit for our clubs so we could make sure we were having the best combination of club/shaft for our game. Bridgestone guys also ordered their drivers last Friday and, as of now, that is the only thing we have done. I imagine we will be hearing some more news soon! Thanks for following along!

So I woke up this morning to some tour rep goodness. Looks like my driver fitting is coming just in time.

So I woke up this morning to some tour rep goodness. Looks like my driver fitting is coming just in time.

Awesome, exciting stuff! Anything special regarding shafts available for you guys?

Well...looks like I need to book my fitting ASAP. Drop everything mode now.....

Good luck Cally staffers!

Awesome, exciting stuff! Anything special regarding shafts available for you guys?

We had a list of aftermarket shafts we could choose from, as well as all the stock offerings of course. I'm not really familiar with any of them so my fitting is going to be key.

Headed over to Annika Academy on Monday morning for a full fitting. As Wdke and Nate stated, our tour rep dropped us a message and its time. Looking for some good numbers to maximize the potential in the driver I will choose.

Looking forward to seeing what you all go with. 2 great options out there for Callaway this year

Gonna be sweet to see the combos selected by the 8 staffers. Kelly is probably calm cool and collected. :laughing:

We had a list of aftermarket shafts we could choose from, as well as all the stock offerings of course. I'm not really familiar with any of them so my fitting is going to be key.

I was/am the same as you here. I have been using the online chat with B-Fit several times not and they led me to a fitter. I still go back and talk with the guys on b-fit. Though I have only dealt with two of them, both have been incredible, very knowledgeable and patient with me as I try to put all the variables together to get the best answers. It is kind of tough that I am unable to go down the road and hit these offerings and get some real info but I am sure their knowledge will transfer into success.

Looking forward to seeing what you all go with. THREE great options out there for Callaway this year

FIFY...

So what are the Cally boys thinking...

I'm going to guess that Jake goes Xtreme because he likes smaller heads.

You know you in your mind exactly what you want then the PM comes and your brain goes all mushy. I've hit all three with various shafts, nothing on a monitor. I am going to let the number pick for me.

On Monday at noon I will know what I am ordering. I know what I have seen and felt but that may not have been right for me. I plan on sharing my experience at the Annika Academy and try to make this as transparent as possible.

You know you in your mind exactly what you want then the PM comes and your brain goes all mushy. I've hit all three with various shafts, nothing on a monitor. I am going to let the number pick for me.

On Monday at noon I will know what I am ordering. I know what I have seen and felt but that may not have been right for me. I plan on sharing my experience at the Annika Academy and try to make this as transparent as possible.

Anything you are leaning towards Freddie based on what you have hit?

I'm going to guess that Jake goes Xtreme because he likes smaller heads.
X Hot Pro also has a smaller head. But down in Dallas I took the X Hot out for 18 holes and it was WAY better on the course than it was on the sim for both Buck and I.

If they said I need to know RIGHT NOW I'd go X Hot Pro 9.5 with the stock PX. But I'm going to the golf shop which coincidentally is a Callaway Fitting Studio today at lunch and will bang some drivers with the shafts that are available to us and see which one works out best.

Right on Jake. Looking forward to hearing the results!

Can't wait to see what direction everyone goes. Lot's of good options from Callaway this year!

Long.....Long and Strong is what keeps creeping into my brain when I think about the possibilities. :D I'm like Tadashi, I had an idea and then the PM gets sent and I suddenly have doubt. Crazy isn't it. I have a few things to do this weekend involving a certain shaft and then I'm on the lookout for a place here in Dallas that I may be able to get a look at the other shafts and combos. So to answer you question...........I have no clue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back