Greetings from Adelaide, Australia

Reaction score
Handicap
Hi all,

After playing a tiny bit when I was much much younger and after hacking my way through a round with a friend this summer, I've decided to take this game up. My wife seems to think it wont end very well mainly based on her seeing my reactions to the Tiger Woods games over the years (read very bad language at the TV and much couch punching/slapping in frustration). I keep telling her that's not a concern as in the real world the ball goes where you want every shot and you get a birdie or par on every hole! Somehow I don't think she believes me but she wont be there so no need for her to find out the reality of the situation. :D

During the above mentioned summer round I was using my dad's old set of clubs. The most recent card I found in his bag when I was cleaning it and scrubbing the mould from the inside was from 1991! Even though they were covered in rust they did the job and will hopefully continue that job until I've played through the winter and decide whether my interest warrants further investment next year. That said I have bought a new bag for obvious reasons and an Adams Speedline F11 as his bag was driverless. Upon inquiry, he advised me he didn't have a driver as he could never hit one well enough to warrant buying one. At least I have one modern club in my bag!

I've approached looking for a forum to join like any club purchase. I picked a few I liked the look of, spent lots of time browsing plenty of posts and have signed up to the one that suited me the best. I'm looking forward to using The Hackers Paradise as a great resource for getting some helpful advice on my game, researching new gear and most importantly having a good laugh. THP seems like a friendly and fun place to hang out. Just like my new driver, I think we'll be a good fit.

Catch you all on the forums,

CM.

Welcome to THP.

Welcome! ​You're going to love it here!

Welcome to THP!!

Hi and welcome to the site.

Welcome to THP, Cap't!

Welcome to THP! You chose wisely!

Welcome to THP! I'm in Geelong, VIC. I like it here. I think you will too.

Welcome to THP!!

Welcome to THP

Welcome to THP. I've only been to Australia once but I loved it.

:welcome:

Welcome to the forum!

Welcome to thp

:wavey: :welcome:

Welcome to THP, CM!

:welcome: great intro CM.

Welcome to THP!

Welcome!

Welcome to THP!!!

Welcome and I think you will find plenty of info you love about golf right here.

Welcome to THP!

Welcome to THP!

Welcome to :thp: Cap! You have taken your first step on the road to real golf addiction...but that's a good thing! ...Right? RIGHT GUYS?! :bulgy-eyes:

Welcome to THP!

Back