2013 Ohio THP Invitational Recap & Picture Thread

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
First off, I want to thank mikedean441 and Canadan for setting up the 2nd event in the 2013 THP Invitational Series. Second, I want to thank everybody for making the trip and coming out. GolferGal and I had a blast on the range and course with everybody and then again with those that made it out to dinner.

Join me in congratulating the two newest members of the THP Events Hall of Fame and that is Zenger and Bullfrog. The two of them played great golf and deserve the honor and their names will be added to the shrine in the coming days.

Ohio. What can we say, you delivered a top notch Invitational because the people that came out were incredible. From the moment GolferGal and I arrived at the course on Saturday to the moment we left dinner on Saturday night, you guys were just great. Some things I have to share.

MikeDean - Thank you for driving me around town on Thursday night so that I could get GolferGal's new rings.
GolfinFF - Quite possibly the best thing I have ever received. The man saw my posts about germs and brought me a real hazmat suit. It will be treasured.
Before I run down the entire list of greatness that was at this event, it truly was a collective gathering of great people. It was wonderful to see old friends again and amazing making new ones. Ohio will have a special place in our hearts after Friday night and I think that is perfect.

One apology. We apologize for having your event in April. We know that a lot of you guys have not been able to play golf for months and there was some rust that otherwise would not be there. That is on us and the next one (and there will be a next one) will give you some warm up time pre-event.

Putting faces to names is what these events are all about, coupled with sharing rounds of golf with people that all share the same passion. We thank you for coming out and being part of the 2013 THP Invitational Series with us.

Pictures will be coming in this post and throughout this thread soon and you can feel free to add your own as well as your thoughts now. Thanks again everybody, we had an amazing time in Ohio these last few days.

The Group:
i-pnphndh-L.jpg

The Swag:
i-XDBRRpm-L.jpg

Everyone making their drives on the 1st tee:
First up, ATLGolfer:
i-jcTrx8J-L.jpg

dcbrad:
i-VxhN5Jj-L.jpg

JRod:
i-NpbkR6X-L.jpg

tgtt
i-PFrnXz7-L.jpg

AMart:
i-PRbkNZg-L.jpg

Canadan:
i-6jCr63v-L.jpg

InHartWeTrust:
i-WgV48zC-L.jpg

RobMan7:
i-7N6GJx5-L.jpg

WadesWorld:
i-cP5fRjp-L.jpg

Bear4Ever:
i-4ZWt5jM-L.jpg

tnolan:
i-JvnxpFz-L.jpg

LargePhil:
i-8tg4jnF-L.jpg

Gaijin_Golfer:
i-vgqF9Lk-L.jpg

MikeDean:
i-9L3MxPN-L.jpg

bogey317:
i-PxDLjgH-L.jpg

ddxu:
i-dbdRKtD-L.jpg

bullfrog:
i-LfD3dnV-L.jpg

Zenger:
i-mXGzCzd-L.jpg

Lafayette7:
i-dzrGsFj-L.jpg

golfinFF:
i-BVqcxSf-L.jpg

Certi_fiable:
i-zvfffb5-L.jpg

hitman:
i-fg5ztKQ-L.jpg

playdough:
i-WGhTCN6-L.jpg

hereiswhynow:
i-J8ThNdT-L.jpg

BROCK:
i-cDGxs6T-L.jpg

thetopdogg:
i-LxfCxsv-L.jpg

INGolfer:
i-hVVLFDh-L.jpg

Scottro8:
i-kbDcN3z-L.jpg

buckbug:
i-sxf8GKk-L.jpg

adwillingham:
i-BXmhrTj-L.jpg

daabiistyle:
i-MLtVGdn-L.jpg

Milo:
i-v4zRzbk-L.jpg

jskittle:
i-dXCw6qg-L.jpg

bhilin:
i-GGzwqJh-L.jpg

jholl2277:
i-jbcmGwQ-L.jpg

rsawyers:
i-tZ4cD7X-L.jpg

Dance_Business:
i-mMSWpbw-L.jpg

Six4three5:
i-4QBNvQG-L.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Congrats Zenger and bullfrog! Sounds like one heck of a fun time was had, even with some rust.

Hazmat suit is awesome, too funny.

Congrats guys!

Tapa Slice

Congrats Boys! Sounds like fun was had by all

Way to go Bullfrog and Zenger , good job on the win

Congrats guys!

Tapa Slice

Congrats Zenger and bullfrog! Sounds like one heck of a fun time was had, even with some rust.

Hazmat suit is awesome, too funny.

Congrats to Zenger and Bullfrog!!!

Zak (Bogey317) and I were along for the ride, and these guys were just solid all day long. Zach's (Zenger) long game is really impressive, long and straight. Jeremiah (Bullfrog) is straight and steady off the tee and he was really getting it going on the back 9 too. The greens were freshly punched so making anything outside of 7 feet was pretty tough, but these guys just had so many easy 2 putt pars. Well deserved guys, it was fun.

Do we have some video of the first tee shot of the Invitational? I understand that it was a beauty.

Congrats Zenge and Bullfrog!!! I'm sure you will wear your new hazmat suit will come in handy JB.

Congrats to Zenger and Bullfrog! Glad to hear Ohio turned out so well for everyone and can't wait to see pictures.

1st post has some pictures and more coming in the thread.

Is Dance_Business wearing camouflage pants? If so, I like it!

Awesome. Some good looking dudes in there.

Congrats winners. Looks like some good swings on the tee. Awesome clothing choices as well.

Loving the pictures and congrats to Zenger and bullfrog!

Here are some more pictures:

Dcbrad:
i-TZ8j3Fh-L.jpg

ATLGolfer:
i-LSGcHkW-L.jpg

From Left to Right:
tgtt, Jrod, AMart, Canadan:
i-GdGqk53-L.jpg

RobMan7:
i-QkGQGZ7-L.jpg

tnolan and gaijin_golfer:
i-hF2DNcr-L.jpg

InHartWeTrust:
i-QZGTRjD-L.jpg

MikeDean and LargePhil:
i-thPhHRF-L.jpg

The winning Team, Bullfrog in Red, Zenger on the green:
i-txct3fT-L.jpg

Bogey 317 & ddxu:
i-2JTzMWw-L.jpg

The foursome of lafayette7, golfinFF, hitman and Certifi_able:
i-ptzhDgr-L.jpg

hereiswhynow & playdough:
i-J5Cxq7V-L.jpg

Brock red hat, thetopdogg in black, JB holding the flag, and hereiswhynow bending down:
i-Jkjpqtm-L.jpg

buckbug:
i-DM7hs2H-L.jpg

INGolfer in front and Scottro8 in the back:
i-FZqVHqq-L.jpg

adwillingham:
i-PZz6Z6L-L.jpg

daabistyle:
i-6zRvsNb-L.jpg

Jskittle & Bhilin:
i-sG8LqjZ-L.jpg

Milo:
i-rNgdVhw-L.jpg

From left to right: dance_business, jholl2277, Six4three5, rsawyers:
i-ZSbp3w9-L.jpg

Foursome of Wadesworld, bear4ever, robman and inhartwetrust:
i-SSbP6Jr-L.jpg

LargePhil & Gaijin_golfer:
i-dwnQzbL-L.jpg

Canadan:
i-s7xfQbW-L.jpg

tgtt:
i-26LrbQv-L.jpg

Great pics. Good seeing so many of my past playing partners and buddies hanging out 600 miles away. Just shows how great this community is, knowing 1/2 the people in these pictures and being able to remember the times we've all played together.

Boy, oh boy. Do I miss the wonderful grass of my old Midwest raising. Plush fairways, none of this super tight, dormancy, of the grasses in Louisiana. I've lived here for 15+ years and still can't get used to the difference. I miss my Michigan courses and grasses!!! The first thing I see in these pics are the different flora and fauna... Nice stuff... Glad the Ivitational went well! Can't believe it's been over a month since Dallas...

Great pictures guys. I regret taking off yesterday now that I see it didn't rain this morning and I could've snuck a quick 9 in before I had to duck out back to Columbus. Anyway, yesterday was more than worth the drive...I had a great time.

Good to hear the plan is for later in the season the next time you guys come back to Ohio.

Tyno and I are on our way back to PA. We left around 9. Thanks everybody for a great weekend. I thoroughly enjoyed my first THP event. I've gotta pick up my pup from my parents house and then head up to Erie. Once I get settled in I'll have a recap on the awesome weekend!

Congrats Frogger and Zenger. Frogger I believe that makes you the first person to be inducted in to the THP Hall of Fame for 2 different events. Sounds like a good time was had by all as always. Some great pictures off the first tee.

Looks like a great event and looks like everyone had a great time! Making me look forward to AC even more

I'm back in Atlanta. A little but of weather issues, but nothing too bad.

Pictures looks great! I need to work on my form a bit.

Congrats Bullfrog and Zenger! Great pictures! Loving some of those colorful outfits. It looks like everyone had a ton of fun.

Back