Vijay Singh caught with HGH alternative

Can this stuff even make it through into the body from ingestion? It seems like it'd be more effective via injection if it were even going to do anything.

It wouldn't make it through the digestive tract. But by spraying it under the tongue it gets directly absorbed through the mouths mucous membranes like nitro.

i cant imagine the taste of that stuff. if hes man enough to let it soak under his tongue he deserves to be allowed to use it lol.

I think his intention was to gain an advantage with an illegal substance, and that to me is more damaging than what he used.
A good point, well made. Who else is doing it though?

it becoming public would be the worst thing ever for golf. they need to solve the problem but the general public dont really need to know. it would be fun to see who alll got cought tho.

Just a little background around Vjay from his early days. This is from his bio on Wiki:

1984–1988

Two years after turning professional, Singh won the 1984 Malaysian PGA Championship. However, his career was plunged into crisis after he was suspended from the Asian Tour in 1985 over allegations he doctored his scorecard. It was alleged that he lowered his score from one over to one under in order to make the cut, but Singh denies this, saying that in any case, it should only have resulted in disqualification from the event rather than a ban. After investigation by the Tour of this and other alleged violations proved true, John Bender, Asian PGA Tour president, issued Singh a lifetime ban on Asian PGA Tour play.

Sports Illustrated writer, John Garrity, "interviewed the Indonesian Golf Association official who ruled that Singh had improved his score in Jakarta by a stroke—just enough to make the cut—before signing his card. I reviewed the incident with Asian tour players of the time, including the Canadian pro who played with Singh that day. 'It was not a misunderstanding,' said an American player who was there. 'All of us who were around are very upset that Vijay denies this.'"[6]

Singh felt he had been more harshly treated because the marker was "the son of a VIP in the Indonesian PGA."[7] He then took a job at the Keningau Club in Sabah, Malaysia, before his move to the Miri Golf Club in Sarawak. While this was a period of hardship for him, he continued to gain experience.[8] He saved the money he needed to resurrect his career and began to re-enter tournaments. He won the Nigerian Open in 1988, and at the end of that year he entered the European Tour Qualifying school for the second consecutive year, and was successful on this occasion.

He is not new to controversy.

I saw a funny listing of an item for sale today:
240504385.jpg
240504385.jpg

http://www.rakuten.com/prod/deer-an...-maritzmayer/240504385.html?sellerid=30207532

So you can use the banned substance as long as you don't test positive for it? Uh, okay, sure...that makes a lot of sense.

Holy crap this seems like a horrific result, especially considering the tour gave another player a two(?) year ban for using a substance that he had a verified medical need for even though it was on the banned list.

There sure was a lot of outcry over Tiger getting alleged preferential treatment on the drop ruling at Augusta. I wonder how vocal people will be about Singh apparently getting preferential treatment here?

hmmm....not sure what to say.

Guess this leads back to the drug testing poll from yesterday

Sounds like he got off on a technicality.

This is fairly confusing

Ryan Braun much?

Tapa Slice

You're on a roll, people can still
Not be happy

No way! Braun is a saint. Plus, he's a baseball player. Baseball players would never take performance enhancing drugs.

If I tell a police officer that I smoked some ganja last month, can he arrest me?

If I tell a police officer that I smoked some ganja last month, can he arrest me?

Very true. How about if you pull up next to the officer and say the reason he cant catch you in your car is because its full of heroine? What happens then?

Bad hypothetical. The law punishes for marijuana possession, not use. Sports punish for use.

He admitted to using a prohibited substance. Except when you are a powerful and influential member of the sport (apparently) this one is as simple as it gets.

The guy that got banned a few years ago needs to find himself a creative and vocal attorney.

Very true. How about if you pull up next to the officer and say the reason he cant catch you in your car is because its full of heroine? What happens then?

Do you mean a female hero? :angel:

Currently carrying means the car's driver is presently committing a crime that is probably a felony. I imagine the judicial system handles crimes admitted to that are felonies vs misdemeanors is probably different. But, it also, probably has to do with the statute of limitations. But, sporting authorities don't seem to believe in a statute of limitations, except for maybe the PGA Tour. #golfclap

When did Vijay say he took the deer antler? I can't remember.

Bad hypothetical. The law punishes for marijuana possession, not use. Sports punish for use.

He admitted to using a prohibited substance. Except when you are a powerful and influential member of the sport (apparently) this one is as simple as it gets.

The guy that got banned a few years ago needs to find himself a creative and vocal attorney.

So, an athlete can have Deer Antler in their locker. But, as long as they don't test positive, they are in the clear. I am probably okay with that. In a court of law, it would be considered circumstantial evidence, correct? Only a failed test would prove the athlete is using it.

All BS. If you won a major the PGA will fluff the rules. This has been a bad freakin year but come on guys don't let the gray areas get in the way. Vijay and Tiger should be ashamed. Sad state of the PGA.

So, an athlete can have Deer Antler in their locker. But, as long as they don't test positive, they are in the clear. I am probably okay with that. In a court of law, it would be considered circumstantial evidence, correct? Only a failed test would prove the athlete is using it.

According to PGA rules, admitting use of a prohibited substance is the same as a failed test.

Back