Official 2013 THP Golf Outing & Demo Day Details - The Ultimate Weekend of Golf

They guarantee it is one of the top 5 rental car companies, Budget, Avis, Hertz, National, Enterprise. They cant control where the rental places are, varies by airport. Detroit, Denver, Cincinnati, Cleveland, KC, Vegas, etc have all of the rental places offsite and force you to use a shuttle. FWIW, Hertz was within walking distance at MCO, but its a bit of a hike (especially with your golf bag in tow).

Got it. Thanks.

I don't mind a shuttle at all. That's pretty much the norm. But, I don't want to get stuck with a smaller rental company that is miles from the airport. Getting to the rental place usually isn't an issue. Getting back to the airport often is.

I would like to hear more.

Thanks for the heads up on the rental car as I think my dad and I will be getting one lined up today or tomorrow. FWIW I've gotten really good rental car deals from Costco in the past too.

I would like to hear more.

Are you going to be able to play? Broken wrist, insides on fire?
I mean maybe you should wait for the following weekend. :D

Are you going to be able to play? Broken wrist, insides on fire?
I mean maybe you should wait for the following weekend. :D
Please, dude. Wrist is much better, stabalizer for a week or so, cortisone injections helped too.

Im good to go, no worries.

Im not a backer-outer.

They guarantee it is one of the top 5 rental car companies, Budget, Avis, Hertz, National, Enterprise. They cant control where the rental places are, varies by airport. Detroit, Denver, Cincinnati, Cleveland, KC, Vegas, etc have all of the rental places offsite and force you to use a shuttle. FWIW, Hertz was within walking distance at MCO, but its a bit of a hike (especially with your golf bag in tow).

Got it. Thanks.

I don't mind a shuttle at all. That's pretty much the norm. But, I don't want to get stuck with a smaller rental company that is miles from the airport. Getting to the rental place usually isn't an issue. Getting back to the airport often is.

I actually like Orlando's airport for that reason, the car rental places are almost all at the airport, in a parking garage that is directly across from the baggage claim. It is a little bit of a walk from the baggage claim, but you don't have to get on a shuttle with the golf travel bag, which is always a pain for me. On the return end, it's much nicer because you don't have that long wait for a shuttle to take you to the terminal since you're returning the car basically at the terminal.

Please, dude. Wrist is much better, stabalizer for a week or so, cortisone injections helped too.

Im not a backer-outer.

Just to be safe, I'm calling dibs on a staff bag (maybe two) if you don't make it. :Alien

(Seriously, hope you get better. Rough go of things the last week or so.)

Just to be safe, I'm calling dibs on a staff bag (maybe two) if you don't make it. :Alien

(Seriously, hope you get better. Rough go of things the last week or so.)
I'll be ok. Apparently I'm not drinking enough Rum.

Im not a backer-outer.

good good

Does Priceline guarantee an in-terminal rental car company? I'm always leery about getting a really cheap price on a car rental place that is five miles off site.

There are several at the airport, and then there are some that require a shuttle to take you there as it's just outside the terminal. Usually the airport has a shuttle running back and forth to get you there.

On another note, I'm seeing rates as low as 8-10 dollars per day if one is willing to take a shuttle. It jumps up to 15-18 per day on airport.

Bridgestone outing thread has been updated.

Awesome news about the Bridgestone Contest!

So close, yet so far away.

A week and a day and I'll be Florida bound. So excited.

I can't believe I'm shipping my clubs TOMORROW! Time is flying by for me.

I can't wait to meet you all

I have read some of the posts in the this thread and had to say....

For those who will be experiencing the Outing for the first time I can only recommend you take a deep breath before you get out of your car that first morning because everything from that moment during the entire weekend will take your breath away. These are always a blast and enjoy every moment. For those returning you know what to expect but I'm sure JB and GG will still blow your minds again this year. Unfortunately I will unable to join everyone this year but will be there in spirit and hope to see you at next years event.

SMG

Sorry to hear that you will not be there Keith.

I think its time to start unleashing some more news on this huh?
This weekend is full of surprises as of now.

Love seeing this^^^

Im not a backer-outer.

Dude, do not ever say back and out in any form of the words around me. Just some bad mojo there

Bridgestone outing thread has been updated.

Sweet! Love seeing the competition side coming to fruition this year

With the outing next week, I see a trip to TJ Max and Marshall's in my future. I always can find some cute clothers for golf for cheap at the least an outfit for the dinner.

With the outing next week, I see a trip to TJ Max and Marshall's in my future. I always can find some cute clothers for golf for cheap at the least an outfit for the dinner.

I told my wife I needed to hit up the golf store for some new clothes too. She was surprisingly ok with it.

I told my wife I needed to hit up the golf store for some new clothes too. She was surprisingly ok with it.

ddec likes when I go on these shopping trips because I always end up buying him something. I think something is wrong with that since he has more clothes then me.

QUESTION:

If you need an earlier Tee Time on Sunday, OR can't play at all on Sunday because of a flight, please let me know via PM ASAP, because we are working on the teams now.

Thanks!

I think its time to start unleashing some more news on this huh?
This weekend is full of surprises as of now.

I love it, now the excitement begins to really grow.

ddec likes when I go on these shopping trips because I always end up buying him something. I think something is wrong with that since he has more clothes then me.

we shall go tonight. done

Very cool news on the Bridgestone competition. That should be fun!!!

Just confirmed I'm paid in full. I know it's not long now, but it still can't come soon enough!

After 15 years of working for Eddie Bauer my wife has way more clothes than I do. She would come home with bags of stuff and try and cover it up by saying she bought me a shirt, which was true, but what is in the other 3 bags. haha

Back