What do YOU want to see in 2014 THP events??

I know myself and many others in the UK would be very keen to see a proper event held in the UK. Although we do fully appreciate this involves The Hackers Paradise going “international” I think a fully supported event in the UK or Ireland would be hugely popular.

I know myself and many others in the UK would be very keen to see a proper event held in the UK. Although we do fully appreciate this involves The Hackers Paradise going “international” I think a fully supported event in the UK or Ireland would be hugely popular.

So do we and it is something we talk about frequently. However as it stands right now, there are just no where near enough Albatross Club members to come close to filling the spots needed.

Can you explain? Each event we have hosted this year so far has been sold out. Do you mean more spots than 32 at Invitationals?

I was speaking more towards the Illinois invitational. I really want that event sold out.

In general, it's not something that THP can do. But I want to see more excitement for these events than they already have. I want to take the excitement to 11.

Length: I like the 1 day events like the invitationals a lot. They typically turn into 2 day events anyway for those who can but they're a great quick get-a-way that allows you to take a break from your busy daily schedule and then get back to life afterwards. That being said I sure like the longer events as well so I'd hate to see them go away!

Location: Obiviously the closer to the Midwest the easier it is for me to make it but I do like trips to places like Myrtle Beach, Orlando and VEGAS baby!

Courses/cost: I can play a regular course every day of the week. I'd rather pay a little more and play something exclusive or top notch quality for a THP event. And $99 is completely acceptable for a course if it delivers up to the lofty expectations of a higher priced course.

Prizes: The prizes have been AWESOME so far in the invitational series. Love it!!

Demo Clubs: I don't know. I think it's cool but if if weren't an option I'd be ok with it. When THP'ers get together there is a ton of demoing that goes on just by trying stuff out of each other's bags too. THP'ers love their gear!

The Illinois Invitational will be my first event, but I'd love to make it to several more in 2014.

1 day events are more likely to work for the next few years due to young children. Under a 6 hour drive is realistic for me. Otherwise, it probably wouldn't happen unless I were able to line it up with a work trip. Our vacation budget is dedicated to trips for the whole family.

Regular courses are fine for me. In fact, they are most likely better than what I'm used to anyway. $100 is fair for everything an event can provide, but wouldn't want to go much higher.

The prizes so far have been awesome! Maybe more winners (side contests, raffles, consolation, etc) even if that meant some less valuable offerings. I'd rather walk away with a dozen balls than nothing, you know? Also, it would be cool to see other game formats to spice it up and give more players a shot at competing.

Demo-ing clubs is really icing on the cake for me. Very cool, but not a deal-breaker if it weren't available.

I can't wait to see what's in store after all that I've seen so far in 2013. You guys keep raising the bar! I'll support the community in any way that I can.

Length of Events:

I prefer one day events. It makes it easier on my not having to pay for lodging.

I prefer local events, as I don't have a large travel budget at all.

Courses/Cost:

While teeing it up at regular courses with THPers is an absolute blast, I like having events on nicer courses. I don't play many nice courses so playing them a few times a year with THPers is awesome.

Prizes:

The prizes this year have been phenomenal.

Demo Clubs:

I really enjoy having demo clubs there, though it isn't a big deal if there aren't. I didn't hit demo clubs at 2/3 Invitationals I've been to but I still had an absolute blast.

The Illinois Invitational will be my first event, but I'd love to make it to several more in 2014.

1 day events are more likely to work for the next few years due to young children. Under a 6 hour drive is realistic for me. Otherwise, it probably wouldn't happen unless I were able to line it up with a work trip. Our vacation budget is dedicated to trips for the whole family.

Regular courses are fine for me. In fact, they are most likely better than what I'm used to anyway. $100 is fair for everything an event can provide, but wouldn't want to go much higher.

The prizes so far have been awesome! Maybe more winners (side contests, raffles, consolation, etc) even if that meant some less valuable offerings. I'd rather walk away with a dozen balls than nothing, you know? Also, it would be cool to see other game formats to spice it up and give more players a shot at competing.

Demo-ing clubs is really icing on the cake for me. Very cool, but not a deal-breaker if it weren't available.

I can't wait to see what's in store after all that I've seen so far in 2013. You guys keep raising the bar! I'll support the community in any way that I can.

That's not a bad idea at all.

Length of Events:

I like 1 or 2 day events best.

An occasional destination event is fine, particularly if it's not the same destination year over year...but if it requires flying, I'm probably limited to one a year. That being said, if it is within 6 hours or so driving, I'll probably be there.

Courses/Cost:

I am spoiled and prefer a better caliber course because sharing it with my THP friends is probably one of the only reasons I would pony up that much for a round. $99 would not be out of line for an Invitational depending on the course. When possible, I prefer to avoid a stay-and-play because, while you all are organizing great deals for what we're specifically getting, in most cases (the Vegas event being the exception), I'd rather find my own room deal that will work within my budget/plans.

Prizes:

The prizes have been terrific, but they are not the reason I attend these events.

Demo Clubs:

It's nice to have, but not one of the major draws in my opinion.

Miscellaneous Comment:

I think it would be interesting at the end of this year's events to take a look at the participants from each event and see how many were locals who attended only that event versus the number of folks that traveled longer distances to hit multiple events. I think this might be telling information to see if the Invitational approach is working to bring THP to the masses, or do you just have a core of 50-100 folks who will try to travel to wherever the event is. Neither is necessarily a right or wrong approach, but the THP crew is expending resources both for the enjoyment of us members but also to help grow the site.

First of all I would like to add that I have not had the opportunity to attend any Events or Invitationals, yet. My opinion is simply based on what I would imagine a THP trip to be like.

Length of Events:

I would love to visit a multiday event and a few single day invitationals. I think that it would be a great to have a combination of the two. With this I feel that either type of event will be great with the group of people we have here.

In 2013 ATL is the only location that is within eight hours of me, therefore any other events require "Vacation" status with my wife. I would love to be able to drive to multiple Events or Invitationals, but I am very limited geographically. I would think destination courses would be great, so long as there is something for my wife to do while I am playing golf.

Courses/Cost:

There are two things I would like to get from visiting an Invitational, THP personal interaction and great golf. The THP interaction is priceless and spending $100 on a course would not be a problem for me. With this being said, I am not sure if the norm for an Invitational has been more or less than $100.

Prizes:

I think prizes would be a nice touch for Invitationals, but the best price is being in that Hall of Fame.

Demo Clubs:

To me this is very important. As I mentioned, I am geographically handicapped. I would love to demo clubs while attending these events, as I have no other opportunities to do so.

Thanks for asking for my/our opinions. From what I can tell you all have been doing a great job over the last few years, and I do not expect the years to come to be any different.

Length of Events:

Do you prefer 1 day events such as the Invitationals and Tour Van Events OR do you prefer 2-3 day events such as the Morgan Cup, THP Outing and the Bridgestone Championship?

I think distance traveled would play a big part in this for me. Although, I imagine any weekend I went somewhere to golf, I'd probably make a long weekend of it and play both days, if not three days anyway.

Do you prefer local events within a few hours of you, or destination events?

Both. Close events are obviously easier for logistical and cost reasons, but events like the Demo Day outing are huge, and we see what kind of distances people already travel for it.

Courses/Cost:

Is your preference "regular" courses in your area and enjoying the company and the event, or do you prefer to experience more "tour level" courses at these events?

With the above question in mind, is $99 or so a fair price for an Invitational dependent on the course?

I absolutely prefer normally priced courses, but for the quality of the courses we're seeing for invitationals, $80-100 is usually a steal given the ammenities, activities, sponsor involvement and atmosphere that splurging a couple times a year isn't too big a deal. Mind you, there are people who play $150-300 courses without batting an eye, while some people try to play at muni courses staying under $30 a round.

Prizes:

So far in 2013, do you like the prizes that have been offered to the Invitational Winners? Yes.

Demo Clubs:

How important is it to you for THP to provide demo equipment at Invitationals and other events?

Just icing on the cake.

I have never attended an outing, but I hope to one of these days. It is hard to travel away from my family very long without getting flack from the wife. Based on that, here are my answers:

Length of Events:

I would say 2 day event at most. Maybe Saturday and Sunday. (depending on how close) Vacation time is spotty at best. Have to fit it in on a weekend.

Unless at or near Disney in Florida (can convince the wife to bring the kid), I would prefer a course within 4 to 5 hours of Nashville at most.

Courses/Cost:

I have no preference on the course. $99 is about as much as I am willing to pay at this point.

Prizes:

Prizes are a good bonus.

Demo Clubs:

Definately have demo equipment. That would be one of the best features.

Some Incredible things are in the works for 2014 and while the details cant be discussed at this time, we need some assistance with future THP events. Please take a few moments and answer the questions below. This along with the information gathered about locations will aid greatly with the planning of upcoming events.

Length of Events:

Do you prefer 1 day events such as the Invitationals and Tour Van Events OR do you prefer 2-3 day events such as the Morgan Cup, THP Outing and the Bridgestone Championship?
I'd like to see a combination of 1-day AND longer events. If I had to choose just one option, I'd say a 2-3 day event because I'd probably be traveling anyway, so multi-day gives me more fun per mile traveled.

Do you prefer local events within a few hours of you, or destination events?
I'm located in Right Next To Nowhere, California so any event would most likely be a destination event.

Courses/Cost:

Is your preference "regular" courses in your area and enjoying the company and the event, or do you prefer to experience more "tour level" courses at these events?
With the above question in mind, is $99 or so a fair price for an Invitational dependent on the course?
I don't require "tour level", just a nice course that is in good repair will do fine. Any cost between about $80 and $125 seems good to me for a daily event.

Prizes:

So far in 2013, do you like the prizes that have been offered to the Invitational Winners?
You mean the winners get more than just bragging rights? (The prizes you've offered have been great, and I'm sure there would be participation if no prizes were awarded at all.)
Demo Clubs:

How important is it to you for THP to provide demo equipment at Invitationals and other events?
I guess medium important. I wouldn't necessarily expect it at a single day event, but some demo gear and access to a launch monitor is such a nice perk that it sure would be appreciated. For multi-day events, I think having a portion focus on launch stats and some demo gear would really be nice.

Again thank you in advance for helping out with this, its really appreciated.
And thank you to all the staff and volunteers at THP for being awesome and committed to this group of golfers.

*****everything I'm about to say could change after this weekend!*****

Length of Events:

I love the idea of both. Multiple one day events and then a couple multi day events.

From a very selfish stand point, location is the worst for us on the west coast. Las Vegas is the only thing remotely close and still a 6 hour drive. I understand there aren't a lot of Utahns on here but those of us that are here, wouldn't mind driving a little. (At least that's the feeling I get)

I've played golf in a few different states and Mexico. Utah golf can be absolutely gorgeous in our mountains! We have a 36 hole course called Wasatch mountain state park. It rivals most country clubs around here. They really know what they are doing. Cost to play: $45 or so with cart! Do an event during Swiss days and the whole family has something to do.

Courses/Cost:

Again from a selfish stand point, I love tour quality, tough courses. I'd gladly pay $100 to play the good stuff.

Prizes:

Prizes are amazing!

Demo Clubs:

I love hitting new clubs just for fun but wouldn't sway me either way on a one day event. Multi day events it would be nice to have them if jb and gg are going all out already to provide us with such amazing opportunities.

My hope is to get more support from us here on the west coast. I know how hard it can be to pack everything up and take 2-3 weeks out of jb and gg's time to do a west coast swing. Maybe west coast gigs don't need all the demo stuff for now. Just an idea?

I enjoy how it is now to be honest and I can imagine any changes would be for the better. Only thing I would like to see is something like Vegas on the east coast, not just the outing and obviously the Morgan Cup is selection based.

Length of Events;
  • I like how it is now. The 1 day regional events are great, but having a few "stay and play" options are needed as well. For me, this year, I will be doing 3 stay and play type events, and unfortunately due to travel will miss out on the 1-day events. Location for the 1-day events is critical for those that are making it a quick trip, and the easiest for me would be Atlanta Invitational, which still would require 2 days set aside for driving (if not flying).

Location;
  • Destination events are fun, especially with them being longer, multi-day events. How often do I get to have a weekend trip to Myrtle or Vegas? If it were a 1-day event, than location plays a much larger role, for sure. South-East US works for me as far as location goes, but really any with enough time for travel plans, I could make anywhere work.

Courses/Cost;
  • Purely dependent on location, IMO. Obviously price comes in to the equation for me, as 2 rounds of golf at top courses could easily add $300 on top of things. Keeping prices reasonable is a nice thing to have when budgeting for trips.
  • For a one day, $99 wont kill the budget. But, I think a number closer to $75 is more reasonable when looking at a group rate. Again, course dependent.

Prizes;
  • Prizes have been awesome this year! I know some mentioned some smaller prizes and what not, but most of the invitationals have offered balls and hats as well. I think it's good the way it is.

Demo Clubs;
  • Yes, I think it's important to have some Demo Clubs there. Gives some folks a chance to try equipment on a range, etc rather than in a hitting bay or off a mat.

Length of Events:

1-day event. On a Saturday so those that may wish to stay another day and set up another round can do so.

Within 2-3 hours of central GA. ATL is not central GA. I'm talking from East Alabama to the Augusta/Savannah coast and ATL down to Valdosta/maybe Jacksonville.

Courses/Cost:

Courses are usually nicer than what I can find in my neck of the woods, so I ain't complaining there. Prices under 100, too, for everything.

Prizes:

Whatever. Never would have complained about the fine offerings at past events.

Demo Clubs:

Due to the size of the new tour van, I'd say only the latest/greatest and most sought after items to hit. But it's kind of tradition for THP to bring the demo sticks.

Length of Events:

I prefer 1 day events, especially if it's the destination is drivable. However, if it's going to be it will take a bigger expense to get there, I would prefer a 2 day event.

Vegas will be my first and only event this year and I can probably only make it to 2 events next year, maybe 1 local and and one destination event.

Courses/Cost:

99 bucks is a good price for me. As for courses, I don't necessarily require tour level but a more upscale course than the muni I play now would be greatly appreciated.
Prizes:

Although the prizes this year have certainly been drool worthy, I've heard that playing with other THPers is not such a bad consolation prize (I hope to find that out in September).
Demo Clubs:

Not that important but it certainly would be a nice experience.

Again, I can only imagine the work that must be required to organize these events. Thanks THP for giving us these opportunities.

Length of Events:

I like the 1 day events but also it can be made longer if others are willing to meet up for rounds. For me this depends on location, if I go for a destination event I would like at least 2 days so I could have the chance to explore the area if I had not been there before.

​I would love to go to a destination event but I would want my better half to join me so we would have to do some planning and logistical stuff to make that work. Depending on the distance I could do a Invitational 1 day event but it would have to be less than 6 hours away.

Courses/Cost:
I think the 99 range is very reasonable and wouldn't mind paying a little more to play a nicer course.

Prizes:
Awesome! I think I would go and play event if there were not prizes the hat and range balls is more than enough for me. If you win it is just icing on the cake, the real prize is playing golf with people who love it as much as I do.

Demo Clubs:

I honestly think this is cooler than the prizes. I really enjoyed hitting clubs that are new to me and it gives me a chance to see if they could be potential purchases for me. In addition hitting of a grass range outside and not inside on a monitor is a huge deal for me, I want to see how the clubs would perform on the course.

Thanks Mike for asking us our opinion it is so great to be able to contribute to future events. Thanks again Mike for all of your hard work! We all appreciate it.

Length of Events:

I like the multi day events.

I would like to continue doing what we do now. I went to a DFW event and am heading to the Demo Day event.

Courses/Cost:

I would prefer to play better courses. Even if they are private.

$150 for a round is more than reasonable for a great venue.

Prizes:

I think the prizes are great. I would like to see prizes for 1-3 or something similar.

Demo Clubs:

Demo Clubs are not a big thing for me. That's what Demo Day is for.

Length of Events: I prefer one day events except for the destination events such as the THP Outing or the Vegas event.

Location: Both. I hope to participate in one destination event next year. Hopefully in Florida.

Courses/Cost:I prefer tour level for the experience. Yes. $99 is fair for what is offered.

Prizes: Sure do.

Demo Clubs: I think it's a great idea for those still looking at improvements to their bag. I'm happy with my current set up but would enjoy trying other products.

Length of Events:

Whether the event is 1 day or 3 days, I end up playing the whole weekend anyways. So even with 1 day events, there are enough THPers to play the day before and after. It's probably easier for some if it's just a 1 day event.

I prefer within a few hours of me. Hopefully someday, I'll be able to have the time and a little extra money to attend some of the destination events.

Courses/Cost:

I prefer nicer courses, and so $99 is just fine with me. I have plenty of low quality courses around me if I wanted to play those. Part of the fun for me is getting to walk on a nice course that I've never played before.

Prizes:

I think the prizes are just fine this year.

Demo Clubs:

It's not important to me. Don't get me wrong, I like having the clubs there to take a few swings and try some things out, but two things make it unimportant to me. First, I'm there to play with fellow THPers, and make new friends and just enjoy golf with other golf crazy like me. Second, I usually only demo clubs when I'm looking to buy new clubs. I don't have any clubs that I'm shopping, so I probably wouldn't try more than a club or two out.

~Rock

Length of Events:

I'm open to either 1 day or 2-3 day events.

1 day events would work if its within a few hrs of driving. If there is a destination event (2-3 days), I wouldn't mind flying the distance.

Courses/Cost:

Cost isn't a concern of mine depending on the quality of the club. As far a it being $99 for an invitational would be a fair figure.

Prizes:

The prizes given for 2013 are great.

Demo Clubs:

Demo clubs is not a draw for me to go to an invitational. If they're available to demo, that would be cool too.

Length of Events:

Do you prefer 1 day events such as the Invitationals and Tour Van Events OR do you prefer 2-3 day events such as the Morgan Cup, THP Outing and the Bridgestone Championship? Both! But personally from a family point of view, the 1 day events are great and easier to attend. But having a few 2-3 day'ers spread out through the year is a great option to have for me.

Do you prefer local events within a few hours of you, or destination events? Local first, then destination 2nd. Love the idea behind the Vegas outing. Make it places where there is something to do after the golf.

Courses/Cost:

With the above question in mind, is $99 or so a fair price for an Invitational dependent on the course? I am flexible on cost, but like a few others have said, will pay more $$$$ if I know the course is going to rock!

Prizes:

So far in 2013, do you like the prizes that have been offered to the Invitational Winners? They have been great!

Demo Clubs:

How important is it to you for THP to provide demo equipment at Invitationals and other events? I think that's what the demo day outing is for, so with that in mind, not important for the Invitationals.

Length of Events: Do you prefer 1 day events such as the Invitationals and Tour Van Events OR do you prefer 2-3 day events such as the Morgan Cup, THP Outing and the Bridgestone Championship?
I like the one day invitationals

Location: Do you prefer local events within a few hours of you, or destination events?
Within in a few hours so driving is an option

Courses/Cost:Is your preference "regular" courses in your area and enjoying the company and the event, or do you prefer to experience more "tour level" courses at these events? With the above question in mind, is $99 or so a fair price for an Invitational dependent on the course?
Any course in good shape

Prizes: So far in 2013, do you like the prizes that have been offered to the Invitational Winners?
The prizes that have been offered are amazing but not necessary, I'd show up just to play a round with other THPers!

Demo Clubs: How important is it to you for THP to provide demo equipment at Invitationals and other events?
Some clubs to hit are nice, but certainly doesn't have to be an extra ordinary amount.

Length of Events:
I prefer a 1 day event for things like the invitationals. THP has done a great job on deciding which events should be longer/shorter IMO. Also, it seems like the 1-day events would have more participation assuming locations are similar.

I prefer local events, within a 6 hour drive, or so. I've got to ball on a budget :)

Courses/Cost:
One thing that I think is shows in EVERY event done is that the people setting up the events know how to get fantastic deals on golf for the most part. With that said, I do not mind at all splurging a little if the course is really awesome.

Prizes:
Prizes have been phenomenal so far and continue to get more awesome! They just make the events that much better

Demo Clubs:
Not a deal-breaker, but it would be nice to have more lefty stuff to demo. I understand that it is hard to swing that sometimes though.

Back