Recap & Picture Thread - 2013 THP Outing - The Ultimate Weekend of Golf

So I learned earlier today never to subscribe to a thread through tapatalk as it will default to send an e-mail immediately on every new reply....... 50 emails later I was finally able to changed it to never..

Some great recaps by all, and definitely some great memories.

Watching Freddie work his magic on the launch monitor with different people was very cool to see. He was fixing swings and getting optimal results. FK is the swing doctor!

I want to start out first by saying THANK YOU to Josh and Morgan. I can't imagine the amount of work that goes in this weekend.

I arrived at Reunion Wednesday night and met Yorkem(Anthony) and his wife Di, along with White Rhino(Gordon). It was nice just to sit and relax and learn all about these people.

Thursday morning I played with JJMorris, DLeavitt and Golf4Life. I had a blast playing with these guys even though I think they drove the ball by me by miles and miles. The bird squawking in the middle of G4L's back swing on his putt was priceless. I don't know if I have seen someone jump out of there shorts in the middle of a putt.

The afternoon round I was paired with Dleavitt again and rtparty and J4U. Dan I hope you are feeling better and can get back to golf soon. I will always remember the hole you put in that house on your drive. Rtparty has a great swing and can hit his 3 wood a ton. J4U you were a blast to play with.

Friday demo day was awesome like always. I love being able to hit all these clubs on the range and get a true idea of ball flight and distance. I really liked the Callaway X Hot Pro Irons and almost bought them at the beginning of this year(glad I didn't). I couldn't justify spending the money when I had just bought the Ping I20's last year.

Like always I got on to the launch monitor and proceeded to not be able to hit a drive at all. It is usually the one constant of my game is hitting a drive 220 yards and straight. You put me on the launch monitor and it all just disappears. I was surprised by the ball fitting and was give the B330S, a ball that I would not have ever picked to hit. I played it Saturday and Sunday and love the way it feels around the greens and off the putter.

Friday night at Dinner, I again spent all my money on tickets for a chance not only to win a prize but to support THP. After winning 2 prizes last year, I didn't figure my name would be called this year. My name was called early and often and I felt all the hatred in the room. Luckily I won on my first time and was able to pick the Callaway X Hot Pro Irons that I loved so much. My name was called 2 more times and the wheel felt the boo's as I was unable to land on the winner square.

More to come later.

So I learned earlier today never to subscribe to a thread through tapatalk as it will default to send an e-mail immediately on every new reply....... 50 emails later I was finally able to changed it to never..

LOL, I will remember this for the future.

Love the recaps and all the pics are simply amazing!

I'll get my recap up later, as I have a feeling it's going to be wordy. However, this is the video I got of Wake and JMan on the 18th at the Palmer course. I'm still working on the tee shot of Buck on the same hole.

My mind is still blown by that. ONE TAKE FOLKS!!

I'll get my recap up later, as I have a feeling it's going to be wordy. However, this is the video I got of Wake and JMan on the 18th at the Palmer course. I'm still working on the tee shot of Buck on the same hole.

That was awesome!!!!

I'm not going to lie, I'm really impressed with James and myself after seeing that video. There was all of 10 seconds prep for that video. As it turns out mine and Jmans tempo are dead on. If you could have seen the balls you would be even more impressed, two beautiful ball flights. If either one of us had bothered to aim before swinging we would have both split the fairway.

wheres my video? haha prob having problems since you changed the angle... i def want a copy of that. what a fun 7some on the last 3 holes

I'm not going to lie, I'm really impressed with James and myself after seeing that video. There was all of 10 seconds prep for that video. As it turns out mine and Jmans tempo are dead on. If you could have seen the balls you would be even more impressed, two beautiful ball flights. If either one of us had bothered to aim before swinging we would have both split the fairway.

Damn skippy, it was AWESOME. Had we both split the fairway though people's heads might have exploded. What a freaking blast.

wheres my video? haha prob having problems since you changed the angle... i def want a copy of that. what a fun 7some on the last 3 holes

Haha that's exactly the problem. I started in vertical and thought the video would convert horizontally without turning it off. Whoops.

What a weekend. Was truly a whirlwind. This was quite a lot for me to take in being a first timer, and being as shy/socially awkward as I am. Everyone was great though and people really helped set me at ease.

I met so many people at the meet and greet, and remembered some of their names. Hell of a tough time remembering both forum names and RL names. Ryan (War Eagle), introduced himself to me and me to others. He really helped me feel as much at ease as I could in one of my most nervous times. I truly appreciate that. It was all a bit overwhelming meeting so many finally. I was also nervous about making it back to pick up Annihilator at the airport. Overall though, it was freaking awesome how everyone just took over the bar area downstairs once everyone decided to try to get some food. I really enjoyed the time there.

Demo day Friday was so much fun. All the folks in LoudMouth were great to see, and it really wasn't anywhere near as bad as it was made out to be in the LM gear (to my surprise). I spent some time on the launch monitor with JB (thanks again boss) and hit all the lefty gear I could. I have a serious mizuno pondering now as they felt amazing. The bridgestone ball fitting was a very cool experience, though I feel bad for all those that had to wait so long. I had a blast watching everyone trying stuff and especially seeing the folks trying the lefty drivers upside down. Holy hell those guys were spanking it. Some of them even tried to hit straight up lefty. Now that was entertainment. I tried hitting a covert driver right handed. Whiffed one and actually made contact the second time. Was surprised I actually hit it.

The banquet food was pretty darn good and the conversation awesome. One-T is a seriously hilarious dude. Had me cracking up a lot. I got to sit next to the asian mafia, which was quite the honor. Wheel of destiny was as brutal as could be. I got lucky enough to have my number called, and I landed on a winning spot. I chose the SCOR wedges, which are seriously awesome.

The round on Saturday I was paired up with BMWNola (Anthony), and playing with Arydolphin and Bogey317. I was SO nervous it was ridiculous. The guys were awesome to play with and we had a lot of fun. I played horribly but Anthony kept reminding me just to have fun. I had a blast and enjoyed every bit of it (even the waste bunkers) even though it was one of the worst rounds ball striking wise I've ever had. I think putting was about the only thing I did half way decent on the round. It was still a blast and I'm so glad I got paired up with those guys. Thank you each for making it a memorable round.

After the round I met up with Cpljohnst and Flydigital for 9 over on the nicklaus course. There were places on this course I felt like I was at a theme park ride going across the bridges. Saw random turtles and strange birds. Was really neat. I still was driving like crap, but had a lot of fun with these guys. I owe you both a couple drinks one of these times. I won't forget!

Rob's wife made an AMAZING spread for the villa crawl. I ate SO much, it was awesome. It was a blast seeing everyone come through and check out everything. Clearly the beverages were flowing and it was the same at our villa with PMOA's stoli slushy recipe. Man those were good.

The travel and lack of sleep hit me hard this night and I crashed hard. I had an 8:20 with Cpljohnst, TrueFX, JimneyCricket65 the next morning. I ended up sleeping past my tee time for sunday, DOH! Luckily our Villa was right at where the cart path rolled by to the tee on the 10th for both the watson and nicklaus course so I waited for them and joined up for the last nine. I REALLY wish I had been able to get up early enough to make the front nine as I really enjoyed playing with these guys. We had a lot of fun, a lot of laughs and those guys hit some great shots.

Really a great weekend overall despite my inhibitions.

PMOA, man you are awesome and I really appreciate you putting up with me all weekend. Don't forget to send me that slushy recipe. Your smile is infectious and set me at ease many times during the weekend. Thank you.
RoundersRob, You and your wife were so awesome. It was great to share the villa with you. You really strike the ball well. made me feel so inadequate watching you haha. You're a great guy and really glad we shared the villa.
Pirate95, I wish you had been able to get there earlier, but I'm glad you were in our villa. I could listen to your stories for hours, it was so great talking to you.
Arydolphin, you sir, are the man. I really appreciate our conversations and wish we'd been able to talk more. Had a blast playing the round with you and hope we can do it again in the future.
BMWNola, you sir are the epitome of cool. So calm and collected, but how the #$%)* do you swing cross handed like that. it was unsane! haha, so smooth and hit the ball so well with it. Was a pleasure to share the cart and round with you. I appreciate you putting up with my piss poor game. I enjoyed every minute of the round with you.
War Eagle, Thank you more than I can say for greeting me and talking to me. It was great to finally meet you and hang out some.
JimneyCricket65, thank you for a great 9 holes and for being such a great playing partner. You were a blast to watch and talk to. 6 iron out, 6 iron in...great smart golf there!!
One-T, holy crap you are a riot. I laughed so much with you at our table at the banquet, I am glad I was able to be there for that.
JB and Morgan, thank you so much for hosting this event, it was a blast.
Tadashi, you worked your arse off at the demo day helping folks. Did it with a smile as well. You are such a rad person and it was so cool to see you working with everyone. Only wish I could have gotten up there to get some advice. Lord knows I need it. Was awesome to finally meet you.

Still processing everything so I'll have more but wanted to get some of this out there.

There's a new olympic sport brewing!!!

Mind. Blown.

Finally have time to get my recap thoughts for the outing.

First things first, a huge thanks to JB, Golfergal, and all of the people who made this unbelievable outing possible. I arrived Thursday afternoon and after getting settled in to my villa I went up to eleven for dinner and the meet and greet. I splurged and had a great steak and managed to shoehorn a tasty treat down too. I wandered out to the patio area and met a ton of new friends. This is my first THP event, and everyone made an extra effort to make sure I was part of the group.

My villa mates were a joy. Jconn, Jconns dad T2Green and Mrs T2Green you were just a pleasure to share a villa with. I couldn't have asked for better villa mates.

Friday rolled around and I made my way over to the range for demo day. What an incredible selection of clubs, I didn't know where to start. One of my favorite memories was watching Buckjob and Golf4life pound the altitudes. Those 2 just crushed them, all the while JB is giving them holy hell for refusing to consider actually gaming them.

The banquet was a screaming blast. I got to experience the joy of victory and agony of defeat on the wheel of destiny, and walked out with a great prize.

Saturday AM I had my first actual round with THP'ers. Couldn't have asked for a better group to break me in in OneT, Toad, and Pirate95. I was a little nervous but these guys made me feel right at home. I know everyone says that it doesn't matter how you play, but until you actually experience it it is a little hard to believe. To anyone who lets their golf ability or lack thereof keep them from joining in, DON'T. All that really matters is having fun with some great guys. I was thrilled when I actually hit a decent drive off the first tee and could swallow my heart again! I didn't play well, but still had a blast sharing a cart with pirate95 and playing with OneT and Toad. I have one favorite memory from that round. After Toad had his fall he asked OneT what he stepped on. OneT studied the ground and in an absolutely deadpan serious voice told Toad” I see what you stepped on. It's grass”. It was a pleasure to get to tee it up with you guys, and I can't stress enough how comfortable and relaxed you made me feel.

Sunday I had another fantastic group with mward, bogey317 and flydigital. We decided to do a little team scramble mward and bogey vs me and flydigital. Of course after I tell mward I am around a 25 handicap I instantly hit the best shots of the weekend on the first 2 holes. Luckily I came back to earth so they decided I wasn't a lying sandbagger by the end of the round. My partner picked up the slack for me and we kept it close most of the way. My driver was just stupid good most of the round, so at least I got to contribute some, and had an absolute blast.

There are a thousand other thoughts and I know I need to add some more and some special shout outs to a few people. More to come later I am sure.

My trip began bright and early Wednesday morning as Lynne and I headed south to Orlando. We made a short stop in Valdosta, Georgia to visit with our granddaughter and great grandson so the trip was off to a great start.

Our first night we had supper with v.man, Milehighgolfer, J4U & Dleavitt, it was a fun time as we laughed a lot during our meal.

Thursday v.man and I met ATLgolfer and Cpljohnst for an awesome round of golf at Bay Hill. It was great to play a course that I had seen so many times on TV before. We did see one of the best golfers in the world on the putting green but more on that later. The company was great and the round was an absolute blast, Barry has a beautiful swing and Seth seems to always play quality golf. Ken is one awesome cart partner and a very smooth golfer himself. As far as myself I will just say that after that round the first person I sought out Friday was Tadashi to get some help with playing sand.

After the round we checked into Reunion and headed to the meet and greet, the group had already gathered and we really had a great time meeting new people face to face and also greeting so many friends that we already knew. The food was very good and actually very reasonably priced. Lots of stories were shared and again lots of laughter was the order of the day.

Demo day was mind boggling, so much equipment to try out, a launch monitor manned by either JB or Freddie to help each of us out (thanks for the alignment tip Freddie) and then the Bridgestone fitting tent. I actually just walked around talking to people and getting to know more of my fellow THPers for the first 30 minutes. When I started trying out equipment I tried some of each club type, several were very good for my swing. I really liked the Ping Anser 12* driver, The TaylorMade Rocketbladez irons, the Cleveland 588 MT irons and the Wilson D-100 irons. This year I again tried the SCOR wedges and actually liked them a lot, last year I did not hit them well at all. Go figure. The Callaway X Hot fairway wood was my favorite and I like the D-100 hybrid to. Those clubs would make a solid bag for sure. After the putting contest I headed over to the Annika Academy and took the tour. We did meet her sister Charlotta. I was very surprised to find that the price of a 14 club fitting was only $150 and if you buy clubs from them the price drop to $75. The fitting is scheduled for 1 ½ hours but Mark said that it routinely runs a little over that.

The banquet was absolutely awesome, great food and great fun. I happened to be lucky on my one spin of the wheel and now am the proud owner of a set of Rocketbladez, thank you THP and TMaG.

Saturday's round at the Palmer course was with three fantastic guys, my teammate J4U, then the team of Tadashi and the Annihilator. Ben was playing his first ever 18 holes and it was a pleasure to be paired with him. Freddie was helping him with his shots and I told Ben on the 17th tee how much fun it had been to see the improvement from the first tee to the next to last hole. He had several pars and beat his front side by about 8 or 10 strokes. The first time he was in the sand, he listened to Freddie and actually came out, I was impressed to say the least. We are very lucky at THP to have each of these men in leadership roles. J4U is a great guy and I enjoyed his company through out the weekend, he has a great sense of humor and a wonderful outlook on life, he did get busted by the ranger but that is another story.

Saturday night's villa crawl was so much fun from v.man's spicy meatballs to get things started to the security folks not knowing what to do with such a large crowd at the end. Everyone who was not there just needs to read through the thread and if you were there it is a blast to reread. Great job by all of the villas this year and congrats to the winning villas, you guys were exceptional.

Sunday morning came too early but it was back to the course to play the Watson course with jskittle, Wake and arydolphin, all three can bang the ball out there and it was fun watch. I would gladly tee it up with any of the golfers I played with this weekend any time. After the round it was check out and then back to the house in Orlando. This was my second outing and it was hard for me to believe last year at this time that this would actually be better, it was by a good bit.

Thank you to JB,, GG and all of the THP forum leaders for your hard work preouting and then during the outing itself, you folks are awesome.

Home safely and have been relaxing. Recap coming tomorrow, along with some pics and videos.

Hahaha. Whoops! Live and learn.

Home safely and have been relaxing. Recap coming tomorrow, along with some pics and videos.
Glad you guys made it home safely. You guys are both awesome and it was great to meet you!

Sunday I had another fantastic group with mward, bogey317 and flydigital. We decided to do a little team scramble mward and bogey vs me and flydigital. Of course after I tell mward I am around a 25 handicap I instantly hit the best shots of the weekend on the first 2 holes. Luckily I came back to earth so they decided I wasn't a lying sandbagger by the end of the round. My partner picked up the slack for me and we kept it close most of the way. My driver was just stupid good most of the round, so at least I got to contribute some, and had an absolute blast.

25 handicap my left eye. Carl missed maybe 3 fairways all round and when he missed, he was usually just fine. He, Flydigital, and Bogey were awesome to play with Sunday afternoon. We had so much fun and the bad shots were usually filled with laughs and partners picking up the slack for it. I'd play a round of golf with them any day of the week.

Buck, your video is uploading!

What a weekend. Was truly a whirlwind. This was quite a lot for me to take in being a first timer, and being as shy/socially awkward as I am. Everyone was great though and people really helped set me at ease.

I met so many people at the meet and greet, and remembered some of their names. Hell of a tough time remembering both forum names and RL names. Ryan (War Eagle), introduced himself to me and me to others. He really helped me feel as much at ease as I could in one of my most nervous times. I truly appreciate that. It was all a bit overwhelming meeting so many finally. I was also nervous about making it back to pick up Annihilator at the airport. Overall though, it was freaking awesome how everyone just took over the bar area downstairs once everyone decided to try to get some food. I really enjoyed the time there.

Demo day Friday was so much fun. All the folks in LoudMouth were great to see, and it really wasn't anywhere near as bad as it was made out to be in the LM gear (to my surprise). I spent some time on the launch monitor with JB (thanks again boss) and hit all the lefty gear I could. I have a serious mizuno pondering now as they felt amazing. The bridgestone ball fitting was a very cool experience, though I feel bad for all those that had to wait so long. I had a blast watching everyone trying stuff and especially seeing the folks trying the lefty drivers upside down. Holy hell those guys were spanking it. Some of them even tried to hit straight up lefty. Now that was entertainment. I tried hitting a covert driver right handed. Whiffed one and actually made contact the second time. Was surprised I actually hit it.

The banquet food was pretty darn good and the conversation awesome. One-T is a seriously hilarious dude. Had me cracking up a lot. I got to sit next to the asian mafia, which was quite the honor. Wheel of destiny was as brutal as could be. I got lucky enough to have my number called, and I landed on a winning spot. I chose the SCOR wedges, which are seriously awesome.

The round on Saturday I was paired up with BMWNola (Anthony), and playing with Arydolphin and Bogey317. I was SO nervous it was ridiculous. The guys were awesome to play with and we had a lot of fun. I played horribly but Anthony kept reminding me just to have fun. I had a blast and enjoyed every bit of it (even the waste bunkers) even though it was one of the worst rounds ball striking wise I've ever had. I think putting was about the only thing I did half way decent on the round. It was still a blast and I'm so glad I got paired up with those guys. Thank you each for making it a memorable round.

After the round I met up with Cpljohnst and Flydigital for 9 over on the nicklaus course. There were places on this course I felt like I was at a theme park ride going across the bridges. Saw random turtles and strange birds. Was really neat. I still was driving like crap, but had a lot of fun with these guys. I owe you both a couple drinks one of these times. I won't forget!

Rob's wife made an AMAZING spread for the villa crawl. I ate SO much, it was awesome. It was a blast seeing everyone come through and check out everything. Clearly the beverages were flowing and it was the same at our villa with PMOA's stoli slushy recipe. Man those were good.

The travel and lack of sleep hit me hard this night and I crashed hard. I had an 8:20 with Cpljohnst, TrueFX, JimneyCricket65 the next morning. I ended up sleeping past my tee time for sunday, DOH! Luckily our Villa was right at where the cart path rolled by to the tee on the 10th for both the watson and nicklaus course so I waited for them and joined up for the last nine. I REALLY wish I had been able to get up early enough to make the front nine as I really enjoyed playing with these guys. We had a lot of fun, a lot of laughs and those guys hit some great shots.

Really a great weekend overall despite my inhibitions.

PMOA, man you are awesome and I really appreciate you putting up with me all weekend. Don't forget to send me that slushy recipe. Your smile is infectious and set me at ease many times during the weekend. Thank you.
RoundersRob, You and your wife were so awesome. It was great to share the villa with you. You really strike the ball well. made me feel so inadequate watching you haha. You're a great guy and really glad we shared the villa.
Pirate95, I wish you had been able to get there earlier, but I'm glad you were in our villa. I could listen to your stories for hours, it was so great talking to you.
Arydolphin, you sir, are the man. I really appreciate our conversations and wish we'd been able to talk more. Had a blast playing the round with you and hope we can do it again in the future.
BMWNola, you sir are the epitome of cool. So calm and collected, but how the #$%)* do you swing cross handed like that. it was unsane! haha, so smooth and hit the ball so well with it. Was a pleasure to share the cart and round with you. I appreciate you putting up with my piss poor game. I enjoyed every minute of the round with you.
War Eagle, Thank you more than I can say for greeting me and talking to me. It was great to finally meet you and hang out some.
JimneyCricket65, thank you for a great 9 holes and for being such a great playing partner. You were a blast to watch and talk to. 6 iron out, 6 iron in...great smart golf there!!
One-T, holy crap you are a riot. I laughed so much with you at our table at the banquet, I am glad I was able to be there for that.
JB and Morgan, thank you so much for hosting this event, it was a blast.
Tadashi, you worked your arse off at the demo day helping folks. Did it with a smile as well. You are such a rad person and it was so cool to see you working with everyone. Only wish I could have gotten up there to get some advice. Lord knows I need it. Was awesome to finally meet you.

Still processing everything so I'll have more but wanted to get some of this out there.

Glad you came down dude, it was great hanging out. Hope you had an awesome weekend!

Recap, Part II

Villa Crawl

To say that our villa procrastinated a bit on our Villa Crawl preparation is an understatement. We did exchange a few PM's on Monday and agreed on the Woodshed theme. I found a pair of overalls for Ole Gray that Dawgdaddy had loaned him last year for a THP video. I was pretty sure that I could just tell OG to put them on and make an idiot of himself and he would do a good job. I made a few signs Monday night, idrops agreed to bring some banjo music and a small stereo, Flydigital agreed to do the drinks, and mward would bring the paddle. We would decide on food when we got there. I was actually out buying pizza at 6:30 the night of the Villa Crawl! :bulgy-eyes: Talk about stress! Golf came first for our villa but I will admit I was a bit stressed by 5:30 when I was still on the course and had to tell OG we had to get to the store.

3u7uryge.jpg

qahuqyva.jpg

asaqysub.jpg

Ole Gray stood at the top of the steps and "whooped everyone's arse" with the paddle as they entered the Woodshed with banjo music playing in the background. Once everyone was upstairs, Ole Gray proceeded to play his banjo paddle for everyone. There was a lot of laughter and he did an excellent job of being a clown as always. I was relieved that it had gone over as well as it did. I realized at that point that the villa crawl doesn't require a lot of work and money to be successful. Just a little creativity and at least one uninhibited person. LOL

After everyone was gone, we decided we were finished for the night and couldn't make the rest of the villa crawls. Just when we thought everyone was gone, in pops One-T from our balcony. We couldn't figure out how he got there or how long he had been there. He stayed for a few minutes and we enjoyed his visit so much. He's so good at making everyone laugh. Just love the guy! We also had a short visit from our good friends Dawgdaddy and his wife. It was great to spend a little time with both of them as they are usually staying in the villa with us!

We had such a tough time voting for our favorite villa so OG voted for one and I voted for the other that we both liked equally. Turns out they tied and both won! Fantastic job done by all and we had a blast.

Last edited:
Back