2013 Morgan Cup - The Ultimate Amateur Golf Event

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really hope that people take the advice seriously. Long days in the hot sun. More humid than any outing has ever been. Then think about the mental drain which fatigues you faster. Then add all that to the fact that most are not getting wonderful night's sleep and you have a recipe for some people just not having "it" for a match or two. So whether you think you need to or not, think about the team that you are a part of and for this last 60 days, go nuts to be in the best shape you can be in. You will be so much happier that you did.

I hope everyone takes this advice because the week can really take it's toll on your body. I know I am always physically and mentally exhausted come Sunday afternoon.

Fairway woods time for Team Callaway

Not delaying it this time. Bag is set:

Head Chosen – X Hot 3 Deep/X Hot 5
Dexterity - LH
Loft – 13*/19*
Grip - Stock
Length - Standard
Shaft – Matrix 7M3 Black Tie Stiff

I hope everyone takes this advice because the week can really take it's toll on your body. I know I am always physically and mentally exhausted come Sunday afternoon.

I do too Dean. I really hope people take it to heart. For multiple years now we have watched people struggle in the 2nd round on Saturday and definitely Sunday in which they felt terrible because they couldn't help their team. With 60 full days, so much can be done to eliminate that.

I really hope that people take the advice seriously. Long days in the hot sun. More humid than any outing has ever been. Then think about the mental drain which fatigues you faster. Then add all that to the fact that most are not getting wonderful night's sleep and you have a recipe for some people just not having "it" for a match or two. So whether you think you need to or not, think about the team that you are a part of and for this last 60 days, go nuts to be in the best shape you can be in. You will be so much happier that you did.
Volunteers need to think about this as well. We are out in the humidity for just as long if not longer then the guys who are playing. Remember water is your friend.

Imagine how tired the other dudes were from carrying you on their back each match.

I do too Dean. I really hope people take it to heart. For multiple years now we have watched people struggle in the 2nd round on Saturday and definitely Sunday in which they felt terrible because they couldn't help their team. With 60 full days, so much can be done to eliminate that.

You see if every year. Hopefully not as much this year. I know personally I have laid out a plan to not only get my game back in shape, but my body in better shape. 60 days is still a lot of time, but you have to get started. Last year I tried playing 36 holes at least twice a month. If I couldn't get a full 36 in some days I'd warm up on the range, walk 18, and then spend another hour back on the range. Just to get used to taking that many swings. The range part hasn't happened this year due to renovations at my course, but I'm going to start getting those 36 holes in more often so that my body doesn't go in to complete shock.

G'day mate

Dude i'm Irish not Australian :D

Order up

Head Chosen - Standard X-Hot
Loft - 3 wood
Grip - Golf Pride NDMC Whiteout white/blue
Length - standard
Shaft - Project X Velocity in 5.5

If that doesn't get you pumped up, you're probably dead, and that would make you a zombie. If you're a zombie, probably wouldn't be a good idea to come to the Morgan Cup.

Lots of awesome info flowing in this thread today.

If that doesn't get you pumped up, you're probably dead, and that would make you a zombie. If you're a zombie, probably wouldn't be a good idea to come to the Morgan Cup.

Lots of awesome info flowing in this thread today.

zombie golfers are awesome. Leave them alone

Volunteers need to think about this as well. We are out in the humidity for just as long if not longer then the guys who are playing. Remember water is your friend.
Hi Jen. How u doin?

Order up!!!

3 Deep 14.5 mo fos.
STOCK EFFIN SHAFT
...and I'm going to go nuts on fools with it.

zombie golfers are awesome. Leave them alone

I don't do zombies. Zombies and Ring Pops, those are my two bugaboos

Hi Jen. How u doin?

Order up!!!

3 Deep 14.5 mo fos.
STOCK EFFIN SHAFT

I'm doing well you?

I love going for the 3 deep with stock shaft!!

Order placed:

Head Chosen: XHot 3W
Dexterity: RH
Loft: Standard
Grip: GolfPride New Decade Multicompound Black/Dark Blue, Midsize, +2 wraps
Length: Standard
Shaft: Mitsubishi Diamana S+ Blue 72, Stiff Flex
----------------------------------

Head Chosen: XHot 5W

Hi Jen. How u doin?

Order up!!!

3 Deep 14.5 mo fos.
STOCK EFFIN SHAFT

Jman approved. Completely.

Dude i'm Irish not Australian :D

Order up

Head Chosen - Standard X-Hot
Loft - 3 wood
Grip - Golf Pride NDMC Whiteout white/blue
Length - standard
Shaft - Project X Velocity in 5.5

That's a lovely accent you have...New Jersey?

Nice order buddy. I'm going to have to steal that thing for a few swings.

Hi Jen. How u doin?

Order up!!!

3 Deep 14.5 mo fos.
STOCK EFFIN SHAFT

Guy is gonna be going 3DEEP on some fools! You know what I mean?

Jman approved. Completely.
Not only Jman approved but Jman influenced 100%!

It just so happens I stopped at the golf shop today and was visiting their 3 Deep selection then come back to work to a PM that was just taunting me to do it. Then my text message machine starts blowing up from Jman...."3 Deep, DO IT!" Haha.

Order placed:

Havent hit this club or that shaft yet, u hit the S+ before?

Order placed:

Love the 3W and 5W order here Wade, and some stout shaft action too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back