2013 Morgan Cup - The Ultimate Amateur Golf Event

Status
Not open for further replies.
Absolutely.
1. When I walk 18, Im not soaking wet in sweat, shirt untucked, a big hot mess with everything aching.

2. When I get home from playing, im not tired and beat down to the point the day is wasted and I dont want to do anything else.

All joking aside its a night and day difference..so much more energy its not even funny

Fatigue still sets in, but no where near what it used to. I have found that it's easier to get a "second wind" on the course and push through when I get a bit tired. The sun will still take it out of you, regardless of how fit one may be. Staying hydrated is a must, and this was huge for me at the Outing, but also having a clif bar or something like that in the bag to replace some burned calories was a must. I have found that eating well before and during a round will give me a bit of fuel needed to give me that extra burst of energy.

Glad to see it has worked well for you. I know that even in my small loss, it has been great for me and its only getting better.

All this talk of being in playing shape & nutrition is great, but I think the ole hangover hurt more guys in the last few events/outings more than anything. I'm sure its been purposely avoided in this thread, but even the most fit and seasoned guys will be affected. Having ideal eating and hydrating plans are great, but lets also be realistic.

All this talk of being in playing shape & nutrition is great, but I think the ole hangover hurt more guys in the last few events/outings more than anything. I'm sure its been purposely avoided in this thread, but even the most fit and seasoned guys will be affected. Having ideal eating and hydrating plans are great, but lets also be realistic.

While it impacted some there is no doubt those that were not in shape struggled to be a part of the finish. Heck P4B hated it so much he went crazy afterwards and lost a ton. TBT did the same. Its hard to explain what its like getting together for that final round or after round and not having anything in the tank knowing that you could have trained just a bit harder.

The humidity in South Carolina in August is beyond brutal! With that being said, tournament pressure can make ya sweat even more. You guys be careful and stay hydrated!

For those that are familiar with the area we are playing. Was last years weather "normal" or was it unseasonably warm and humid? Like i know this past outing in Florida was less humid than both normal and it had been in past years. Just curious.

For those that are familiar with the area we are playing. Was last years weather "normal" or was it unseasonably warm and humid? Like i know this past outing in Florida was less humid than both normal and it had been in past years. Just curious.

In the South we call August, dog days. I've never seen a pleasant Ausgust in this part of the world, ever.

Huge thanks to GG! This process has been amazing.

I now have everyone's final Cobra-Puma orders, by noon EST today those will be submitted to the company and soon after that your bags will be complete. :smile:

In the South we call August, dog days. I've never seen a pleasant Ausgust in this part of the world, ever.

I beg to differ with OG. Thursday and Friday of that week was near-record high temperatures for that area. Saturday and Sunday were a little better.

I also agree with ddxu, let's not kid ourselves into thinking that people eat and drink "well" during THP events. The biggest problem I had during the entire THP Outing was the first 9 holes that I played on Sunday morning after the Villa Crawl, and that wasn't due to the heat.

Finally, the heat part of things is overblown. You can hit 5 balls on Media Day if you want to do that and then relax under the shade for the rest of it. All of the golf is played while riding in carts, makes it much easier to play 36 holes that way, I don't care how hot it is. Just drink a bunch of water starting on Thursday of that week and everyone should be fine.

I now have everyone's final Cobra-Puma orders, by noon EST today those will be submitted to the company and soon after that your bags will be complete. :smile:

you're the best Morgan! but you already knew that...
exciting times....

I beg to differ with OG. Thursday and Friday of that week was near-record high temperatures for that area. Saturday and Sunday were a little better.

Finally, the heat part of things is overblown. You can hit 5 balls on Media Day if you want to do that and then relax under the shade for the rest of it. All of the golf is played while riding in carts, makes it much easier to play 36 holes that way, I don't care how hot it is. Just drink a bunch of water starting on Thursday of that week and everyone should be fine.

Thursday was by far the worst. i was drenched in sweat after just a round of golf.
and Media day was rough as well, but as the good Dr. says...if you have the will power to resist, you can only hit a few balls and be done. just shoot your promos, spend time in front of the camera, and you're golden.

you're the best Morgan! but you already knew that...
exciting times....

Thursday was by far the worst. i was drenched in sweat after just a round of golf.
and Media day was rough as well, but as the good Dr. says...if you have the will power to resist, you can only hit a few balls and be done. just shoot your promos, spend time in front of the camera, and you're golden.

Every time i was into of the webcam i took a bottle of water from the cooler when i was leaving. It's a good idea to spend time in the shade as well, it really made a difference

Every time i was into of the webcam i took a bottle of water from the cooler when i was leaving. It's a good idea to spend time in the shade as well, it really made a difference

I visited that cooler many times.

One way to make demo day go by more efficiently. Everyone know their stuff. That way when you get to do your promo's you are ready. Have an idea of what you want to say. You can easily rattle through your promos in 10-15 minutes if you know what you are saying.

I visited that cooler many times.

One way to make demo day go by more efficiently. Everyone know their stuff. That way when you get to do your promo's you are ready. Have an idea of what you want to say. You can easily rattle through your promos in 10-15 minutes if you know what you are saying.

good addition.
the nerves will get you regardless, but if you know your shtuff, you can really pound them out quick.

another life saver were the green cold towels they had at TB. those were great to drape over your neck, etc...

whats a hangover? :alien: i know i won't be going crazy drinking down there before any of the rounds. but thats whats vegas is for! from what i heard guys didn't drink much before any of the rounds down there anyway.

All these bags getting filled with some serious club goodness is amazing. Seeing it happen last two years and now being a part is kind of humbling. This whole ride has been eye opening and a learning process.

Win, lose or draw...I am so happy to have been apart of this process with your guys! We may no agree on everything but in the end we are held together by this MC bond. Kinda cool!!

Liking forward to the next two months!

whats a hangover? :alien: i know i won't be going crazy drinking down there before any of the rounds. but thats whats vegas is for! from what i heard guys didn't drink much before any of the rounds down there anyway.

hahahaha.
hmmmm, i heard differently...

I started rehearsing my, "Ken, you can't say that on camera, we can use this now" last night, I'm practicing it about 1,000 times a night for good measure. :alien:

I started rehearsing my, "Ken, you can't say that on camera, we can use this now" last night, I'm practicing it about 1,000 times a night for good measure. :alien:

And "darn it Ken we can't use that one now"

I hit a lot of good shots on Sat that will never see the light of day because of him

All these bags getting filled with some serious club goodness is amazing. Seeing it happen last two years and now being a part is kind of humbling. This whole ride has been eye opening and a learning process.

Win, lose or draw...I am so happy to have been apart of this process with your guys! We may no agree on everything but in the end we are held together by this MC bond. Kinda cool!!

Absolutely Freddie. We're all enjoying the jawing back and forth, but if you will allow me some sappiness, we will always be brothers in the MC. What a special experience we're all going to remember for the rest of our lives.

Well said buddy....it's almost like a fraternity

Well hello there gorgeous!

More pics in the DPC Thread.

a6ajyqer.jpg

Gorgeous Brad!

Dude they are sweet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back