Playing W/ THPers - It's Just That Much Better

Well today I was at my club and while standing around inside "jaw-jaking" about my first round today a guy points to my hat and says " I like you cap" I asked if he knew about THP and he said he is on the forum as MillerTime. Well we introduced ourselves and chatted a bit. He and his buddy Dan were about to tee off as a twosome. I had just completed a round but it was just too good of an opportunity to tee it up with another THPer. They graciously agreed to let me tag alone. I had an absolutely wonderful time with both. MillerTime or Josh as his known outside the forum is a super guy with some serious game. He talked about how great the forum was and he is already planning to attend next years Big Show outing. MillerTime has a great long and short game and he really crushes the irons. Looking forward to our next round for sure.

Another person joined us who was a 15 year old (turns 16 this week) this was a great young kid who I made the mistake of asking if he was going to play from the Blue tees which were 6600 yards. He sort of smiled and said no he typically plays from the Gold (7000 yards) Well it didn't take long for me to see why. He crushed the ball. At one point I asked how far he drives the ball and his comment was typically 290 to 300 but he can put it out 350 if he really needs to. This young man had a total game and I believe he shot 75 or so today. I was impressed to say the least.

You just never know when you are going to run into another THP'er. Another reason to love this site.

Well today I was at my club and while standing around inside "jaw-jaking" about my first round today a guy points to my hat and says " I like you cap" I asked if he knew about THP and he said he is on the forum as MillerTime. Well we introduced ourselves and chatted a bit. He and his buddy Dan were about to tee off as a twosome. I had just completed a round but it was just too good of an opportunity to tee it up with another THPer. They graciously agreed to let me tag alone. I had an absolutely wonderful time with both. MillerTime or Josh as his known outside the forum is a super guy with some serious game. He talked about how great the forum was and he is already planning to attend next years Big Show outing. MillerTime has a great long and short game and he really crushes the irons. Looking forward to our next round for sure.

Another person joined us who was a 15 year old (turns 16 this week) this was a great young kid who I made the mistake of asking if he was going to play from the Blue tees which were 6600 yards. He sort of smiled and said no he typically plays from the Gold (7000 yards) Well it didn't take long for me to see why. He crushed the ball. At one point I asked how far he drives the ball and his comment was typically 290 to 300 but he can put it out 350 if he really needs to. This young man had a total game and I believe he shot 75 or so today. I was impressed to say the least.

You just never know when you are going to run into another THP'er. Another reason to love this site.

That's awesome. I'm liking that the word on THP is getting out to the point where you can run into "random" THP'ers like that. I was just in Golf Galaxy yesterday and the gentleman that was bending my wedges and regripping my putter mentioned my THP putter cover. Said that he isn't a forum member but that he has made it a habit to come to the site when looking for club reviews.

Josh has been up and played with KellyBo and I three or four times already. Him and Dawg usually travel up together. Great guy for sure!

How perfect was that timing? I'm checking in at the clubhouse and I just happen to see someone wearing a THP hat! Keith was gracious enough to endure my mediocre play yesterday and show me around a tough track in Wolf Creek. From the Blues it was a little more than 6500 yards. Most of the courses I play are typically a between 6000 and 6300. When I have to hit driver a lot, it can get ugly and it did, but we had a lot of fun anyways. Wolf Creek is a great layout and it might become my new pre-Braves game tradition. Wish we could've shared the same cart to get to know each other better and talk THP, but there will be other times! We exchanged numbers and we will be teeing it up again soon. I've met some great people through THP and SeeMoreGuy is right up there. All the golf chat, equipment reviews and everything are great, but my favorite thing about this site is meeting other THPers and teeing it up with them. You won't find better company than another THPer, who shares your passion about the game and the site.

And that 15 year old was an amazing player, but I've never been grouped with someone who played so dang slow!

Got to play with a few yesterday:

Niteowl (Aaron) - Just a happy guy through and through. So positive and great energy on the course. "Give me the usual!!!"
capt.dru (Andrew) - Another great laid back attitude on the course and is Mr. smooth with his swing. He can hit a Cell driver a long ways too! Congrats on the 38 yesterday on the back 9!
afwcardinal (Eddie) - Another easy going takes with the golf Gods gives him on a course. Always grinding away and is never out of a hole no matter where he is on the course. Loves to talk golf!
jank1434 (Jacob) - Went stroke for stroke with me yesterday and was a good friendly battle. He wasn't going to let me run away with anything on his watch! Great guy and look forward to our next battle!

Couple others were there but didn't get to play with........till next time!

Agreed Miller Time.

TapAhoy!

Got to play with a few yesterday:

Niteowl (Aaron) - Just a happy guy through and through. So positive and great energy on the course. "Give me the usual!!!"
capt.dru (Andrew) - Another great laid back attitude on the course and is Mr. smooth with his swing. He can hit a Cell driver a long ways too! Congrats on the 38 yesterday on the back 9!
afwcardinal (Eddie) - Another easy going takes with the golf Gods gives him on a course. Always grinding away and is never out of a hole no matter where he is on the course. Loves to talk golf!
jank1434 (Jacob) - Went stroke for stroke with me yesterday and was a good friendly battle. He wasn't going to let me run away with anything on his watch! Great guy and look forward to our next battle!

Couple others were there but didn't get to play with........till next time!

It was definitely a great day of golf with fellow THP'ERS. Doesn't get any better.

Would love to tee it up with THP one day. The closest THP event by me is in CT and with my work schedule, I don't think I'll be able to make it out there. Maybe in the future the THP schedule can swing by Long Island :confused2:.

Couldn't agree more. Played with White Rhino, jimnycricket65, and flydigital over the weekend. Great group of guys. Looking forward to meeting some others.

Forgot to post the pic of SeeMoreGuy and me from Wolf Creek this weekend. Hope we can tee it up again soon!

6xd1wx7.jpg

Today is the New England Invitational. There will be 30 or so THPers playing together and many meeting for the 1st time. There will be smiles, laughs, good golf, bad golf and champions crowned. When we leave this place, we know that we will have met and spent time with friends. Not members of this forum, but friends.

Today is the New England Invitational. There will be 30 or so THPers playing together and many meeting for the 1st time. There will be smiles, laughs, good golf, bad golf and champions crowned. When we leave this place, we know that we will have met and spent time with friends. Not members of this forum, but friends.

I can't wait for today to begin. Between the golf and the dinner afterwards, it will be an incredible day.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk HD

That is so true, I know everyone will have a blast.

Seeing this makes me want Chicago to come that much sooner. Can't wait to meet great people in person.

Today is the New England Invitational. There will be 30 or so THPers playing together and many meeting for the 1st timed. There will be smiles, laughs, good golf, bad golf and champions crowned. When we leave this place, we know that we will have met and spent time with friends. Not members of this forum, but friends.

And no matter how many times you tell someone that hasn't experienced a THP gathering. The only become believers after the fact. It's like taking a child fishing....once they catch their first fish.....they're hooked. Pun intended

[/B]And no matter how many times you tell someone that hasn't experienced a THP gathering. The only become believers after the fact. It's like taking a child fishing....once they catch their first fish.....they're hooked. Pun intended

#stonecoldtruth

Frankly, anything with THP'ers is better, even showers:

negy9u3y.jpg

Or just hanging out with awesome personalities like cardboard Hawk!

du9e4uja.jpg

Sadly though, there are a few strange characters here too:

tunapupu.jpg

Just seeing a post like this makes me think back to the great times I've had at the invitationals I've attended and how lucky I was to have such great partners in Jeff Spicoli and Bear4ever. It makes me want to attend even more Invitationals so I can add more memories.

Teeing it up today with Steel President down at Nemacolin Woodlands Resort. We're playing the Pete Dye designed Mystic Rock course where the Tour has played the 84 Lumber Classic. He told me the greens were rolling at a 12 yesterday, so I expect a diabolical round.

Got in a post invitational round with jlukes, Dev, and mikedean. Absolute freaking blast!

Got in a post invitational round with jlukes, Dev, and mikedean. Absolute freaking blast!

Had a blast today man thanks for making it out today

Played with MWard, wake and his father today. Nasty conditions, but a hell of a round. Love playing golf with those dudes.

Played with DevRickus, ddec, and MoToo in the invitational. Best round of golf (measured in enjoyment) I have had in a looooong time! Thanks guys

On my iPhone T.. T.. Tapatalking away!

Just found out that I am playing with niteowl03 this afternoon. Looking forward to it!

Back