2013 Morgan Cup - The Ultimate Amateur Golf Event

Status
Not open for further replies.
My overconfidence? You're the one demanding sandwiches and making myself useful.

Don't be bashful Rhino, I know all you're trying to do is get me in the Sunday morning singles match. I understand.

i'd like to see that match up! if it happens i want in on that 4some.... upsets are the norm at the MC and anything can happen!

on a side note i'm really looking forward to Alt Shot.... i wasn't sure how much i liked it and i still think i enjoyed the shamble a little bit more but the more i think about my alt shot round the more i think mentally it will be a great test for a lot of people. JB wanted to take the Morgan Cup to another level competition wise and i think alt shot def does that. plus scramble in the morning will get everyone warmed up.

My overconfidence? You're the one demanding sandwiches and making myself useful.

Don't be bashful Rhino, I know all you're trying to do is get me in the Sunday morning singles match. I understand.

wonder if I can make that happen hehe

Dan, that decision is in the capable hands of my captain. If you want it, ask him. I'm sure we'd have a great time out there!!

Dan, that decision is in the capable hands of my captain. If you want it, ask him. I'm sure we'd have a great time out there!!

I have already asked him for that pairing.

Boom. Love the announcements of the formats. Being honest, I'm not a fan of alternate shot, but I'm not worried about it. I'm happy to play whatever format they tell me to and will try my best to get a victory.

Congrats on knowing the formats guys. Alt shot on Saturday afternoon will be awesome and tough...no place to hide anyone, and I know for me, that is when the fatigue of the event set in.

I think that alt shot will be awesome. None of us hit great shots every time so you really will always be in a hole until they sink the putt to close you out. It's going to be awesome!

I have already asked him for that pairing.

Great!!! So very kind of you to do that!!

I wonder if it is head to head singles or 4 person and winner take all the points. If the latter, maybe Freddie and TNolan can join as well. Would be an epic round of good times!!

Great!!! So very kind of you to do that!!

I wonder if it is head to head singles or 4 person and winner take all the points. If the latter, maybe Freddie and TNolan can join as well. Would be an epic round of good times!!

Pretty sure it was announced early on that it would be 1v1 on Sunday.

As the organizer I ponder many things about this event, and some of them I absolutely hate. The amount of backroom BS that goes on about this event is one of them. No response needed or wanted, just wanted to say that.

You guys will embrace alt shot when you get down there and start playing.... as much pressure as there will be during the round with the heat, tempers, mental stress, waiting to hit a ball, tight matches where every shot counts.... team dotcom did a 4 some during the second round in orlando where some of those things came into play and i have to be honest.... Ddec and I still played well and had a good time and i know Jeff and Rhino hit a ton of great shots as well. Plus everyone will be bringing their best games to Myrtle... its hard to replicate the stress and pressure when practicing because its not under the MC competition but i know i was smiling a lot during that round in orlando and at the end of the day you're still playing golf with a bunch of THPers and if you can't have a good time playing with all these great guys in the MC, competition or not and have a smile on your face at the end of the round win,lose or draw... theres something wrong with you. July can't get here soon enough!

This is a great day in golf history with the addition of Alt shot in the MC. Each TEAM will approach this format in different ways. It will be fun to watch this unfold and see how mentally done some with make themselves without even hitting a single shot. Play well gents!

This just hit me.
While we know the formats, we still don't know which courses we'll be playing those formats on.

That could also make a difference in parings for the Captains, couldn't it?

This would be useful to know for practice round scheduling as well.

As the organizer I ponder many things about this event, and some of them I absolutely hate. The amount of backroom BS that goes on about this event is one of them. No response needed or wanted, just wanted to say that.

Disregard.

This would be useful to know for practice round scheduling as well.

I assume you will be playing a practice round on each course. Whether one has two on it or not seems rather trivial to me, but thats just me.

I assume you will be playing a practice round on each course. Whether one has two on it or not seems rather trivial to me, but thats just me.

i'm gonna go out on a limb and say we play one course once and the other course twice!

i'm gonna go out on a limb and say we play one course once and the other course twice!

Cant believe how much smarter you have gotten in the last year

Lol, you're really going out there on that limb! :alien:

One question...how is alt shot going to work with the different golf balls? I mean, playing with someone who plays a completely different type of ball than me. I think that could have an affect on pairings as well.

I guess the ball doesn't really matter, but it will definitely make a difference. That's why I'm curious.

One question...how is alt shot going to work with the different golf balls? I mean, playing with someone who plays a completely different type of ball than me. I think that could have an affect on pairings as well.

I guess the ball doesn't really matter, but it will definitely make a difference. That's why I'm curious.

I think that's a great question Jeff!! With such a variety in player type, that may very well factor in pairings.

They could put a 2 ball rule in effect. So you still have to play your sponsors ball on your shot. But I am not sure.

The three formats are.

Scramble, Alternate Shot and Singles

That's just awesome! Getting close to being here too. Practice practice practice

They could put a 2 ball rule in effect. So you still have to play your sponsors ball on your shot. But I am not sure.

i know for our round i played the Chrome + instead of the black for you because i thought it would suit you better.... it was weird playing another companies ball after playing callaway for so long now. lol

Very simple. Whoever is teeing off that hole, that is the ball that will be used.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back