2013 Morgan Cup - The Ultimate Amateur Golf Event

Status
Not open for further replies.
Be ready to have a great time?

Great time. Great golf and most importantly great friends

Oh and don't forget the beer, the beer is very important

I dont think we can have it during the round... but after the rounds are over.. you bet!!

Nope no drinking during rounds, i'm an athlete i'll have you know

As we are getting really close, just a quick heads up to ANY participant that does not feel he has reached the 18 handicap index requirement, it is URGENT that they let us know now. It is too late to pull someone from the event, but we must make some arrangements in this matter.

If you have not reached it, or do not think you will reach it, please notify your tour rep IMMEDIATELY!!!!

sometimes I feel like an 18 hdcp. haha

If anyone is cutting it close handicap wise, a friendly reminder might help you out some. It's just a game, and a fun one at that. Try too hard and it backfires on you. Relax, go have some fun, and the scores should come down.

If you're close though, it's better to let someone know now and see if you can improve on it. Still plenty of time to get it where you want to be though!

If you're close though, it's better to let someone know now and see if you can improve on it. Still plenty of time to get it where you want to be though!

This without question. There are strict rules in place for a myriad of reasons, and we are so close now, we would need to discuss them with the golfers. Its not about "oh i played poorly out there that round" its about an event that people care a lot about here.

If you are close, or not quite there yet, discuss it with your tour rep and get the help needed. If it comes out in Myrtle, or looks just downright not even close, we will have to make adjustments on the fly, and nobody wants that to their playing partners or opponents.

There is still plenty of time to fix just about anything with the right dedication. We spoke a few weeks back about getting in shape and the final push for this thing. Looking forward to seeing if anybody took that advice to heart, because its a whole different ball game this year.

44 freaking days til Media Day!

Hey :angry: cut that s**t out, your a lean mean point scoring machine. Well em.......

This without question. There are strict rules in place for a myriad of reasons, and we are so close now, we would need to discuss them with the golfers. Its not about "oh i played poorly out there that round" its about an event that people care a lot about here.

If you are close, or not quite there yet, discuss it with your tour rep and get the help needed. If it comes out in Myrtle, or looks just downright not even close, we will have to make adjustments on the fly, and nobody wants that to their playing partners or opponents.

There is still plenty of time to fix just about anything with the right dedication. We spoke a few weeks back about getting in shape and the final push for this thing. Looking forward to seeing if anybody took that advice to heart, because its a whole different ball game this year.
Man, that would be embarrassing.

"so, your done for the weekend, you obviously are not an 18 or even close". haha

I appreciate this post quite a bit. Everyone should be working extremely hard to bring their absolute best to the Morgan Cup. We owe it to our teams, the sponsors, and the guys watching from the sidelines wishing they were there.

Hey :angry: cut that s**t out, your a lean mean point scoring machine. Well em.......
Oh, I know I am a machine. I mean...I went undefeated in my matches at the outing. With some clutch shots. especially the one on 17 with Buck. Buck hit a bomb into an adjacent fairway and he and I had about 75 yards to the green. Hit a knockdown PW which came in hot, popped, and stopped....tap in. thanks! Just sayin!

oh...and a clutch with Freddie on 17. 150 out and I put it to 6 inches. it was alternate shot

Oh, I know I am a machine. I mean...I went undefeated in my matches at the outing. With some clutch shots. especially the one on 17 with Buck. Buck hit a bomb into an adjacent fairway and he and I had about 75 yards to the green. Hit a knockdown PW which came in hot, popped, and stopped....tap in. thanks! Just sayin!

oh...and a clutch with Freddie on 17. 150 out and I put it to 6 inches. it was alternate shot

That's my boy. Get some

I have a feeling 24 people won't be letting you down. Crunch time though, time to see what they're made of!

I can be an 18 one day and a 10 the next...lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a feeling 24 people won't be letting you down. Crunch time though, time to see what they're made of!
24 wont, but one bad egg makes it a little not fun. I have seen it every year. "yes I am an 18 hdcp" but when there...there is NO way they are an 18. people hit bad shots, but some people rarely hit good ones.

I can be an 18 one day and a 10 the next...lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think that's the hard part, without having an established handicap, to know if someone is under an 18 or not? But I think everyone sounds like they are under that mark ok. But what do I know.

24 wont, but one bad egg makes it a little not fun. I have seen it every year. "yes I am an 18 hdcp" but when there...there is NO way they are an 18. people hit bad shots, but some people rarely hit good ones.

I understand that can happen. I hope that's not the case though.

It has and it puts us in a really difficult spot, but one we can handle. Its whether they can handle it that we want to be sure of, because from day 1, we have said that this event would be different than the past and have a slightly more serious tone. This is one of those times when we have to be a little more serious, because none of this goes down without the requirement.

There are 32 participants. Are you saying 8 people will be letting JB down? (just busting your chops Mr. Ward, I know what you meant)

On a side note, my wife just texted me and said another box has arrived! I am guessing hybrids but it could be the 3 Deep and 5 wood too.

Freddie and Wade, those are some seriously gorgeous sticks. My irons arrived today too. Pics coming tomorrow. Ran out of daylight and want to get some natural light on these beauties for the pics.
thanks Italian stallion, yours looks good too

Looking good Anthony! Bet you find lots of greens with them.

Btw.....

<-------------Dont get scared Freddie! But check out my tags.
the only tag I am worried about is 4&2 or 5&4 or 9&7...these are relevant numbers you should try to avoid. Work hard partner

Im looking forward to alt shot.

I think it will be a mentally tough format for many, but I also think it has to be something new and incredible for the Morgan Cup.
You are tough enough, I know this....

bang bang!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back