What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Played 18 this am at Valleywood Golg course shot 42/41 for 83 then played 9 before league and then league for 18. They plugged the greens at my home course. Shot 39/39 for 78 with 5 lipped putts and a bladed wedge which caused a double. Since greens were blah I'm extremely happy. Would have made at least 3 of those lippers if greens were nice. Putted well considering the greens. Everything is coming around. Really starting to blast amp cell!

39/39 =78

Only hit 5 GIR's as I missed left and right a lot on crappy aim. The hour pre round on the short game paid off though as I got up and down like an freak today. I never do that.

Played 18 this am at Valleywood Golg course shot 42/41 for 83 then played 9 before league and then league for 18. They plugged the greens at my home course. Shot 39/39 for 78 with 5 lipped putts and a bladed wedge which caused a double. Since greens were blah I'm extremely happy. Would have made at least 3 of those lippers if greens were nice. Putted well considering the greens. Everything is coming around. Really starting to blast amp cell!

Great shooting buddy

39/39 =78

Only hit 5 GIR's as I missed left and right a lot on crappy aim. The hour pre round on the short game paid off though as I got up and down like an freak today. I never do that.

My THPeeps dropping rounds in the 70s!! Doesn't get much better than that guys, wish I could have been there to witness it.

My THPeeps dropping rounds in the 70s!! Doesn't get much better than that guys, wish I could have been there to witness it.

No you don't, you'd have been out plum bobbing with fools.

Yet another bloody 74 today (3rd in a row, 4th of last 5 rounds). Cap down to 7.1. Sounds like I'm complaining here, and I'm really not, but 9 birdie putts today and only 2 fell; only 2 putts made over 3 feet again. Oh, and one of those was a tap in after lipping out the eagle putt. I'm not putting poorly really, just lipping out a ton (mostly on the high side) or coming up just short. Still no 3 putts though, so there's that. best part is that I was following the ladies night by myself, and b/c I don't want to have them feel rushed, I had my book with me and would read a bit b/w holes; I never once teed off before they were on the green or off the following tee box. I say best part b/c a big part of my consistency problems is losing focus when slow; I've been working on standing behind my ball and visualizing the entire desired shot from strike to landing and it seems to be working. Only a few times did I rush myself, and it was merely annoyance from hitting out of rough that was touching my knee, nothing to do with pace.

40 (+4) today in league. Gusty winds today upwards of 25mph. No excuse, as I was still striking the ball well. 2 putted #9 again from ~6ft to finish with a bogey. AAAHHHH. Flashback to Monday. This was our 2 man match play league night. My bros in law carries a 3 handi and shot a ridiculous 47. Yea, we lost and probably only accrued 2 or 3 pts. Ugh. Need to work extra harder the upcoming weeks.

38 tonight. I didn't play great, but I wasn't 'missing' to the proper parts of the green, leaving some really tough runs at bird.

6 greenies, with three runs that barely missed.
2 bogeys, 7 pars.
Still questioning my tee ball, but I did see some improvement which is a nice sign.

39. Only hit 2 or 3 greens but chipping was better than its been in a while. Was only outside of 1-2 feet par putt range a handful of times. Penalty shots off the tee killed me

We're on vacation in a small beach town so i decided to break away this morning and play their local municipal. It was my first round in 6 years and I shot a 38/39 on a par 71 for a 77. Had one eagle, but quickly followed that up with a double bogey when I hit my tee shot in the water.

Brandon

Very solid round today for me, 69, -2, but the kicker was even par on the par 5's. usually I'm at least 1 or 2 under on the par 5's but just couldn't get up and down for a bird today. One bogey one birdie on par 3's and two birds on par 4's. things are definitely looking up for my 2 man tourney this weekend!

Got out for a range session and some short game work and played 18 holes while I was there

Started a little slow with a double on the first hole because I over cooked my drive and ended up in the water off the tee...but turned it around pretty good. I really hit my irons well today...been working hard on tempo with them.

43/39 = 82
8/13 Fairways
8 GIR
32 putts
1 penalty on the first tee shot.

I actually played the first 5 holes on the back in even par then went bogey bogey bogey to finish with 39

Shot a 42 last night. I play from the blues, the front 9 measures about 3500 yards, the back measures about 33 for 6800 yards. I like that my home course plays long, if I went to the tips it would be 7200. Needed 19 putts. I didn't think I putted all that poorly, I missed a lot of 10-15 footers right on the lip. Was going to play 18 but the back 9 was being used for league, so I just played the front 9 again, but used it as a practice session.

37-38 for a 75. Career low round. Loving it.

37-38 for a 75. Career low round. Loving it.

Great round, congrats.

I played 9 yesterday afternoon and stopped keeping score after 4 and started hitting some extra shots and working on some things.

85 (41, 44) Seems about average for me lately.

42/42=84 at Omni Interlocken for back to back good rounds for me. Perhaps I'm turning a corner with my game.

7 fairways, 6 GIR, 32 putts.

1 birdie, 7 pars, 7 bogies, 3 doubles. 2/3 doubles were 3 putts.

39/40 for a 79. Was really hitting wedges well and putter wasn't bad.

41/43 84 today. A very average day that felt much closer to a 90. My ball striking sucked, but I never really found trouble all day. Just not much to brag about.

I've been sick so haven't played for a month. Shot 95 today. Birdied my first hole; that hasn't happened in a while. Driving was decent for 12holes but crapped out after that. Made 4 GIR today but 3 putted every single one of them and they were my only 3-putts. Still, it was good to be out playing again. Also, it was probably the shortest 18 holes I have played: 3.5 hours.

Last edited:
Shot a nice 42/40. I can't read a green to save my life.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back