Odyssey Sabertooth Heavy Preview

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
By combining a high MOI putter head with a heavy shaft Sabertooth Heavy pushes the boundaries in putter stability. Sabertooth utilizes high-density Dual Fangs to position more weight to the outer-most limits, helping keep the putter on-line during the stroke. The addition of a 140g shaft quiets the hands during the stroke to provide consistent control and engages the big muscles to promote a more pendulum stroke that helps keep the wrists from breaking down.

Peak Stability Design
The Dual Fangs position the majority of the clubheads weight to the perimeter to increase MOI

Added weight raises MOI to give more stability through impact, and engages the big muscles to promote a more pendulum stroke that helps keep the wrists from breaking down

Aiming Channels
Help align the putter to the intended target for better alignment

New and improved White Hot insert
Highly engineered for more consistent sound, feel and performance across the striking surface

30097745_im__________0_gsi

I used to like the Sabertooth putter. So this one is just head heavy, not back weighted like the Tank right?

I'm not a big fan of the Sabertooth head shape, but those shoes do look nice.

Looks nice in the original color.

I used to like the Sabertooth putter. So this one is just head heavy, not back weighted like the Tank right?

Wan to know as well! Interesting, don't know if I like or I'm just in awe?

I was wondering if/when we would see the return of a sabertooth!

Not sure why they went with XG and didnt give it the Versa treatment.

Really thought it was going to be the Versa Tank.

I like the Sabertooth. The #7 worked better for me, but it's a putter I could roll the ball pretty well with.

wish they picked a putter that was a little more different than the #7 tank design.... maybe there will be more to come down the road..... JB do you know the head weight on this yet?

Curious to see what lengths it comes in.

MMMeh.

I always liked the Sabertooth. Color me intrigued.

If this has a 38" option, I want to try it. I'm intrigued.

This should help Keegan Bradley ween himself off the belly putter hopefully...

Really thought it was going to be the Versa Tank.
I was hoping as well, I'm amazed the sabertooth looks the same as the old.

I'm interested. I actually was looking for a sabertooth before I bought my 2ball.

I love the sabertooth name and design.

~Joseph~
Via Tapatalk

This is pretty interesting. I had the Teron White Ice which is pretty similar in design and stability was the best part of it. I would think that putter would be an easier fix for adding more weight to the back for deeper MOI. The only problem I have with the Odyssey putters is the super soft insert and seemed like a slight miss heel or toe really lost all speed.

Just bought this putter after rolling it for about 30 minutes in the store and sinking everything. Can't wait to take it out tomorrow! The headcover even came with an odyssey poker chip inside of it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back