Recap Thread - 2013 Morgan Cup - The Ultimate Amateur Golf Event

Status
Not open for further replies.
Awkward moment of the weekend: if anybody wants to know how nice of a guy Tim the cow is wet is, after our alternate shot match on Saturday in which we played my golf ball, he asked me how many golf balls i wanted because we lost some. I said "dude, Bridgestone gave me six dozen, why would you give me golf balls?"

Crazy Tim. Crazy. Lol

Also, there were so many fist pumps this weekend, and attempted high-fives through fist bumps, that nearly every attempt was a crazy awkward white boy handshake. It was just one of the small stories of the weekend.

This thread will serve as motivation for me. I can buy equipment, I can play golf just about anywhere. I can't have the experience, make the friends, strengthen bonds of friendship or share in anything like this anywhere.

After the streaming is complete, we will have some news (and thread) on the 2014 Morgan Cup, the Ultimate Golf Event.

I heard that.

Also, there were so many fist pumps this weekend, and attempted high-fives through fist bumps, that nearly every attempt was a crazy awkward white boy handshake. It was just one of the small stories of the weekend.
This cracked me up, legitimately laughed out loud.

"Crazy awkward white boy handshakes."

Jordan I'm pretty sure I at one point said Puttin4Bird is, (dramatic pause) well, (dramatic pause) putting for bird..

Jordan I'm pretty sure I at one point said Puttin4Bird is, (dramatic pause) well, (dramatic pause) putting for bird..
That is classic.

After the streaming is complete, we will have some news (and thread) on the 2014 Morgan Cup, the Ultimate Golf Event.

This completely rocks. So excited to see the event coming back in 2014 and I can't wait to see whats in store for the competitors

I'm pretty sure that Puttin4Bird and I exchanged some high-fives that made the Tiger-Stevie Williams high-fives look good.

Work won't care that I'm putting in a vacation request 11 months or so early......will they.

Last night I spent some time going through more coverage. I was looking to see if there was anything of a good friend of mine walking up to the green to a standing ovation and delighted to find it (although it will be tough to use). I was furthermore glad to see that coverage was cut before being thanked by 30 or so THPers from below.

Its a moment that will be forever burned into my brain and one that was not needed. Its something that watching on video would never live up to what I have in my head. Nothing can ever take that away and just typing this I am getting emotional.

That moment there is one of the reasons I prefer being on the other side of it. The members of THP should experience this, not me and it will stay that way. When the celebration ended and we were all mingling and sitting down having food I kept thinking to myself a piece of me had died. The planning of this event for the 1st two years had fallen largely onto GG and this year we did it as a team and it was fun, but I got to see the heartache and work she had been putting into it. At the same time, during that period there was also a rebirth.

An energy so to speak that said these people are your family. Tadashi's words rang true and it was as if I was punched in the gut. Death and birth hand in hand all for the creation of something special. Its a moment that will live with me for a while and it is because of the people here.

I was going through some pictures from this weekend and I found this one. I just might have to make it my avatar on here:

2013-08-02

This is awesome to see!! I notice a word is missing that used to be there.

The possibilities that come with that word being dropped are endless.

YES!!!! Once in a great while that name comes in handy.

I'm pretty sure that Puttin4Bird and I exchanged some high-fives that made the Tiger-Stevie Williams high-fives look good.
Yes we did. It was so bad that we had to have do overs a couple times.

I was going through some pictures from this weekend and I found this one. I just might have to make it my avatar on here:

2013-08-02
GREAT pic!!! This should be on THP, Facebook, twitter....everything!!

I know you never know what the two of them have in store just by dropping a single word.

Like a wave of excellence, the excitement for 2014 begins!!!! That's awesome. The only way to cure the 2013MC hangover.

Last night I spent some time going through more coverage. I was looking to see if there was anything of a good friend of mine walking up to the green to a standing ovation and delighted to find it (although it will be tough to use). I was furthermore glad to see that coverage was cut before being thanked by 30 or so THPers from below.

Its a moment that will be forever burned into my brain and one that was not needed. Its something that watching on video would never live up to what I have in my head. Nothing can ever take that away and just typing this I am getting emotional.

That moment there is one of the reasons I prefer being on the other side of it. The members of THP should experience this, not me and it will stay that way. When the celebration ended and we were all mingling and sitting down having food I kept thinking to myself a piece of me had died. The planning of this event for the 1st two years had fallen largely onto GG and this year we did it as a team and it was fun, but I got to see the heartache and work she had been putting into it. At the same time, during that period there was also a rebirth.

An energy so to speak that said these people are your family. Tadashi's words rang true and it was as if I was punched in the gut. Death and birth hand in hand all for the creation of something special. Its a moment that will live with me for a while and it is because of the people here.

I should elaborate. Devrickus made that comment after the event and I think its pretty spot on.

Like a wave of excellence, the excitement for 2014 begins!!!! That's awesome. The only way to cure the 2013MC hangover.
You got that right, and in true THP fashion I have no doubts 2014 will blow our minds!!!

I'm taking some sick hours today to go home and settle in for this.

Coverage starts next week T0AD! Don't waste those hours yet.

That moment on 18 was top of the heap. Watching our friend walk up 18 was just too perfect.

We aren't standing on 18 applauding you if not for GG and your efforts, vision and selfless acts. You guys rock and deserved that and so much more.

I'm positive that 2014 with be just a cut above the rest. You always find some way to take it up a notch! Can't wait!

i decided to do videos just on what i did while i was there for the most part touching on a few things that stuck in my mind but i wanna do videos for the coverage as well and a video for everyone that was there. but they are already running a little long so i'll work on cutting them down a little bit.

Heres my video for wednesdays events....

[video=youtube_share;esI7-xGmQ5o]http://youtu.be/esI7-xGmQ5o[/video]

I'm taking some sick hours today to go home and settle in for this.

Me too....it's blocked at work which is why I miss 90% of last years....so I took a sick day and I am ready for some awesomeness!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back