Atlanta, GA - 2013 THP Invitational Sponsored By Sligo

I know the tee times start at 10:30 tomorrow, is there any set time that we shouldn't arrive before, or a time when the Tour Van is scheduled to get to the course?

We will probably be there by 9 so anytime after that is perfect, but there is no set time. Just remember we need EVERYONE there by 10am so we can take a picture in front of the van before we start to tee off. Tee times are 8 minutes apart, so make sure you are there on time!

I really like Barry's suggestion for the Wild Wing Cafe on Windward Parkway. Let's try for 7:00.

You just dropped so many notches on my good list.

Any time works for me Morgan. I land at 3ish.

Dev, since you won't be playing golf when you get into town, give us a call we will be around.

Actually, I think I was writing my post so didn't see yours until after I posted. Great minds think alike! I'm in for Wild Wing! 7 to 7:30ish might be best for those of us coming from Olde Atlanta since we'll likely be cart path only.

I was just joking with you. I am going to do it for 7, figuring some can get there early and order an app or something and then people can show up as they are finished with their rounds.

I think I am going to have to pass on dinner tonight. The wife has been feeling pretty overwhelmed with our 3 month old this week. I'm probably pushing it with just golf today.

Well Morgan I am at the mercy of Dans driving and all the other idiots on the road. Hoping we can make it though!

Safe travels to all you guys and gals out there! Can't wait to get to Atlanta!!

Finally! After 3 tries they are caught. Pictures to come

tapt

Nice job Toad!

En route to the Kong compound.

Haven't had WWC in years, I'm so much more excited for dinner!

QUESTION:

I just did some searching and there is a Wild Wing Cafe really close to the Marriott and our hotel. Would people want to meet there tonight? The food is decent, the prices are usually cheap, lots of beer and it's a sport bar so they should have plenty of TV's for people to watch the Braves game. If this works for you please let me know in this thread ASAP and I will call them around 11am to make a reservation, so knowing the headcount is key. What time works best? I was thinking 6:30-7pm?

The address is:
5530 Windward Parkway #800E
Alpharetta, GA 30004

Quoting again so I can get a headcount to make the reservation.

Is someone behind us?

EDIT: It was T0AD, he finally found us!!

Bam

tapt

attachment.php

Last edited by a moderator:
Probably will join y'all at some point at WWC for a drink. Promised my wife we would go to BurgerFi tonight and we probably won't get up there until after 7:00 anyway.

Way to get 'em , T0AD!! I thought about going out to look, but since I am leaving early today I had to stay in the office.

QUESTION:

I just did some searching and there is a Wild Wing Cafe really close to the Marriott and our hotel. Would people want to meet there tonight? The food is decent, the prices are usually cheap, lots of beer and it's a sport bar so they should have plenty of TV's for people to watch the Braves game. If this works for you please let me know in this thread ASAP and I will call them around 11am to make a reservation, so knowing the headcount is key. What time works best? I was thinking 6:30-7pm?

The address is:
Alpharetta, GA 30004

I'm in.

Nice work Toad.

I am going to want to catch that ride to the course with you in the morning if that is still OK. Whatever time you want to head out will be fine with me.

Toad post that in the "if you see it" thead. Not everyone will bounce in here

For those of you playing at Olde Atlanta: just called course to check statius of course.

They are playing 90 degree with exception on 4 & 6 (which are always CPO) and unless it starts pouring again we should be good!

See everyone at 1pm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

QUESTION:

The address is:
Alpharetta, GA 30004

In in in. We have one in Knoxville and I love it!

Great news Mary! That should speed us up a bit and get us to Wild Wing Cafe in time for the 7pm THPer meet up!

QUESTION:

The address is:
Alpharetta, GA 30004

I will keep quoting this.

Thanks to those who have responded so far!

Hey guys. Saddens me to have to say this but I won't be able to make the trip to Atlanta this weekend.

My wife's grandmother has battled dementia for the past few years and lately has taken a turn for the worse. Shortly before the Morgan Cup she was in the hospital and improved enough to be able to go home under the watch of the family and hospice. It was unclear when things might take another turn for the worse but the family was given the weeks to months warning. 2 nights ago things took a more serious turn and it was discussed as days. Last night we went to it would be any moment. Now we are just waiting patiently for this sweet lady to take her final breaths. She is ready to go and it won't be long before she is welcomed to heaven.

Although there is a possibility that nothing happens right away, I couldn't be the husband I strive to be and leave my wife's side, even with her blessing to do so. It wouldn't be fair of me to not be here to support the most important person in my life. I know my THP family will understand that I need to be her for her and her family at this time.

I've spoken with Morgan often over the past week and her and Josh have been nothing but supportive. I wouldn't expect any less but thank you to both of you.

I'm going to miss you guys & gals but will really look forward to the recaps, course photos and more. See you all at the another great THP event soon.

Really sorry that I'm not going to meet you and tee it up with you, Derek. But there will be another time. This is definitely the right call.

Sitting at the cracker barrel near cartersville. Reading thru 5 pages of posts that went up while I was on the road. Didn't think I could get more excited but somehow I am.

Mommas pancake breakfast with my kiddos
Golf with THP
Wild wing cafe
More golf with THP
taco Mac
More golf with THP

What a weekend in store!!

Traffic from TN was gravy. Way ahead of schedule.

Be safe everyone.

Family first Derek. We'll miss you but you're doing what's important.

Hoping the best for you, your wife, and family Derek.

Back