What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Played two different balls over 12 holes and carded a 53 (+5) with each ball.

I'm very excited. I shot a 79. 39 / 40! Best ever since i picked the sticks back up. Putted on frost for the first 2 greens! hit some sweet hybros and some nice drives as well. This was at the harder of the 2 courses I usually play (Longwood University), so I am very happy. I was so frustrated a few weeks ago, I was kicking myself for buying new clubs. I had to remind myself I've only fallen off the wagon about 3 months ago, so I have nothing to complain about. If I wasnt stuck in mandatory training for the next few days, I'd take off and play more.

78 with 3 doubles is the definition of crazy JLit. I had a 78 earlier in the year with 3 triples so I know what you went thru. I almost needed counseling after my round.

Still a solid score dude!

A lot of woulda/coulda/shoulda comes out of those rounds. 78 with three triples is just ridiculous.

71 in a 4 man scramble. I could play like this all the time. It's was my first and a lot of fun. Not good enough to beat the winners 54, but we had some great shots between the group. Just couldn't string enough together for a better score.

41/39=80 from the senior tees, 71.4% FWs, 33.3% GIRs, used 32 putts with 1 three putt. 2 Sand shots and then 2 putted after each, one putt was a miss from 5 feet, could have had the sandy. I need some range time, getting the big hook back on several shots.

41/39=80 from the senior tees, 71.4% FWs, 33.3% GIRs, used 32 putts with 1 three putt. 2 Sand shots and then 2 putted after each, one putt was a miss from 5 feet, could have had the sandy. I need some range time, getting the big hook back on several shots.

Not a bad round. I would much rather deal with the hook then trying to fix a banana slice.

74 on a par 3 course (18 holes though and definitely not easy). Played with borrowed clubs, no warm up, so I was happy with the score

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk now Free

37/44 81. A big sigh of relief that I only shanked one approach iron. A buddy watched that shot and asked why I deccellerated on it? Maybe that is the key to some "no shank" rounds.

Played a round with a set of Ping I20's. Shot 42/42 84. My short game saved me from a much worse score. These Pings had stiff steel shafts and they simply did not suit me. I'm used to playing graphite PX in regular flex. Needless to say I did not hit many greens (7). But, lately I haven't been hitting many with my X-Hots or RBladz either. Really in a funk with the iron swing.

Shot an 43/45 for 88 this afternoon playing with MWard in Orlando.
Had a blowup hole on 18, a 9 on a par 4. Two balls in the water.

Will ESC as an 85. Could have set a new personal best for this course if I had just played smart like MWard urged me to! To aggressive a line left my first approach wet. I know better!

Had a blast playing with Captain Ward!

We should have tipped it. Obviously played it better from back there!

Courses around here are closing starting next Monday, and have stopped storing my clubs so only playing with the clubs I'm willing to carry around in my hand (don't drive so bike/roller blade to the course). As my wicked awesome driving iron broke last week and is being repaired (ball on leaves; hit ball then root; shaft bends 45° right at base), I'm carry 5 clubs but my longest is a 6i (180 club). Normally I tend to bring my driver too, but didn't feel like it today (only 7°C and a 2-3 club wind) as I've been hitting it poorly recently. So keeping in mind there were 5 holes where even with good hits I couldn't get there in reg, I shot 81 (+11). Not terrible considering the circumstances, but my pitching was terrible, and I only made 2 putts over 4 feet. IDK if it was me or the extremely soft greens (rained much of the past 3 days, and got some quickly melting snow/sleet/hail the first 4 holes), but all my pitches seemed to have 0 roll and I didn't compensate well, especially early. Played with my 180/150/110/80 yard clubs today. Carry around just the 5 was no big deal without the driver, so tomorrow might go 180/150/120/100/80. A lot of times my shots today were right in between the 9i/55° clubs, so going 9i/52°/58° might make for some simpler shots.

shot my best round ever! 40 on the front 37 on the back - 77 !!! Those Golftech lessons and lots of practice are starting to pay off.

I shot a 40/39 79 today with 29 putts and 41 stableford points to finish second in our Wednesday comp, and that was with a bogey, bogey, bogey, double start so I managed to pull it back a bit. My mate playing off a 21 played another great round and shot an 82 with 47 points to win for the day. Im guessing his handicap will be dropping.

t was a cool crisp fall day at salmon creek cc in western new york, 10-22-13, the gaunlet had been thrown down, i took the challege. 14 clubs at 2 pm for 18 holes of match play, it was a classic head to head duel, back and forth, down one, down two, back to even, the crowd was on edge , taking pics of the classic duel ( six4three5 was the crowd due to recent gall bladder surgery, and driving my cart ) watching me go one up, then two up, my short game keeping me in the hard fought battle to the very end. final score, Maddog 2 and one over amsmith61. some of the most fun playing golf this year, thanks aaron​

Went out early this morning and shot a 52/40 - 92. The front nine was an absolute disaster, couldn't hit the ball and it was only my driver and putter that were working. Back nine I started to get into a good groove with par/bogey/par/par on the final four holes. 30 putts in total with no 3's, first time out with the new putter and it made one hell of a difference.

Went into the round totally cold with no warm-up (No facilities at this course), next time I think I'll hit the range first, can see breaking 90 hopefully real soon.

Played in the weekly blitz today and shot 38/40=78, Hit 85.7% FWs, 33.3% GIRS but got up and down 7 times so the misses were mostly very close to the green. Used 29 putts with 1 three putt. 3 sand shots with 2 saves which is highly unusual for me. The wind was a constant 10 MPH and sometimes as much as 20 MPH so I was very happy with the score under those conditions. Unfortunately I missed pulling my points by 1 so I did not finish in the top 3 in my division.

Sorry you didn't pull your points DD but solid scoring!

Practice round for a 3 day tourney tomorrow shot a solid 76 but missed 6 birdie putts inside of 10' . I know the greens are gonna be double
Cut in the morning so I didn't bother lining and pacing any putts

49 degrees and 20 mph winds made for a rough round of 87 for me today. I played on a course I had only ever played one other time and I forgot how undulating the greens are...most difficult around IMO. I hit 9 fairways but only managed to hit 3 greens in reg. I just couldn't adapt to the wind.

However...it was free and in lieu of work.

I rarely post in this thread because my scores are always so high, but today is the exception as I shot a personal best of 86 today (44/42). My previous best was a 92, but that was so many years ago that I still had hair when it happened. I didn't keep a lot of stats, but here are the couple that I did keep. I hit 12 of 14 fairways, but only 9 greens in regulation. I am not very long off the tee, but I was really pleased with my driving today. Putting was pretty good, but I missed every birdie put I had (3 that just burned the edge). Today was without a doubt the best ball striking round I have ever had. To top it off the weather was awesome. It was 72 degrees and not a cloud in the sky. It was windy today, but it didn't have any impact on my score. Just an awesome day all the way around.

Currently testing the TaylorMade SpeedBlades for THP.

I rarely post in this thread because my scores are always so high, but today is the exception as I shot a personal best of 86 today (44/42). My previous best was a 92, but that was so many years ago that I still had hair when it happened. I didn't keep a lot of stats, but here are the couple that I did keep. I hit 12 of 14 fairways, but only 9 greens in regulation. I am not very long off the tee, but I was really pleased with my driving today. Putting was pretty good, but I missed every birdie put I had (3 that just burned the edge). Today was without a doubt the best ball striking round I have ever had. To top it off the weather was awesome. It was 72 degrees and not a cloud in the sky. It was windy today, but it didn't have any impact on my score. Just an awesome day all the way around.

Currently testing the TaylorMade SpeedBlades for THP.

Awesome! Cograts :). I know they say short game is king, but it's amazing how much easier the short game becomes when you're hitting fairways. Love those days when it just clicks.

Congrats JH!!

Congrats on the new PB John! That's some good shooting!

I played 27 holes today with my 6/9/55°/64°/p. Hit the ball much better than yesterday. Taking 2 fall golf free drops (my rule of thumb-and no I don't count these rounds for my cap-is that if you see where it goes and lose it in leaves you get a free drop where you think it was), I shot +8 over the 27 holes. Made some putts, but mainly it was just keeping the ball in the fairway and staying out of trouble.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back