The Burger Thread

Couple of local Burger joints in the DFW area that are good:

Scotty P's
Jakes
JC's

All very good.

And I forgot the best one and actually my favorite burger joint to go to when a hamburger is on my mind: Twisted Root!

All types of pickles to pick from including HOT!

Pickle-jars-Twisted-Root-Burgers-downtown-Arlington-TX-photo-by-Sheila-Scarborough-640x361.jpg

twistedroot_burger.ashx

There is a place in Salt Lake City called Lucky 13's. It is a dive biker bar, but the burgers are stupendous - juicy, cooked medium rare to medium, and big. The Ol' Man is my drug of choice - roasted jalapenos, grilled onion, and swiss cheese on top of 1/2lb of beef. Served with their rosemary garlic fries and a cold beer, it is to die for (possibly literally)! Highly recommended if you're ever in town, and it's one of the bigger reasons why I miss SLC.

http://www.lucky13slc.com/

^this is all true. lucky 13 is the shizz. but being what sounds like a former salt laker, or at least someone familliar with the city, i can't believe you didn't mention crown burger. even the new york times loves that place. http://www.nytimes.com/2009/07/29/dining/29united.html?pagewanted=all&_r=0

Don't get me started. I'm a burger (especially bacon) freak. Here are a few of my favorites.

Slaters 50/50 in Anaheim Hills, Ca.
Peanut Butter and Jelly bacon burger.
IMG_0615_zps7df8c448.jpg

Slaters 50/50 The 50/50. 50% ground beef and 50% ground bacon patty.
IMG_0614_zps2f7fbdb9.jpg

The Federal in Long Beach. The Smoke House Burger
IMG_1514_zpsb7ef981c.jpg

The Burger House in Pomona, Ca. The Bacon Burger.
IMG_1517_zpsef168ec8.jpg

And this bad boy is homemade.
50-50.jpg

Brgr in Vegas
The burger bar Vegas
Burger21 Orlando
BurgerPi Orlando
The filln station Orlando
Kopps Milwaukee
George webs Milwaukee

C-Mac, that peanut butter reminds me of the Wheel In Drive Inn, Sedalia, MO. Never thought I would like it, but it's just a damn good burger.

^this is all true. lucky 13 is the shizz. but being what sounds like a former salt laker, or at least someone familliar with the city, i can't believe you didn't mention crown burger. even the new york times loves that place. http://www.nytimes.com/2009/07/29/dining/29united.html?pagewanted=all&_r=0

Yep, I lived in SLC till this July. Crown Burger is pretty awesome - pastrami on a burger is visionary. But I think they're very different animals. It seems like this thread is focused more on sit down, eat in type burger places, whereas every time I went to Crown I got takeout and gorged myself at home haha. That being said, Crown Burger is about the best true fast food burger I've had anywhere.

Come to think of it, SLC has a bunch of really good burger joints! Salt Lake Burger, Copper Creek, the list goes on...

C-Mac, that peanut butter reminds me of the Wheel In Drive Inn, Sedalia, MO. Never thought I would like it, but it's just a damn good burger.
I didn't think I would like it either but I was pleasantly surprised.

Plan B Burger Bar - Burgers, Beer, Beef and Bourbon. Nice.

Multiple locations here in CT including West Hartford, Glastonbury, Milford...

www.planbburger.com

Plan B Burger Bar - Burgers, Beer, Beef and Bourbon. Nice.

Multiple locations here in CT including West Hartford, Glastonbury, Milford...

www.planbburger.com

I like Plan B. I hit the Simsbury one when I'm up there in September. Lots of good beers from the area on tap, and the burgers, etc., are always really good.

Don't get me started. I'm a burger (especially bacon) freak. Here are a few of my favorites.

Slaters 50/50 in Anaheim Hills, Ca.
Peanut Butter and Jelly bacon burger.

Slaters 50/50 The 50/50. 50% ground beef and 50% ground bacon patty.
IMG_0614_zps2f7fbdb9.jpg

The Federal in Long Beach. The Smoke House Burger

The Burger House in Pomona, Ca. The Bacon Burger.

And this bad boy is homemade.

half bacon patty!?!?!?!? Whaaaaaaaat!!!

And I forgot the best one and actually my favorite burger joint to go to when a hamburger is on my mind: Twisted Root!

All types of pickles to pick from including HOT!

Pickle-jars-Twisted-Root-Burgers-downtown-Arlington-TX-photo-by-Sheila-Scarborough-640x361.jpg

twistedroot_burger.ashx

I love pickles! THIS would be the one that I want to try.

We don't have any AWESOME burger places in THIS area. I guess if I was going to drop a name...there is a place in KC called...Blanc Burgers. They have AMAZING burgers, and food in general.

Cool place to eat...

Blanc-Burger-and-Bottles.jpg

They serve your fries in a tiny shopping cart...and there burgers area great!

11780-2.jpg

One of the top places around here for a Burger is Shakespeares. An English style pub that just does them perfectly.

Ramsays BURGR was phenomenal. Square 1 here in Sarasota is incredible. Burger 21 in Tampa is special as well.

Brgr in Vegas
The burger bar Vegas
Burger21 Orlando
BurgerPi Orlando
The filln station Orlando
Kopps Milwaukee
George webs Milwaukee

There is a Burger Bar in San Fran as well, and it just so happens to be across the street from my hotel.

There is a Burger Bar in San Fran as well, and it just so happens to be across the street from my hotel.

If it's the same place, go eat there. Kobe beef with pepper bacon, smoked Gouda grilled onions on an buttered egg bun. Thank you will be in order

Man, this thread is making me hungry. I love a good burger, but have not been to many very fancified places like many of you. Last one I had that was memorable was at the Tremont Taphouse in Cleveland. I'm going to have to try to get to some of the places you guys are mentioning.

I don't get the love for 5 guys, I did not like their food at all. Then again, I do like in-n-out. It's not like a great restaurant burger but a very good fast food burger imho.

Jay go to flea market instead. Blanc is wayyyy overrated IMO

As a native grand rapidian (wut) how can I not flaunt the fact that we have the number 1 burger in the country (by GQ). Been here, the meat is so rich I couldn't even finish it (and that doesn't happen)

http://stellasgr.com/

Had one of these yesterday at a Bar and Grill in Hempstead, Texas

It's called the Thirsty Parrot Burger

Yes, that is fried jalapenos on it!!

Yummy!

2011-08-21-13-53-03.jpg

Yep, I lived in SLC till this July. Crown Burger is pretty awesome - pastrami on a burger is visionary. But I think they're very different animals. It seems like this thread is focused more on sit down, eat in type burger places, whereas every time I went to Crown I got takeout and gorged myself at home haha. That being said, Crown Burger is about the best true fast food burger I've had anywhere.

Come to think of it, SLC has a bunch of really good burger joints! Salt Lake Burger, Copper Creek, the list goes on...
Yes sir, SLC is a very underrated burger hot spot. Hires big h is another great spot.

Kuma's in Chicago is hands down the best in the country. Its just off the hook.

I came in here to rave about my favorite burger joint but after seeing some of the pics I realized that I cant compete. Fried jalepenos? Hell yeah.

Where I live I think the two best places to go are Burger Inn and Boogies Burgers. Burger Inn has a lot of different types of meat and just great burgers Boogies is a mom and pop shop and just plain good burgers nothing flashy just simply done well.

Had one of these yesterday at a Bar and Grill in Hempstead, Texas

It's called the Thirsty Parrot Burger

Yes, that is fried jalapenos on it!!

Yummy!

2011-08-21-13-53-03.jpg

That looks amazing, I never should've ventured into this thread being on a diet and all but damn, that looks like a fine burger.

Love me some Fat burger with the onion rings on it. Yummm!

Back