Year of the Loft - TaylorMade

Canadan

LGND
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap

I like it! Opening the door to lots of potential for change, especially with all the companies embracing various spin heads!!

Who's up for more loft in 2014? #LoftUp

I think alot of guys on here discovered to embrace more loft this past year and beat Taylormade to the draw on this one. I was convinced I needed to use the 9.5 setting on my Amp Cell til I saw I think it was Jman raving about the 11.5 setting, I figured what the hell, I'll give it a go and I haven't looked back. Adding that loft and putting a Grafalloy BiMatrix shaft in there took one of the weaknesses of my game and made it one of the strengths.

I would like to give the added loft a chance this next year. I have seen a few THPers this year go up in loft and it has helped them tremendously. I believe that I need to give it a try.

Always was told lower was better at the local golf store. This proves its not reality

I like the idea, currently I am using 10.5 but a few years back was using 8.5. More loft is a good idea for a lot of amateurs, usually leads to less side spin off the driver and straighter drives.

That's cool, I went from a 9° to a 10.5° a while ago and loved the change not only in distance but accuracy as well.

My ball flight is too high for lofting up, let's see on the new xhot I got today.

Tapping from my IPhone

I've played 10.5 almost exclusively my entire golf career. I only switched to 9.5 in my Nike VRS because the shaft launch it high. That carried over to my MC Xhot pro, oh I won with that one. I'm back to 10.5* with my Optiforce

I'm absolutely a believer. Two months ago I would have thought this was complete bs. But after testing the SLDR, I'm part of "Embrace the Loft"

If one were to look at the stats on the tour of guys using low loft vs high loft from just a decade ago it is staggering. Launch fittings changed that. Solid core ball changed that.

I play my X-Hot 10.5 at 11°, I know it helps me.

I jump back and forth between 9.5 and 10.5. At 11.5 I start to lose distance.

I was hitting the SLDR at 11.5* of loft, I usually play 9*. And it worked.

Think most on THP were aware of what more loft can do (via JB's thread 2011?)

Maybe a company actually producing commercials saying something will get rid of some of the ego holding most back from going with a higher loft.

I like what TM is doing here. Most OEM's have offered a higher loft driver (up to 12*) recently but the average consumer seems to inevitably think that anything over 10.5 is just ludicrous.

I'm happy to see an OEM bringing attention to it, I think it's great for both the average and experienced consumer.

My loft has changed this year. I went from a 9.5° to a 11.5° and I'm loving the results. I think with the recent updates to the drivers now you will see more people using all kinds of different lofts.

I have my R1 at 11.5 right now, on the LM I was launching at 13.5 on that setting

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the added benefit of loft on the SLDR also due to the fact that it's a low spin driver? On my RBZ2 I definitely see a distance loss when I crank up the loft, but maybe that's just me.

I am all for more loft. With that said, paired with the right club, increased loft can help so many people with their game.

Mas loft 4 me por favor

I really need to get an adjustable driver I guess so I can play around with the loft. Always have played a 9.5° or 9°.

I definitely need increased loft. My driver is a 9.5 and I hit it pretty low. I know I lose at least 20-30 yards because of it. Planning on upgrading in 2014.

I've always played a driver at 9.5* until a few months ago when I bagged an Amp Cell. A bunch of THPers were raving about the club at 11.5 so I would have been a fool not to try it.
Tried it, loved it. Never looked back and never going to.

I think there is a misconception out there that "the golf ball should never get above a certain height" off the driver. I've played with quite a few guys who always tell me I hit it too high and that I'm getting no distance but that is just not the case! High and penetrating is hugely effective IMO.

I've always needed loft. I was using a 12* on the RBZ and went down to 10.5 w my XH. I'm back to a 12 now with the R1. I still have launch problems, but it's more of my swing than anything else.

My year of the loft was 2013. We're trendsetters up in here.

Back