The Official Rant of the Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
I havent seen the Sun in 3 days I think

I can get a nice house for $250K with only like 4K in property taxes in FL...my how times have changed

I can get a nice house for $250K with only like 4K in property taxes in FL...my how times have changed

Dont forget no state income tax.

Dont forget no state income tax.

very true

perhaps in May my awesome wife will manage to find another million dollar house she likes

very true

perhaps in May my awesome wife will manage to find another million dollar house she likes
Sounds like a Siesta Key Spring Break trip is in the works!

Look at homes in Beavercreek they are ridiculous on taxes!

I found out it does vary quite a bit county to county and partially why we moved to where we did.

I will try to show her only houses under a million. ; )

yeah thanks, she still mentions that house randomly every now and then

I honestly thought it would be around $600K, I have no idea it was over a million. It was a nice house, but overpriced. You were definitely paying for location there.

yeah...water aint worth no 400K

Exactly. Wish I could.

You don't need to. You throw on a spandex suit, hop on the bike and you are there. Everybody wins... Except for the spandex. Haha

How in the world can housing and taxes in NE Ohio be as much if not more than some nice places in FL?

If you really want to know..

Because we have homestead exemption, which allows up to $50,000 of taxable value removed from the assessed value. Combine that with the perk of only taxes being able to go up 3% per year with homestead exemption, and you can be in situations where person was lived in that home for over a decade, can have very low taxes in relation to other parts of the country. Not to worry though, the state of Florida automatically reach figures and assessment of value, once the sale of the home is happened. So the nice old couple who have lived in their home for 30 years, have nice low taxes. When you buy that home, your taxes are very likely to go up :)

Exactly. Wish I could.

To be fair however, you can walk to what many have called the nicest beach in the United States (Travel Channel among others).

To be fair however, you can walk to what many have called the nicest beach in the United States (Travel Channel among others).
Very true.

Or I can save a few hundred K and drive my lazy a$$ there

Or I can save a few hundred K and drive my lazy a$$ there

We are about 10 minutes. 15 if there is traffic. We love the area we are in just for proximity to everything.
We also love the area Beags is in.
Being in the smaller city (compared to Tampa), its just something we have fallen in love with.

We are about 10 minutes. 15 if there is traffic. We love the area we are in just for proximity to everything.
We also love the area Beags is in.
Being in the smaller city (compared to Tampa), its just something we have fallen in love with.

yeah im definitely not a fan of the bigger cities, like smaller "town" feels

yeah im definitely not a fan of the bigger cities, like smaller "town" feels
And thats one of the things I enjoy about Sarasota. Smaller town feel, but has just about everything I need.

And thats one of the things I enjoy about Sarasota. Smaller town feel, but has just about everything I need.

Lots of small towns in Wisco and apparently a lot of bike companies.

Freckin thieves! !!
I got nailed. Got into both my sheds, Bag w/ Adams CMBs ,3 hybrids, shafts for iron. My air compressor, battery charger, jacks and ALl my tools

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back