Club Crown Review - Company Spotlight

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
THP look at a new company that might help a whole lot of THPers. If you like custom...Check this intro out by Hawk.

http://bit.ly/194LcBd

This is pretty darn cool, a nice way to spruce up the look of a wood while adding an alignment aid. Also like that it serves as a PUP.

Does the pricing $40 include installation? Would like saving shipping by having it done locally if possible.

I could see that stripe making its way onto my R1! I'm gonna look further into this.

That's pretty interesting there Hawk. I can see where having a uniform crown through the woods/hybrids can be advantageous.

I think thats awesome that you can do that to your driver and woods. That way you can be more colorful without having to buy a Cobra Amp Cell. Look forward to see if some more more members get this done. Nice write up Hawk.

Just browsing the site and they have a ton of designs. I like the black carbon fiber.

Got swing thoughts?

Haha thats a pretty sweet one there Cookie. I'm just going through them now, and holy cow they got tons of options. I think we could come up with a cool THP design. Now that would be a bombing driver with that design.
Just browsing the site and they have a ton of designs. I like the black carbon fiber.

Got swing thoughts?

This is a great idea and a wonderful product long overdue.

Nice review! I really like this idea if you're trying to bring back some life to an old driver. As the review said it covered up sky marks very well. $40 bucks isn't bad unless that doesn't include install. Then, with shipping, it could creep higher and might be to much for me.

Cross hatched bacon!? Mind. Blown.

Another great write up Hawk, it seems to me that I have seen this concept used before and the purchaser was required to do their own installation. I do like the idea of having professional installation as I am sure many people quite often did not install the old ones to their liking. I spent about 10 minutes at the website looking at the designs and they have so many that anyone should be able to find one that they really enjoy.

Nice Job Hawk! I'm just not a fan of doing this to my clubs. Buried do like the GREEN AND WHITE rally stripe!

I'd swear I've seen something very like this before, but can't put my finger on it.

I can't help but think MacTac. Especially when they say "3M adhesive". Must be something different, though. Seems thinner, and must not be prone to peeling.
Any plans to actually use the head you had done? I'd love to see what the practical lifespan is.

I do like the options for designing your own. That's a new twist, and they don't seem to gouge for it. The "certified installer" bit confuses me, but I suppose that's quality control as much as anything.

Cool concept and many will love I am sure, but not for me as the 2 grams on the top of the club gives me pause and I would just want matte black anyway.

Thats a pretty cool option to have, looks like solid quality and for the price of a box of balls.

Does the 910 driver have the raised triangle alignment aid on the top of the head? If so, do these cover it up pretty well? These look really nice!

That's pretty cool. I definitely like the collegiate series. I wonder how tough they are to install on your own.

Thats pretty cool, definitely could see some unique drivers out on the course with these in play.

I like it. I'm not sure if it's something I would spend too much money on but it's a cool way to further personalize your bag.

This is pretty darn cool, a nice way to spruce up the look of a wood while adding an alignment aid. Also like that it serves as a PUP.

Does the pricing $40 include installation? Would like saving shipping by having it done locally if possible.

I could see that stripe making its way onto my R1! I'm gonna look further into this.

Yes, I believe it does. Keep in mind that shipping it to them would be quite a bit more expensive, just because of shipping.

I'd swear I've seen something very like this before, but can't put my finger on it.

I can't help but think MacTac. Especially when they say "3M adhesive". Must be something different, though. Seems thinner, and must not be prone to peeling.
Any plans to actually use the head you had done? I'd love to see what the practical lifespan is.

I do like the options for designing your own. That's a new twist, and they don't seem to gouge for it. The "certified installer" bit confuses me, but I suppose that's quality control as much as anything.

It's not my gamer driver, but yes I've practiced with it since then. So far, so good. From what I've seen, they are heat shrunk on there, which is probably why the installer is needed. It's not just a sticker in other words.

Cool concept and many will love I am sure, but not for me as the 2 grams on the top of the club gives me pause and I would just want matte black anyway.

2g? Not even close to noticeable. Driver performed the same and felt the same.

Does the 910 driver have the raised triangle alignment aid on the top of the head? If so, do these cover it up pretty well? These look really nice!

It does and it does! I actually didn't realize it before I sent the head, but noticed afterwards. You can still see the raised portion, but it's pretty faint.

That's pretty cool. I definitely like the collegiate series. I wonder how tough they are to install on your own.

See above.

One other thing I considered, though not as applicable now is that those people that like a driver, but have some mental hang up on its color now have a way to get over that.

The Edwin Watts near you carries them and will install them for you

This is pretty neat. Looking at the site, they have quite a selection, although I didn't see any Pro-team wraps.

looks pretty sweet!

Very interesting idea. I could see this clearing the way for some who have issues with certain clubs appearance. I need to hit their Web site and check it out.

Back