Meet Your Assistant Captains - 2014 Morgan Cup

I expected blinking and stammering when Doug didn't pick-up.

I just kept thinking in the back of my head, "This is not how it's supposed to happen!"

Edit: Buying the supplies today for plop plop fizz fizz

Just turn to them and say "Dont look at me. I am molding the future". :angel:

hahaah I am going to use this one

Here is Tim's reaction to the news:

Tim's reaction is awesome, I was so happy to be his roommate last year, I know Erik and the rest of the team will love having Tim on board. Congrats, that's my roommate!!!

Here is Tim's reaction to the news:

I can easily envision WCBM's smile on his face when getting this call based on the sound of his voice, just so contagious!

I think I just got seasick watching Wardy's video....LOL

Congrats again to all 4 Assistant Captains!!

Tim's reaction is awesome, I was so happy to be his roommate last year, I know Erik and the rest of the team will love having Tim on board. Congrats, that's my roommate!!!

Thanks bro!! I keep thinking how lucky we are to belong to a place where this is even possible. Even though I've been there it still doesn't seem real.

I think I just got seasick watching Wardy's video....LOL

Congrats again to all 4 Assistant Captains!!

Me too. But at least we could actually hear him for a change. #Whisper #MichaelWardReporting

such great choices here. I had a feel WCBM would be back in the fold. Just seems right that he is back where he started on Team Paradise. Congrats to Dough and JS as well. I know you both with embrace the event for what it is and help bring it to another level.

I can easily envision WCBM's smile on his face when getting this call based on the sound of his voice, just so contagious!

The big goofy teeth were flying fast and furiously haha

Congrats, guys! Excellent selections all around.

Add three more to the super excited list.

Really impressive team of caps and cocaps! BooCoo happy for all you guys :clapp:

edit: Oh, boocoo means "very much" :D I learned that during my stint in Nam.

This thread is awesome in so many ways. Congrats to all 4 guys.

Jeff/John is the only one I know personally and can really picture him smiling. Good luck to all 4!!

Man, it would be an honor to be selected to ANY of those teams!

Congratulations to all the captains and Assistant captain's. What a great group to head the next Morgan Cup !

Congrats guys!

YouTube is frustrating me so both videos are going up side by side. Someone didn't answer at first...

There he is!

First off, let me say that I really and truly am SUPER pumped for Tim and Jeff, you two will rock it and I look forward to finally meeting you both in person!

Now, for the quoted rocking chair videos above. This one, this one makes me incredibly happy for a couple reasons. Number one, I'm the founder of the Dandy Doug Delightful Calve fan club, he's still confused about that and frankly so am I but the fact is they are amazing calves and will do well for him trying to carry Wardy in this thing! Secondly, I'll make no denying that Doug is perhaps the one that I wanted in this year the most, even more than myself, he's such a genuinely GREAT guy and has got such an awesome personality and big ole heart that cares SO much about THP and everyone here. Doug, you deserve this buddy, you SO SO SO deserve this.

All three of you, I'M SO HAPPY FOR YOU!

How cool would a captain/asst captain match be? Getting WAY ahead of myself, but there would be fireworks!

Congrats to all of the captains and the assistants they picked. Looks like a few are going to have a busy 2014!

Some excellent choices there, for sure

Congrats gents.

Sweet! Great group right there, can't wait to see how these teams fill out.

Congrats guys!

How cool would a captain/asst captain match be? Getting WAY ahead of myself, but there would be fireworks!

And a crap ton of awesomeness haha

Just think about this for a second. You are on THP. You have never been in the Morgan Cup, but know you want to apply for it. The captains are named, the first contest is announced and you know you are putting in for it. You havent even submitted your vine video yet maybe. Or maybe you have.

Then you get a random phone call. From the captain of a team. You have never met them, know nothing about them and frankly have no idea what is going on.

Then they ask you to be a tour pro for the next 6 months. You are going to experience something like this that will make you shed a tear. You are getting the 14 clubs, the staff bag, all the apparel and accessories. You are going to Myrtle Beach to compete in this special event. All from a phone call that you had no idea was coming from someone you have never met.

Thats the effin Morgan Cup. For all the naysayers out there, that 1 minute phone call is what its about. Nothing more, nothing less.

Right here. This. This post is one of the big reasons I love this place. I've been on so many forums for so many hobbies, I can't tell you how many dozens of automated birthday emails I get from them. None of them have ever given back to its members like this one. No group is as close knit as this one, especially after an event or gathering. None. Amazing post.

Just think about this for a second. You are on THP. You have never been in the Morgan Cup, but know you want to apply for it. The captains are named, the first contest is announced and you know you are putting in for it. You havent even submitted your vine video yet maybe. Or maybe you have.

Then you get a random phone call. From the captain of a team. You have never met them, know nothing about them and frankly have no idea what is going on.

Then they ask you to be a tour pro for the next 6 months. You are going to experience something like this that will make you shed a tear. You are getting the 14 clubs, the staff bag, all the apparel and accessories. You are going to Myrtle Beach to compete in this special event. All from a phone call that you had no idea was coming from someone you have never met.

Thats the effin Morgan Cup. For all the naysayers out there, that 1 minute phone call is what its about. Nothing more, nothing less.

I thought about it. Couldn't be more happier for those guys. Huge testament to the assests they are on THP and I don't think there is a better way to reward them. The freakin field will be set for ANOTHER MC before we know it.

To anyone like me wanting in BAD; put your thinking caps on and get creative, competition is tough.

Back