The Happy Happy Joy Joy Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Going to play golf with the gals today. It will be the first time in about 7 weeks. Fingers crossed that my back will allow me to complete the round! Either way, it will just be great to get back out with my friends.

I was going out and play some golf today too however after my six week checkup Monday, my Doc told me ya ready to play some golf with a big smile! Then he said with a sad face, not so fast. I want you to wait until after January because we had to do more in your knee than what was expected and it takes a bit longer. I almost kicked him with my sore knee and said, "the dayummm thing works well for me". :D

KellyBo will enjoy the day out for both of us so I'm happy for her :thumb:

Just got the word, my buddy Brad (b rad on THP) and wife just had a happy, healthy baby girl. There was a lot of health concern for a number of reasons, but sounds like all is well. A few of you might remember Brad (the pizza thief, lol) from the Iowa event last year. This made my day!

It makes mine too Duey, congratulations to the happy parents on having a happy, healthy girl.

It makes mine too Duey, congratulations to the happy parents on having a happy, healthy girl.

Thanks a bunch buddy, these guys have been through so much, it's a real blessing.

Going to play golf with the gals today. It will be the first time in about 7 weeks. Fingers crossed that my back will allow me to complete the round! Either way, it will just be great to get back out with my friends.

Awesome KB! Here's hoping you have a blast and get in a full 18.

I tell you what, since switching to performance fabrics in my shorts and shirts and to compression shirts and boxers it has made packing for long trips so much easier. I can fit 8-10 changes of clothes in a bag when my old stuff would only let me fit 4-5 changes.

Plan of attack is made. Two types of fudge, two types of cookies and my grandmothers homemade cinnamon roles. My cousin and I are going to do some serious baking tomorrow. I can't wait!!!

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk

Good luck, KB!

Plan of attack is made. Two types of fudge, two types of cookies and my grandmothers homemade cinnamon roles. My cousin and I are going to do some serious baking tomorrow. I can't wait!!!

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk

I'm happy I don't live in your house. I would be fat (but happy!!).

Good luck with your round KellyBo! Your back will hold up just fine!

Spending time with pups like this after a long day of work is my HHJJ.

dysu2y9a.jpg
I love that boxer face. They all have it. Including mine:
yvu8ebev.jpg

I assume that pup is up for adoption?

I am excited and this is a gratifying milestone for me today! I walked three miles solo today (well my dog Roxie was with me :D) which is the longest I have walked post knee surgery. It has been a little over six weeks now and I got up this morning with this goal planted solid in my mind. :blob::bananadance::drinks::good::guitar::thumb:. Three miles use to be a piece of cake even with the bum knee I had become somewhat accustomed to. I was not going to quit exercising because of a little pain :nono:. I said screw the knee because I have a heart to keep healthy too. Anyways today was probably the slowest three mile walk I have ever made, to say the least however it was the best I ever made because I did it! Now I know I can do it so it's on like donkey kong :thumb:

Atta boy, Bill! Keep at the rehab, you'll get that knee where it needs to be.

I am excited and this is a gratifying milestone for me today! I walked three miles solo today (well my dog Roxie was with me :D) which is the longest I have walked post knee surgery. It has been a little over six weeks now and I got up this morning with this goal planted solid in my mind. :blob::bananadance::drinks::good::guitar::thumb:. Three miles use to be a piece of cake even with the bum knee I had become somewhat accustomed to. I was not going to quit exercising because of a little pain :nono:. I said screw the knee because I have a heart to keep healthy too. Anyways today was probably the slowest three mile walk I have ever made, to say the least however it was the best I ever made because I did it! Now I know I can do it so it's on like donkey kong :thumb:

phenomenal news buddy

Way to go grey. I will never forget the challenge of getting everything back after my knee surgery. The physical therapy and dedication it takes get back on your feet. Great job man and keep it up.

Congrats on your 3 mile walk, Ole Gray!

Way to go Bill, but be careful there man. I want to hear about dancing, not relapse, lol.

Attaboy Bill! Sounds a lil Crisco in the knee joints is all he needed! :thumb:

Way to go grey. I will never forget the challenge of getting everything back after my knee surgery. The physical therapy and dedication it takes get back on your feet. Great job man and keep it up.

It is a challenge for sure partner. It has been an uphill climb since day one and every little milestone along the way makes ya smile. I remember when I could sit on the toilet without the fear of busting my arse. That was huge :D. Then came bending over and tying my own shoes, putting the walker down after the first week, cane a bit later, & driving my truck after four weeks was sweet. Many more little steps thrown in here and there and now I have accomplished a biggy on my list of to do things. I can see the end of the tunnel coming up before long :thumb:

Congrats! Keep up the hard work!

It's amazing what the body can/will do when the mind decides something. Congrats & keep up the good work.

Tapping away on my iPhone

It's amazing what the body can/will do when the mind decides something. Congrats & keep up the good work.

Tapping away on my iPhone

I won't deny that I was little bit scared because if I had got stuck half way out, there was no one to call because the cell phone coverage for some reason goes to pot in certain areas of the county we live in. KellyBo is golfing today so she could not rescue me if I had a blow out. It was me and my dog humping up the hills and country roads. I mean country roads too where we have boar hogs, coyotes, bears, and other animals to look out for.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back