The Official Banter Away thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have decided that the rest of the week is going to effin rock on THP.
#FranchiseRewritten

Rest of the week?

I dunno....today was pretty damn solid.

#FranchiseRewritten

I love it when JB gets excited! Usually means the rest of us are going to absolutely freak out over what's coming.

#FranchiseRewritten
It always rocks, dude.

#FranchiseRewritten

Decisiveness is an admirable quality in a leader...

typo's courtesy of Samsung Galaxy S4 autocorrect... Enjoy!

Thanks to everyone that pushed me to go to the funeral a few days ago. I honestly am not sure if i would have went if it wasn't for everyone telling me to go. I was able to get my certification class rescheduled and said eff it. Could be a long day as it's 6 hours each way but it was definitely the right call.

Good luck Jesse James. I'm glad it worked out.

I really would like to try one of these, I'd have to have that music playing while I rode as well.

Ive gotten 2 sales calls int he last 30 minutes

If you call me before Im done with my daily Monster energy drink you have 0 chance of selling me whatever your trying to

If you call me before Im done with my daily Monster energy drink you have 0 chance of selling me whatever your trying to

Did you remind them of your global positioning?

Let me know when you have it down, buddy! Lol

I really would like to try one of these, I'd have to have that music playing while I rode as well.

Someone posted a thread of these before when they were on kickstarter, assuming it's the same company, I wonder if they got all their funding. I would love to have one of these, I think it would be awesome.

Did you remind them of your global positioning?

I mean dont get me wrong, its services we "could" take advantage of, but that early in the AM im not in the mood.

Let me know when you have it down, buddy! Lol

lol, at least I picked up the phone today, yesterday they were heading straight to voicemail

Someone posted a thread of these before when they were on kickstarter, assuming it's the same company, I wonder if they got all their funding. I would love to have one of these, I think it would be awesome.

Yep, same company. They posted on Twitter they will be at the PGA show this year.

Road trip? Acca-hell yeah.
udyvepy7.jpg

So I dont really know where to post this. I will start off by saying I never enjoy or like anyone losing their job. But..... there is a guy here at work that is a complete moron and makes my job twice as difficult on a daily basis. A few months back my boss told me he was going to try to get this guy fired and have me absorb his position as somewhat of a promotion. More money and more responsibility. I have had that conversation before about promotions and it never goes anywhere so I never get my hopes up. Well yesterday he had a conversation with this guy's boss in which he was asked about his performance and it turns out he is going to be let go. I do not know when and I really hope it isnt before the holidays. I am torn on whether to feel bad for the guy or be happy about the prospect of getting a much deserved promotion.

Can't feel bad for people that underperform, assuming they have been made aware of their performance issues.

Job market is too tough to take a job for granted and not perform to expectations.

Can't feel bad for people that underperform, assuming they have been made aware of their performance issues.

Job market is too tough to take a job for granted and not perform to expectations.

I understand that. Maybe this shouldnt be part of it but he is an older guy as well. As much as I want to be mean and say eff that guy, my nature just wont allow me to. Plus what we went through with my wife losing her job and baby a week before Christmas, it kind of hits home for me as well.

I understand that. Maybe this shouldnt be part of it but he is an older guy as well. As much as I want to be mean and say eff that guy, my nature just wont allow me to. Plus what we went through with my wife losing her job and baby a week before Christmas, it kind of hits home for me as well.

That's why it depends on the person and circumstances.

Did the manager work with employee as part of performance reviews? Was the person aware of the issues they were causing?

If they are blindsided by this, then that's the fault of the management team.....and not somewhere I would want to work.

That's why it depends on the person and circumstances.

Did the manager work with employee as part of performance reviews? Was the person aware of the issues they were causing?

If they are blindsided by this, then that's the fault of the management team.....and not somewhere I would want to work.

Honestly I do not know the answer to that question. I assume that they have talked to him before. I think it's more a function of his position being redundant and unnecessary than him being terrible at the job. I just hate seeing anyone lose their job and feel bad about possibly being happy about it. Ughhh. Why cant I just be a person that doesnt care? I know I come off a certain way but I really do care about people and I just hate to see it.

It's good to care...just situational dependent IMO.

I hate the sense of entitlement that some people have....and for those people I can't say that I feel bad for them.

It's good to care...just situational dependent IMO.

I hate the sense of entitlement that some people have....and for those people I can't say that I feel bad for them.

Wise Cookie.

Honestly I do not know the answer to that question. I assume that they have talked to him before. I think it's more a function of his position being redundant and unnecessary than him being terrible at the job. I just hate seeing anyone lose their job and feel bad about possibly being happy about it. Ughhh. Why cant I just be a person that doesnt care? I know I come off a certain way but I really do care about people and I just hate to see it.

As a manager in retail I assure you I've been there when it comes to being on the tough end if the stick. Like others have said it could be the managers fault or the employees ...who knows. . But dev I assure you you don't want to be a person who doesn't care. It takes people caring in the world to keep some sanity. Too often in these times people are targeted as expendable and just a number..it's good to know that there are people who still care about others out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back