Engraving Your Irons

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Lets say you have an engraving machine. And you are set to engrave your irons.
What do you put on them?

This is something I've always wanted to do but I could never decide what I'd put on them. I'm really looking forward to some replies here, maybe it will give me some ideas.

Probably just something simple, like my initials.

If I had the ability I would put my initials JTR on my wedges for sure and maybe my irons. Unfortunately I don't trust myself to do it

Well My Initials are TNT and thats what I would put, so that combined with the fact I am DYNOOOOMITE! Ala

Oh man good question, I'd probably go with Trout Bum or M.D. It would really depend on the iron and where it would go.

I would probably do it like my Hopkins wedge. DEK stamped all over them.

Then again, my brother being a CNC programmer, I could have him create some logo for me, and engrave that lol

Probably something that wouldn't affect the resale value. It would be hard to sell clubs that have been personalized.

Probably just initials, maybe THP, but can't really think of anything that is meaningful enough/short enough to fit.

Easy. . . . Drumdog FTW !

Bullfrog! What else is there? The engraving would be exactly like this...

neza9ume.jpg

Amphibians can Tapatalk... Fear the Frog!

Probably something that wouldn't affect the resale value. It would be hard to sell clubs that have been personalized.
This is my thought. I change irons so much, and trading in or selling equipment to reduce the price of the new equipment is always beneficial.

That being said...I did just have two Hopkins wedges delivered with "O'Carroll" engraved on them.

Bad Mother #####. Then any time a bag boy would ask which clubs were mine, I'd say they're the ones that say Bad Mother #### on them. And I'd laugh and laugh.

Taps away

probably my initials or my favorite number, just to identify them.

if i didn't care about resale prob put buck on there. although i prob would never engrave irons

I don't think I'd ever sell them, I still have my Trout Bum wedge shafts just waiting for the right heads to put them in. They would mean too much to get rid of.

Something related to my children. Initials, names, nicknames, something along those lines. I might even name each club after a child or grandparent, etc. It would be cool to putt with "Hazel" or "Dorothy"!

I'd have "Shef" or my brothers and mothers name/initials/birth dates. I would love to have this done. I'd also been DYING to have my wedges stamped.

WDE.
or
Beags.
or
THP.

B-RAD.

For obvious reasons

Not sure I could pick just one thing. Being an Under Armour snob it would most likely read "Protect this house"

Back