The Ultimate Golf Event Period - The 2014 Morgan Cup - #THPMC

Something new is said about this event every day that gives me butterflies. As much as I want to say that I know what I'm in for, I have no clue.

The funny thing is you have been to a Morgan Cup in person and you are so right. You have no idea how awesome this is going to be.

The funny thing is you have been to a Morgan Cup in person and you are so right. You have no idea how awesome this is going to be.

It's going to be incredible. As much as it's exciting, it's also filled with hard work and practice. That's also a lot of fun working to get better every day.

I missed the entire build up for the 2013 event. I want to say that I completely understand the event because I was there as a volunteer but now that I'm involved as a player I realize there is an entire aspect of it that I just don't comprehend. I'm so happy to be able to see it from both sides.

I went back and spent the day viewing the 2013 photos thread and just got so enveloped in it all. Still pinching myself to make sure I'm in.

I missed the entire build up for the 2013 event. I want to say that I completely understand the event because I was there as a volunteer but now that I'm involved as a player I realize there is an entire aspect of it that I just don't comprehend. I'm so happy to be able to see it from both sides.

I can't wait to meet you Jordan. Gonna be a blast win or lose.

Honestly , I really don't think it's set in for me fully. Sure I have the email and congrats from everyone. The threads of all the sponsors is bombarded with ideas and questions, however I am very very very fortunate. I truly mean that. I was selected early in the process and I was selected after being a member for such a short time. Not saying this to brag or anythjng, because to this day if you asked me in a lie detector test I'd say I feel others who I shall not name probably should have beat me. I say all this because up until the grand daddy I really haven't been here on the forum for a big event. I haven't been here to follow along and see what thp events are truly like, the play by play, the support of people that didn't get in cheering other on and truly meaning it. I've read the post and watch the videos ( truth be told I have them bookmarked) about the mc but I haven't been here for them to fully understand this event. I focus on the contest . Supporting and watching them, I go stalker status on the people talking about previous years and this upcoming years mc. Yes I focus on clubs and equipment i mean im sponsored by cobra effin puma effin golf.but honestly I can only live through others at this point. Im trying to improve my game and loose a little weight.When the rest are selected and from what I hear I start getting pm'd from tour reps this post will be null and void because I'll have to start actually excepting that I'm in something that truthfully have no clue how to understand. If that makes sense.

This is an awesome post ^^^^^^^

It's going to be incredible. As much as it's exciting, it's also filled with hard work and practice. That's also a lot of fun working to get better every day.

In the Army we call it embracing the suck. Being able to practice something even when you really don't want to. Today I had the afternoon to myself, and instead of playing video games like I wanted to, I spent an hour and a half working on chips and pitches. It's probably the worst part of my game right now. I'd hear guys joking and warming up on the range and want to be over there, pounding full shots out into the aether, and here I stand, cursing 8 yard shots going 10 yards and 15 yard shots going 12 yards. But it's what you gotta do.

#THPMC is the best thing to ever happen to my golf game, and it's still 7 months away.

At least once a day I'm planing on how I'm gonna get better for the MC. Practice, lesson, equipment...I can't wait for the spring but until then I'm working in the basement and heated range to improve!

Has anyone in the past started threads on the process to the cup? How they were practicing and what they were doing to prepare?

I think the range/practice thread gets work for that. I don't think anyone wants to make it a #THPMC exclusive thing of what we're doing to prep for the Cup so much as what we're doing to become better golfers, because we're doing the Cup.

O.K. I went old school. I am journaling it. EVERYTHING, ideas, teams, observations, workout schedules, benchmarks, club selections, writing about the experience EVERYTHING. When it is over, i will have pictures in there too. One day, when im gone, my daughter who already knows this is way cool, will have it and REALLY understand how fortunate her daddy was.

Every day there is a new thought or idea. I find something from a previous MC to consider or apply to my prep. It is just so special, cool, humbling..... I think about it all the time.

JM

Wasn't sure, just wanted to go read bout some of the past preparation and see how others did it.

I think the range/practice thread gets work for that. I don't think anyone wants to make it a #THPMC exclusive thing of what we're doing to prep for the Cup so much as what we're doing to become better golfers, because we're doing the Cup.

Ding ding ding

Wasn't sure, just wanted to go read bout some of the past preparation and see how others did it.

We are going to have a lot of info on that once all participants are named, but the Range thread is a great one to start with.

Untitled12_zpsa42474cf.png

Here is a list of all the participants with sponsors and the remaining spots left as of today. I have been keeping a word document and adding to it as more are announced.

This list is just mine and is not affiliated with THP whatsoever BTW.

Thanks for putting that list together. It seems like yesterday I found out I was going to be participant. Crazy to think there are only 8 spots left.

O.K. I went old school. I am journaling it. EVERYTHING, ideas, teams, observations, workout schedules, benchmarks, club selections, writing about the experience EVERYTHING. When it is over, i will have pictures in there too. One day, when im gone, my daughter who already knows this is way cool, will have it and REALLY understand how fortunate her daddy was.

Every day there is a new thought or idea. I find something from a previous MC to consider or apply to my prep. It is just so special, cool, humbling..... I think about it all the time.

JM

That's a great idea JM! I blogged about my experiences when I went out to my first big amateur tourney 2 years ago. I did it mainly for my sake and have gone back and re-read it several times to relive it. You'll be glad you did. Between your journal, the threads here and the live coverage, you'll be able to relive your journey for years to come.

The communal google doc has become a past time of hilariousness. Always a fun read. Freddie, bless your heart for putting up with us characters.
I loved watching the comedy unfolded live!

Can't wait to hear the latest deets.

Captain Hawk is fired up, spells trouble for the other 4 teams

Captain Hawk: the ultimate motivator.

Times are a changing boys and girls!

Captain Hawk: the ultimate motivator.

Times are a changing boys and girls!

Sounds like I need to hire a hitman to keep Hawk in check so the other 4 teams have a chance.

I love this thread lol, Hawk is kicking it up a notch! Let the preparation begin!

Tomorrow is a brand new day. I plan to roll into SC in July 50 pounds lighter and <3 on my handicap. Workouts and training start bright and early tomorrow.

Back