Morgan Cup 2014 Travel plans & accommodation thread

I'm about 300mi away and barring good fortune of getting in myself, I'm pretty sure I'll be down to volunteer if needed. If I could come up early to play a practice round or two with some of you guys, it would basically everything I'd look forward to from the MC anyway

I'm about 300mi away and barring good fortune of getting in myself, I'm pretty sure I'll be down to volunteer if needed. If I could come up early to play a practice round or two with some of you guys, it would basically everything I'd look forward to from the MC anyway

Volunteers are need and very much appreciated. Would love to see you there.

Heck yeah man plenty of room for volunteers in the practice rounds

Volunteering is a great way to get involved even if you don't get picked, come down and play some practice rounds, dinners, and just general good times, plus Morgan is so good t orchestrating everything it a total blast. Get your commentator voice going lol.

Commentator voice and know how to describe a shot to someone who may not be able to see the video only hear it

Yes. Ward and I talked about this before. All the folks did a great job of this last year. Describe it like you are telling a blind person what's going on and it's $$$$$.

Well guys I can now be apart of this Thread. Haven't really thought about travel yet so I guess I better start doing that. I was just down in Charleston last Sept and drove there. So ill check out flights or may decide to drive down there again. I need to save save now. But glad to join you all now.

So is everyone just going by themselfs and there wifes? Wife just asked if she could bring her mom down with us. I don't it's a problem with another spectator is it? I was thinking that it said somewhere about one guess though so I just want to make sure about this.

So is everyone just going by themselfs and there wifes? Wife just asked if she could bring her mom down with us. I don't it's a problem with another spectator is it? I was thinking that it said somewhere about one guess though so I just want to make sure about this.

No issue, several guys have brought extended family over the last few years and they have been a joy to have around!

No issue, several guys have brought extended family over the last few years and they have been a joy to have around!

People can bring guests, as long as they are registered with GolferGal prior to the event. Otherwise they will not be allowed to walk the course. We will have details up on guests and whats included coming soon. Keep in mind that with additional guests, there may be additional costs for the dinner as THP covers the participant and one guest.

People can bring guests, as long as they are registered with GolferGal prior to the event. Otherwise they will not be allowed to walk the course. We will have details up on guests and whats included coming soon. Keep in mind that with additional guests, there may be additional costs for the dinner as THP covers the participant and one guest.

This is good information. Thanks JB. Just let me know and I will respond accordingly with our info.

JM

Thats good to hear thanks for that Cookie. Say sounds like we will be driving so it won't be to bad for a 14.5 hr drive. Her mom is allergic to peanuts so she can't fly.

Well guys I can now be apart of this Thread. Haven't really thought about travel yet so I guess I better start doing that. I was just down in Charleston last Sept and drove there. So ill check out flights or may decide to drive down there again. I need to save save now. But glad to join you all now.

Everyone can be a part of this thread and it is encouraged

Thats good to hear thanks for that Cookie. Say sounds like we will be driving so it won't be to bad for a 14.5 hr drive. Her mom is allergic to peanuts so she can't fly.

JB elaborated above regrading the requirements that are forthcoming but just speaking as a fellow player, it was really cool to have guys there with their family supporting them through the event and cheering them (and everyone) on.

Sounds good JB and my wife want's to spend some time with her mom down there while were out golfing. Will let them know and ill let golfergal know before the event. Thanks JB

Pretty sure the girlfriend and Lil man are coming. Might even volunteer if they are needed. Lil man is sooo excited to meet all these golfers and see what I keep talking about. He told me tonight, don't forget I helped take that picture for you...

Everyone can be a part of this thread and it is encouraged
I know you speak the truth but I also know exactly what coers us saying :)

The more the merrier and getting to share this event with family present would be over the top! Holding off on even thinking of travel plans until more is known, OK...so I have already been thinking about it....

Traveling is pretty easy for me , about a 6.5 hour drive. The lodging part I'm awaiting the info jb is going to say sometime.

So I should leave my peanut cologne at home? :alien:

Currently my plans are to fly East early, probably between the 15th and the 18th, depending on flight rates. I'll be getting my practice reps in in Virginia, where my lodging is free and I can borrow one of my parents' cars to get some play in. Going to drive down to Myrtle with my wife (while the kids stand with their Memere and Pepere (my folks)) early Thursday morning, and hopefully at least get some time in on the range Thursday afternoon to stretch out after the 6 hour drive. Then I'll drive back up to Virginia Monday, possibly Tuesday, depending on circumstances and whether my wife wants to stick around for another day.

Haha maybe, she carry's epi pen with her all the time. She has had her throat swell up twice becuase she ate something that either had peanuts or peanut oil in it.
So I should leave my peanut cologne at home? :alien:

A friend of mine put a crazy idea in my head...get to the states on Wednesday, True Blue & Caledonia on Thursday with rentals...Morgan Cup fri - sun, and then stay until Friday next week and play around in SC & NC...

I kind of like it...but then again for me it would be important to play around there before the event since the grass and other conditions are way different than at home...but if arrive late, I wouldn't risk playing to much, or having to fly back with two bags... The earlier I get to Myrtle the more rounds I get with THP'ers...that's a big plus.

BOOM!!! Had to jump on a ticket today from DFW to MB! Been watching for a few months now and it dropped $100 today to $270!! Ticket purchased! I think I purchased that same ticket for $550 last spring before the MC.

Arrive in Myrtle Beach at 12:30pm on Wednesday the 23rd!

Back