The Happy Happy Joy Joy Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great news! Your little buddy will be back on his feet with tail wagging tomorrow :thumb:

Yep -- right until he realizes what's missing...

:Alien

Nice Seth! I wish you the best buddy! A change is good. You'll settle in fine I'm sure. Damn that means I have to ice jack you again for a new card!

Got a late Xmas present today, but definitely better late than never!

ahanuse8.jpg

This guy is gonna be gaming some Hopkins this year!

Using Tapatalk

STP- Wet My Bed/Crackerman = bamf song.

+1 to your street cred. STP "Core" was a great album. Push play and you can walk away album.

Definitely

Sent from my iTouch using Tapatalk.

Just arrived! Grabbed the nearest sharp object to tear into the box!

e5ada8ag.jpg

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Better watch it with that blade, might cut through the club

Seth, I'm proud of you buddy. Follow your heart and you'll be a happy man.

I have an interesting HHJJ post (at least for me it's interesting), and also a little bit of an announcement.

I have decided to change law firms and to also change practice areas. For the last 8-9 years, I have focused primarily on serious injury and death cases from the defense side of things. Starting Monday, I will be representing the plaintiffs in these cases.

It is an interesting philosophical shift for me. When you first start practicing in this area, you think that the "bad" guys are the ones representing the plaintiffs. After a while, though, you start to realize that representing the defendants in injury/death cases really means representing the insurance and corporate risk management industry. That's okay -- there are a lot of really great people that work in that industry. But, it made me realize that this type of work can be much more fulfilling when you're representing the person who has been injured.

It is an exciting (and a little scary) change for me. It's essentially the same law, but my practice will change considerably. With a little luck, the move will also be considerably more profitable, although I have learned that money is not everything (and not really close to the most important thing).

I informed my partners on Monday, and I'm telling the rest of my current firm today. It's sad, because I have been at this firm for more than eight years, and they have become a family to me. But, I cannot stay at this firm and do the type of work that I want to do. It is the nature of the industry.

We'll see what happens. Hopefully, this will be as good of a move as I think it will be.

Best of luck, Seth. I know a few guys who made the switch and love it. I've never been an us vs them guy and have considered the same thing a few times, so good for you making what I'm sure was a tough choice. Good luck with the transition.

Taps away

Good luck, Seth!

Good luck Seth!!

I simply love this place! Picture this. I' m sitting in my motel room in Orlando, having arrived four days early for our Ultimate Testing (yes I'm excited and just a little eager), and googling, looking for a driving range where I might go in search of an acceptable iron swing for this weekend. I get a PM from TroutBum saying that Freddie had sent me a Tweet. I fire up Twitter and there's Freddies' Tweet saying "check your DM's". The DM said "Text me, I have a 1 pm tee time at Grand Cypress and would love for you to join". I'm embarrassed to admit this, but with my new, first ever smart phone, I had never sent a text. Somehow it got thru and I enjoyed a great round of golf with Freddie, Marc (TroutBum) and Chris (KnightLightLpro). What a great day, and I'm a happy guy! Panda is one awesome dude, and is what THP is all about!

Sounds like an awesome day v.man!

Best of luck Seth. Sounds like a solid and well thought out decision. I know you will kill it.

Nice vman. sounds like a great time!

Love it Seth. I know it's not exactly the same but you know what my wife and I went through and I think anyone would be lucky to have you fighting for them. I knew something has been going on for quite a while with you and I hope this was it and I couldn't be happier for you my friend. Change is always scary but I know you are a hard worker and not someone that rests on their laurels.

Almost...to....florida!!!

Good mail day. THP bag tag and coin plus a $50 visa gift card from AT&T.

Plus my dog seems to be more himself today. And no work!

Got a package in the mail today that should make the next few weeks fun :)

I have an interesting HHJJ post (at least for me it's interesting), and also a little bit of an announcement.

I have decided to change law firms and to also change practice areas. For the last 8-9 years, I have focused primarily on serious injury and death cases from the defense side of things. Starting Monday, I will be representing the plaintiffs in these cases.

It is an interesting philosophical shift for me. When you first start practicing in this area, you think that the "bad" guys are the ones representing the plaintiffs. After a while, though, you start to realize that representing the defendants in injury/death cases really means representing the insurance and corporate risk management industry. That's okay -- there are a lot of really great people that work in that industry. But, it made me realize that this type of work can be much more fulfilling when you're representing the person who has been injured.

It is an exciting (and a little scary) change for me. It's essentially the same law, but my practice will change considerably. With a little luck, the move will also be considerably more profitable, although I have learned that money is not everything (and not really close to the most important thing).

I informed my partners on Monday, and I'm telling the rest of my current firm today. It's sad, because I have been at this firm for more than eight years, and they have become a family to me. But, I cannot stay at this firm and do the type of work that I want to do. It is the nature of the industry.

We'll see what happens. Hopefully, this will be as good of a move as I think it will be.

Seth I completely understand your situation and as you know I am basically going through the same thing. Congrats my friend and my your new career be blessed.

Florida. So close.

Got my putter from THP today. AMAZING!!!! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back